Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Emergence wrote:I guess my tack on point to that is why even bother with terra now for people who haven't hit 50, and just skip on through to the DLC? This is assuming one will buy the DLC, for those who don't this isn't really relevant.

That is a very good point you raise, the early release has annoyed me in that manner as I feel as though the hours spent farming have given me second grade equipment, which is something I loathe.

Of course, I can't even access the DLC yet, so I'm fine big grin
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Emergence Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Well from what I understand the DLC scales to you and the bosses are time locked making them unfarmable so I suppose that maintains some viability for the original on disc content.

On a related but also different point here is an interesting thread I came across on Gbx's forums:
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=176739

I had this persistent and nagging sensation that something wasn't quite the same in how I felt between 1 and 2. I thought maybe it was the fresh eye factor and being acclimiated to the gameplay made 2 less wow factor for me. However, once I read this I knew this is what was bothering me. I agree pretty wholely with the op. As much as I love 2, it is lacking a ludicrous element to it. Things just aren't quite as wacky or silly when it comes to the actual weaponry and that comes down to the red text gear.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 pm

IS the game even fun at lvl 50?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 pm

@Digital

I just killed the Leviathan actually!

To those wondering, if you're playing through the DLC on TVHM, the enemies start at level 45-46. So if you go in around 43-44, you'll be fine. I've been 1-2 levels under the mobs the entire time, but haven't struggled. I think they start at level 31 if you're on the regular playthrough. Also, I find the difficulty of the bosses is very well balanced. Just killed the Leviathan, level 50, at level 48 with average gear. It's because Gearbox made sure this time that there are plenty of mobs around for you to get second winds! So even if you're playing solo, you're not automatically out if you get down (unlike some of the bosses in the original story). I'm not done yet though, so I can't speak for the entire DLC, but I've completed most of it and I find it's been quite fair.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Considering buying the DLC now....but have no one to Co op with......
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 pm

me too viral, not sure yet and i hate having to leave rooms becasue i dont have the dlc and it seems like most people have it, poo.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Has the bee been nerfed yet? Want to co-op terra but not if the bee has been nerfed. Can't play online without patches though.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Yes, it got nerfed.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Damn, how'd it get nerfed?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Check this out, Wade: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64331002/720681100
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:34 am

Would anyone of PSN consider a weekly Forum Co op Session seriously? Taking on one or two quests at a time...or working toward specific levels for an hour or so of co op and finally working on taking down all the raid bosses?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 am

I would, but I'm not PSN. sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:54 am

im actually in my first playthrough with my siren adn im doing ALL the missions before i move on, we can coop if you want viral. im actually really busy getting al my builds ready bofore the patch adn im gonna playing dks only for the next few days but after im done we should coop. just pm on psn and let me know when you want to.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 am

Well it would be a casual thing so after the DLC is released and the hype or massive disappointment wears off...

so on a friday evening or something like that for about a hour or when ever suits you.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:38 am

lol i was thinking the ssame thing, im not getting dks dlc im just remaking my builds for the patch. and friday sounds good to me.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I just started a new Gunzerker! If anyone's starting a new game, I'm level 7 now.

Otherwise, I finally capped my Zero. I tried Terramorphous again and, though I was actually able to get some damage on him, he'd always knock me out of the arena and make me fall to my death. Only way to do this one (unless I farm for OP gear... which I won't) will be co-op. So if anyone else has maxed characters, we can get together for this one!

There's also some more of those raid bosses in the DLC. Once you guys have completed the DLC, we can do those too.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 pm

I've noticed a huge problem with Borderlands 2, one that's been eroding my enjoyment and motivation to play: Loot is just terrible.

They made legendary drops far, far too rare which ruins the whole point of "get better loot". The legendaries themselves suck, especially compared to Borderlands 1. The raid bosses also suck: Terramorphous' and The Warrior's loot is a damn disgrace, I shouldn't be getting whites and maybe one purple at level 50 from a raid boss. Crawmerax was perfect in regards to loot, and then they had the audacity to go and forgo the same level of loot drops for BL2. I can't help but feel that they gimped drops so that they can make a DLC boss with good loot and coerce their fanbase into splurging their cash in droves.

Also, they removed the options to check if a host was playing DLC content before joining their game, and the ability to filter it so that you could join non-DLC games only. Now it's practically impossible for me to play online, thus forcing me to comtemplate buying the DLC pack (which sucks from what I've seen and played).

Rant over.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Yes, I agree. But the idea is to keep you playing for long periods of time until you do get your desired loot, what they didn't take into account is how frustrating/monotonous the grind can get if you're only finding disappointment after disappointment.

As for the DLC complaint, I'm right there wit you brother. :bas:
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Somebody just dropped 8 legendaries in my game then quit, I've never had a u-turn of fate so quickly.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow. :shock:
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I agree about the loot. Nothing I loathe more in a game than the idea of having to grind to get the equipment I want/ need. In Dark Souls, you want a weapon, you go get it and upgrade it! That's all there is to it. I absolutely hate rare loot and things that need to be grinded and farmed (I've all but given up on Disgaea 2's Land of Carnage because I don't want to have to keep grinding to find the damn Orc pirates, and I loved that game...). Skill-based loot rewards? Sounds great. Rare random drop loot? *** off.

But the DLC is good, though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I just started a new Gunzerker! If anyone's starting a new game, I'm level 7 now.

Otherwise, I finally capped my Zero. I tried Terramorphous again and, though I was actually able to get some damage on him, he'd always knock me out of the arena and make me fall to my death. Only way to do this one (unless I farm for OP gear... which I won't) will be co-op. So if anyone else has maxed characters, we can get together for this one!

There's also some more of those raid bosses in the DLC. Once you guys have completed the DLC, we can do those too.

Hold up on leveling that gunzerker and Ill make a nice shiny new Mechro and meet you at lvl 10 somewhere!
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 am

I have a level 18 soldier I'm not using sitting around. If you catch up and need a spare guy, I'll join you.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:47 am

Well damn...I was tossing up between a Siren whic h I hhave at lvl 19 already or a Mechro which I need to make.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:49 am

Well if you go mechro, give me a yell when you're at roughly the Firehawk quest. Otherwise, I guess you know where to find me happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:23 am