Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Ghadis_God
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
lextune
FruitPunchNinja
IV_Mark_VI
Christoph
WandererReece
Back Lot Basher
13 posters

Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run Empty Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm

If you were going to try a starting level run, and wanted to protect your game from d-bag griefers, what would you bring with you through the BB method? High level weapon or armor? A ring? Or would you just say screw it...bring 'em on.

It would probably only be necessary for the Undead Parish and maybe a bit of the Depths or Blighttown, I suppose, but you never know with some of those morons.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run Empty Re: Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run

Post by WandererReece Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:40 pm

A lot of those morons seem to rely on their precious lightning weapons.

Once I tought maybe some lightning defense would be good. Like...

big hat, dingy robe, wanderer gloves / smoughes gauntlents, maiden skirt, thunder stoneplate, speckled stoneplate / favor ring, and a lightning grass crest shield

It would have very high lightning defense, but the physical defense would be kinda low.
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run Empty Re: Things to BB for keeping griefers away on starting level run

Post by Christoph Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:43 pm

:mask-averice: 'nuff said...
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Bring gear that looks like the starting gear you want to play. If they see you in Giants armour, they know you're maxed out. If you look you have stock equipment, then they're prone to be over confident or make a mistake.

So if you play a warrior, get a lightning long sword, maxed out heater shield, and upgraded regular gear. For rings... depends what you want. I don't like having anything that tips my hand that I'm fully geared.

IMO, people shouldn't be invading SL4 characters in the Burg, ever. It's a griefing move, so I automatically attempt to kill them. Since their fun is in watching you run for it, let them think that you're new and suck.

If they know you well then... long sword is still a good weapon.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 am

Great idea, for playing your cards close to the chest. I was helping a player in the burg yesterday, but this poor guy was REALLLLLY new to the game (only 3 xbox cheevos). He didn't even know enough to use his estus to heal me, and as soon as we got invaded he engaged all three Balder knights. Invader must have nearly wet himself from laughing.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 am

Honestly you can't really say anything if you are also going to bb glitch. I know for a fact that a lot of invaders started bb glitching BECAUSE hosts and their summons had lightning weapons ext in the first few areas. There's no way to prove who did it first, and no point really.

I think people forget that those weapons are overkill at those lvls, if you can manage to get a +5 fire weapons without bb glitch you will be fine. Or the jagged ghost blade, which is probably the easiest to upgrade that early and does decent dmg.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Well, I bought the PS3 version yesterday. Popped it in, got the white soap stone, put down my sign. Was summoned by a host that had an invader with some kind of high level fire weapon. Killed us immediately, then pointed down at us.

Yaaay. Kill those awful invaders. Don't invade the Burg at low level. The point is, all invaders I've ever seen in the burg have a high level weapon, and you have such low health, you can't wait to see if they do or do not. So hosts/phantoms equip high level gear, if they have it, when they get invaded.

Result? Everyone has high level weapons in invasions; I have never seen an invasion in the Burg/Parish that does not.

To get the +5 Fire weapon, where do you find the Green shards? Farm them at the bottom of Blighttown?

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:23 pm

well you can actually make a base level fire weapon VERY easily. When you drop down to the blacksmith in the catacombs theres actually a green shard there for you to create a fire weapon. Which only requires a +5 weapon, which if you gather all the soul items and farm for just a few minutes you can get.

The Jagged Ghost Blade has very high base dmg, but has really bad scaling. So its great for low lvls. Plus getting a few twinkling tinite early on is pretty easy. Theres the crystal lizards, and then you can trade each moss type to snuggly. If you don't mind lvling up a bit, you can also use the gravelord greatsword. Or the Drake Sword, which is more then enough to kill low level invaders.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Yeah a base level, but you said +5 fire weapon, so I'm asking where you're getting the green shards from. I think you need about 9 or 10 of them
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:39 pm

If you are doing a "starting level run" why even play in human form? Or online, if you can't stand the hollowed form look....

In any event, by the time you get past the Parrish you won't be running into very many invaders at a starting level. My last no leveling run was a naked deprived toon, and I was human in Anor for the O&S fight for hours. Summoning Solaire over and over and over again. I was not invaded once.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Must not have sinned happy
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 pm

lextune wrote:In any event, by the time you get past the Parrish you won't be running into very many invaders at a starting level. My last no leveling run was a naked deprived toon, and I was human in Anor for the O&S fight for hours. Summoning Solaire over and over and over again. I was not invaded once.

That was my experience. Anything under level 10, as long as you don't sin, you should be on your own by the Depths or even deep into Blighttown. No invaders, and probably very little coop help.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Awesome. THis has been my experience on XBL as well.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Actually you gain enough for a +2 fire weapon if I remember rightly on the way down there. one of the crystal lizards drops 2.... been a long time since I have tried a new char sl1 run though so I may have misremembered
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Really? Besides twink, I thought their drops were random.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:15 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Really? Besides twink, I thought their drops were random.

As far as I know, they are. I was trying a low level Hunter yesterday, and started down the slope toward the Hydra. Shot the lizard and got a titanite CHUNK. Couldn't believe the luck....I've never had a chunk drop from a lizard when I was hollow with no humanity.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Well its dropped for me every time I can remember and have been paying attention...some of it is random but I think that some parts are predetermined. correct me if I'm wrong but does the one before taurus not always drop twinkling and occasionally other stuff?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Always 2 twink, but the other stuff is random. Sometimes a chunk, sometimes 2 large just from recent memory...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:If you were going to try a starting level run, and wanted to protect your game from d-bag griefers, what would you bring with you through the BB method? High level weapon or armor? A ring? Or would you just say screw it...bring 'em on.

It would probably only be necessary for the Undead Parish and maybe a bit of the Depths or Blighttown, I suppose, but you never know with some of those morons.
    a bleed weapon, dung pies and a shield that can parry.

It's always funny to get hatemail for winning like that. bs+dung pie is auto toxin a lot of the time, and bleed doesn't care how good their defense is.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Forum Pirate wrote: bleed doesn't care how good their defense is.

It doesnt? I thought bleed resist made it so you require more consecutive hits in order to cause a bleed the amount of damage remains constant but the amount of hits to trigger it increases.... a bit like any other defence lol! even if it doesnt ramp up as quickly.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 pm

He's saying the bleed damage doesn't care, not the build up.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:07 pm

defense isn't bleed resist, and bleed takes 30% (with some exceptions) of their hp reguardless of their defense is what I ment.

None of the griefers I've fought knew how to stop the bleed damage.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 pm

but it requires more hits in order to trigger that 30% so it may as well have been defence.

If the armour blocks half the damage and doubles the bleed resistance (random example) both damage rates are nerfed by the same amount.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Bleed/poison/curse defence is still defence.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:24 pm

It would require more still to kill them without bleed which was the point. Bleed is an automatic 30% hp and it gets them defensive (which buys time for toxic to wear on them).

Bleed resist isn't as effective a defense either, the armor will stop almost all the damage from a base iaito but 5-9 hits will trigger bleed on anybody if you can get them off, and it goes through shields. Even if I cant get it to trigger they're defensive to keep the bleed down so toxic can do its work.

Its also not defense, its Resistance. They function differently. Resistance is the bar that is filled to determine when the effect triggers, defense mitigates the damage from an effect triggering.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm