Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
isthefridge
>Brave<
4LeafTayback
sinisterapathy
Marionx
Bioraptor
ICEFANG
RNsunbro
TheBigLebowski
Bamjam
Sintinerus
Bloodios
Phantasmio
SunlightCrusader
whitechikz11
DoughGuy
Darksomething56
dianaduh
Frostacar
ViralEnsign_
Onion Knight
Shindori
Buggy Virus
Rin
Ghadis_God
fearandwhiskey
sir nimley
zzombieboy
Gawain
WyrmHero
xenosphere
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
KomradDakka
Slarg232
sonofartorias
Dubscythe
befowler
Tolvo
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
Juutas
new deal
PaPaSmVrf
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
49 posters

Namco Bandai Petition \0/

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Namco Bandai Petition  \0/ - Page 9 Empty Re: Namco Bandai Petition \0/

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:29 pm

LOL serious cmon, i get what you're saying but thats all just kind of excuses. The fact is they did it for money, they knew that the pc community would not really care about the extra content. Its the people who already owned the console version(you know the ones who bought the game, and spread the love to pc gamers) who will want that extra content. Its all about them getting console players to buy the game at full price more then once. I personally don't want namco bandai to turn in to an EA or Capcom. This petition for me at least was more just about letting them know we were upset with their buisness practices rather then me wanting the content sooner. I had already come to terms with having to wait 4months, thankfully it looks like we might get it same week as japan. Two months earlier then originally announced.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah, it's lame what they're doing.

I just downloaded the game and rushed an elemental-Havel build through to the new content in just a few hours. It was agonizing playing a character I know I'll never use other than on PC, but I wanted to see the new content before it hits the consoles in October. They'll get my money then.

And with the resolution mod, the game looks great. Hurrah
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Yea i honestly would buy it too if i had a pc capable of playing it, but like you i would be kind of upset that i had too. I just can't see the pc version not being full of hackers, the game has only been out a couple days and theres already people hacking. The top spot on the arena leader board was a hacker when i was watching a stream the other day. Thankfully it shows that they are a hacker, cause it will say they are sl10 or w.e yet they have 99 in every stat and max amount of every spell.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I worked for a company that released a small game onto XBox Live. The process was really, really annoying, and I was only involved in a portion of it.

For a fully fledged game like Dark Souls, I'm sure XBox/PSN have to devote testing cycles to the game, because a developer, even FROM saying "Yeah, of course it's good, put it out there" is unlikely for Microsoft to just agree.

So it has to be tested. Microsoft just doesn't have testers lying around idling, so it has to be scheduled, estimates given, costs determined, and documents signed off on. This takes meetings and time. Microsoft has a number of Xboxes with different hardware, and it would not be OK if the content only worked on most of them.

Microsoft doesn't offer such hours of work for free, so they charge them out, or they have some agreement of how they recoup their costs and make profit.

I highly doubt this is a "FROM making money grab". This is not to screw over console players. The most that FROM could have done is delay the PC content until the Console's had access to the DLC.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:LOL serious cmon, i get what you're saying but thats all just kind of excuses. The fact is they did it for money, they knew that the pc community would not really care about the extra content.

while this is extremely true, it makes sense.. i reckon pc gamers would care about the extra content, does for me if i get a game new, but obviously not as much as if you're a big fan like us haha.

In the end, they have to make money. if releasing the pc version before the dlc gets FROM more money to put into the next souls game, i couldn't care less as it will help expand the series.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm