Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 am

No, not the homing missile.
    When the fifth king is going to spawn, you instantly die. The homing missile was gone.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 am

Oh! Damn, i've never seen that one before.
    Edit: I wonder what causes that thing, i've never experienced that stuff before, and i've been fighting about 8 of them at the same time. :|
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am

wonder what causes it too, but they have an instakill.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Rynn wrote:wonder what causes it too, but they have an instakill.

I think that happened to me once. In NG+3, something suddenly ohko me. But is like if you just suddenly die from no apparent reason since nothing actually hits you... Or its so feaking fast.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 pm

befowler wrote:I am notorious for being one of the last people to discover the Great Hollow or the fact that there was a whole section of Darkroot hidden behind a killable tree, so bear that in mind with these:

-- You can do a coded drop attack onto the giant rat above the waterfall in the Depths (i.e. one of those ones where it looks like you're riding it before you jump off)

-- souls spears/CSS (and maybe others) do a ton more damage if you hit someone square in the back

-- It is possible to get Super Ornstein to commit suicide by jumping out of one of the big sunlit windows in the cathedral if he does his electric impale and lift attack right up against the side of the window and then clips through it on the recovery animation
    don't feel to bad, i only JUST discovered the kill-able tree......iv had the game since launch. mine is the WOG stunlock, if someone has high enough poise you can just stun-lock them into oblivion, also with crystal soul arrow -_-
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 am

I only today found out while taking my new character down into the Catacombs earlier than I ever usually go that the Giant Skellies drop Murokamos.

Also because I went down there far earlier than I ever had for the RoK, for the first time ever I heard snoring in the pool after having rung only the 1st bell. At first I thought it was a glitch cuz I know what happens. After googling it I found that it's just something I missed in all my other playthroughs.. probably cuz I hated the Catacombs so much I'd save it for after Anor Londo.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 am

Discovered that Havel is actually easy to kill if you strafe him, and backstab him. Was scared sh*tless when I first encountered him, afterwhich he beat me to a pulp, and I never tried to tackle him again until I was summoned and the host wanted to tackle him. I then discovered not only is he slow, but you can strafe behind him, and set up some easy backstabs! Was worth it too as his ring is awesome!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 am

On the subject of the 4 kings; He does get hit in perfect timing with using his estus. Possible relation?
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 am

That you don't have to spend 30 humanity to open the shortcut in Lost Izalith in order to save Solaire.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am

VinheimProfessor wrote:That you don't have to spend 30 humanity to open the shortcut in Lost Izalith in order to save Solaire.

Explaine yourself! lol
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 am

Nito also has an extremely obscure grab attack. I've played with him for hours and have never gotten him to use it, same thing in coop. Only time I've even seen the effects was watching someone else's death through a bloodstain in Nito's lair, the poor guy shook up and down in the air like a throttled rat for the entire animation.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

Uparkaam wrote:
    Gazman0169 wrote:When in the Crystal Caves use cheap arrows or bolts, and not Prism Stones, to map out the safe routes across the invisible paths, as they are a heck of a lot easier to place.

However, there is one problem when using arrows. It's the trip back after getting the slab. If you use prism stones, you'll already have a visible path. But if you use arrows, you'll have to map the path again with the arrows.

Seek guidence is a lot better. There are so many messages there when you use the miracle that you can usually see the path to get there.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 am

befowler wrote:Nito also has an extremely obscure grab attack.

Once I used fire storm when I was next to him and saw his grab attack charging. I thought, "Oh crap!". Then my character finaly cast the spell and his hand went over me. lol!
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 pm

I've never cast Seek Guidance yet... It was a spell I more than likely always have, but just NEVER think of. I've decided several times against getting that Blue Slab in the Crystal Caves cuz I just don't want to hassle with that path... so will Seek Guidance illuminate enough messages to "pave" a way (around the bend) to that Blue Slab?
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    VinheimProfessor wrote:That you don't have to spend 30 humanity to open the shortcut in Lost Izalith in order to save Solaire.

Explaine yourself! lol

Heh I'm not the only one that's encountered this. Look at this; a link from our very own forums: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t9663-saving-solaire-without-the-chaos-covenant

I did it the hard way, though. I killed all of the bugs first, then remembered him, went back and he survived.
    meowzersx
    meowzersx

Post by meowzersx Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm

I found out today that there's a ring behind the giant blacksmith lol :oops:
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 am

I took on pinwheel as my first boss and found out if you let the soundtrack loop instead of 3 pinwheels there are about 5-7.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:23 am

Everynevers wrote:I've decided several times against getting that Blue Slab in the Crystal Caves cuz I just don't want to hassle with that path... so will Seek Guidance illuminate enough messages to "pave" a way (around the bend) to that Blue Slab?

I've only tried this once, but I don't know why it wouldn't work a second time. I cast the miracle and the extra messages showed almost the entire turn in the invisible path. I just merrily walked to the the blue slab. cheers
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Black Knight Halberd does significantly more damage than the Black Knight Greataxe, despite the BKGA showing +104 more damage output.

dafuq?

Mhm, I don't understand that. Whenever I use the BKGA it deals a LOT more damage than the BK Halberd.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 am

Tomhet wrote:Mhm, I don't understand that. Whenever I use the BKGA it deals a LOT more damage than the BK Halberd.
    Also depends on what you use the weapon on. The axe has regular damage, while the halberd has slashing damage, some enemies/armors are usually vulnerable to one type.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 pm

I discovered that shooting lightning into water causes a big AoE... It happens with the Dragonslayer Spear, and the lightning spear spells.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

You can parry all attacks to negate the damage whether they're parry-able or not.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:13 pm

It doesn't negate all the damage though, it's like 60-70% ...but you don't get staggered/stunned/etc which is awesome.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:21 pm

That's if you do it on a mob that is actually parryable. If you do it on something you couldnt normally parry you can make their attacks pass right through happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm

The Cresent Axe is immensely long and multi-purpose.
    Just discovered that today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 pm