Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

jsd201
    jsd201

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by jsd201 Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:50 am

Has anyone in the UK managed to download the DLC yet? Everywhere states that it was available yesterday, but I still haven't got it. When I played this morning, it came up with an exclamation mark by the DLC and said there was new content available, but when I went onto it there was nothing new there. Even tried quitting the game and going onto the PSN store separately but nothing there either???

Also, on a side note, I tried switching from TVHM to normal mode again just in case it was available there (which it wasn't), and it reset all of my skill points as if i'd paid for a respec! Then when I switched back to TVHM, they were still reset, and it had also randomly added Lynchwood to my list of available fast travel locations, even though I haven't been near there in TVHM yet!
    ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by ManiacDiscord Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 pm

So, my friend puked up about 50 legendary weps and other equipment, so if yall need any level 50 stuff I can trade ya on pc.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm gonna try to get on tonight Blaine, I can help you out but since I haven't been playing anything at all my siren is only level 35.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 pm

So I cleared the end game, and take one step into Terramorphous at lvl 31

Spoiler:

That something everyone held off on until hitting 50? In the meantime, before launching TVHM I was going to farm the other two raid bosses for some gear.

How does switching back and forth between TVHM and regular work? Assume TVHM triggers a brand new playthrough. Switching back to regular go back to your regular save with the whole board cleared?
    ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ManiacDiscord Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Emergence wrote:So I cleared the end game, and take one step into Terramorphous at lvl 31

Spoiler:

That something everyone held off on until hitting 50? In the meantime, before launching TVHM I was going to farm the other two raid bosses for some gear.

How does switching back and forth between TVHM and regular work? Assume TVHM triggers a brand new playthrough. Switching back to regular go back to your regular save with the whole board cleared?

I did the same thing after a longer hour of warrior farming, at level 35 I started the quest, and it said difficulty: impossibru. So I thought "challenge accepted, went to his mountain, blew the horn, and lost 50 grand. Good times.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm

@Emergence

I switched back to my original playthrough as soon as I'd started TVHM. Was right back where I left off, with all quests but Terramorphous cleared. Since then, though, I've gone back to TVHM and made significant story progress, so I don't know if I can just switch right back to where I was again. I'll check tomorrow (say hello to Terramorphous while I'm there!).

Also, it isn't really worth farming in your original playthrough if you're planning on playing through TVHM. The gear is so much better in the latter mode, that you'd mostly be wasting your time farming in regular mode.

@Rant

I noticed you were on, but you're not high enough level yet! I've been playing in Oasis, though, leveled up and got some much stronger gear. Bloodwing won't stand a chance when I get back!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:02 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@Emergence

I switched back to my original playthrough as soon as I'd started TVHM. Was right back where I left off, with all quests but Terramorphous cleared. Since then, though, I've gone back to TVHM and made significant story progress, so I don't know if I can just switch right back to where I was again. I'll check tomorrow (say hello to Terramorphous while I'm there!).

The merit in taking out the raid bosses a few times before rolling was to give me a bit better gear to start tvhm in. Wasn't happy with anything other than my sniper and launcher, so I've been doing some digging. Don't plan on doing it much. I do however want to finish off as many sidequest as I can. With the board wide open, it's a good time to work towards the plat.

Also, it isn't really worth farming in your original playthrough if you're planning on playing through TVHM. The gear is so much better in the latter mode, that you'd mostly be wasting your time farming in regular mode.

@Rant

I noticed you were on, but you're not high enough level yet! I've been playing in Oasis, though, leveled up and got some much stronger gear. Bloodwing won't stand a chance when I get back!

Would you say the same holds true for the Circle of Slaughter? As in if I am going tvhm, may as well wait on that until I'm at 50? I've also got this golden key burning a hole in my pocket. Def not using it now. How far did the expansion raise the cap? As I understand the raid boss in that is a one a day.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 am

Jsd, I believe the PS3 had a glitch where the fast travel for the Oasis would not show up, and the actual DLC was released a day late on the 17th.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 am

Another DLC is out already? Damn do I have to download this as well!
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 am

Well if you want to get your hands on the Pirate's booty winking
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:48 am

IF I bought the Season pass now would it still be cheaper than the latest and next two DLC?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 am

Yes I believe so, as I did. Each DLC is £7 or £8, and the pass is £20, meaning only three would still save you £1, and four would save you even more.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

Yeah but in NZ each DLC is worth $20 and I bought Gaige...

and the Season pass in 59.99.... seems like I lost out on saving money.....
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 am

In the US each DLC is $10 and I think the Season pass is $40.

The Pirate Booty DLC has those new guns you buy with the funky crystals, I wonder how good they are?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 am

Today learnt the ease and joys of farming Bunker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I now have all the goodies ill ever need for my mechro and Soldier!!!!!!!!!!!

HUZZAH!

Also Anarchy is the most powerful and entertaining game mechanism Ive ever seen! I love it!
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Today learnt the ease and joys of farming Bunker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I now have all the goodies ill ever need for my mechro and Soldier!!!!!!!!!!!

HUZZAH!

Also Anarchy is the most powerful and entertaining game mechanism Ive ever seen! I love it!

So, farm Bunker you say...

Also, I don't think anarchy is that cool. sad
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Yeah but in NZ each DLC is worth $20 and I bought Gaige...

and the Season pass in 59.99.... seems like I lost out on saving money.....

No...The Gaige is different from the dlc planned in the season pass. She is a pre order bonus that you were given the option to buy.

Each of the four dlc are campaign expansions. You will save about $20 with the season pass.

I read that they are planning more that the season pass wont cover though.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm

what is up with the fast forward thing? im right after the whole angel thing goes down and every time i finish a mission this thing pops up saying if i wanna skip the missions ive done, i dont get why it would keep asking me the same question.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Same happened to me when I started TVHM. I'd done some missions with you beforehand (or was it Viral?), and it wouldn't stop asking me whether I wanted to skip ahead. I ended up giving in and skipping ahead. I think it'll keep asking until you reach the point where you haven't done the mission already (in someone else's game, co-oping). I was a little pissed because I ended up underleveled and under-equipped! But might as well skip ahead, since the game won't give you the mission rewards for those missions anyways.

I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the Pirate DLC. I haven't finished it yet, but I've spend a decent chunk of time playing already. Too soon to say whether it was worth a full 10$, but so far the quality is great. They definitely didn't slack off because it's DLC! The environments are expansive and interesting, the characters are entertaining, and the missions are plentiful. Also, the mobs are fresh, the bosses fun, and the loot is great! If anyone's on the fence about getting it, I recommend it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 pm

holy dog ****! i cannot kill terramophous, im sl 35 and i cant even bring his hp bar down. is he actually killable or do i just need to level up and get better gear? its pissing me off
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 am

Hey Bla1ne, I can't access my DLC, but have you seen a/the leviathan yet?

@Rant
    Don't eve try to kill him until level 50. Preferable gear is any one of the following: The Bee, Conference Call, any high projectile count shotgun, Evil Smasher, and blunt damage rocket launchers.

Bring slag grenades.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 am

Im Level 31 right now with my mechro so anyone would could co op the Warrior a few times to power level me would be appreciated. I want to hit LvL 50 asap so I can co op with you guys!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:48 am

What is the reccomended level for the new content?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

Is it just me or did the DLC with it's cap raise and new raid boss come out too soon? A lot of people haven't hit the cap yet and for those who did and have been farming the raid bosses at 50, the cap raise and new boss kind of invalidates any loot they grabbed at 50, no? I mean how much time did you get to play with that shiny legendary before it was outclassed by the DLC? This is irrelevant of course if the gear can get you through the DLC and beyond.

Last edited by Emergence on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:53 am

I guess my tack on point to that is why even bother with terra now for people who haven't hit 50, and just skip on through to the DLC? This is assuming one will buy the DLC, for those who don't this isn't really relevant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 am