Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Green__Eagle
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
9 posters

Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant Empty Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm

I have sent an email to Namco-Bandai's support asking the truth about the use of the Pendant and other things about Dark Souls lore. Here is their response.

-----

RE: Dark Souls Lore

Thank you for contacting NAMCO BANDAI's Customer Support Department

The pendant serves no real purpose besides being used at the Sparkly merchant/trader to trade for a Souvenir of Reprisal. The Eternal Dragon located at Ash Lake can't be killed (he is invulnerable), in fact even if you cut off his tail (to acquire the Dragon Greatsword) you will still be able to join his covenant. As for your other questions, unfortunately we don't really have any information related to the relationships of the characters or sidequest-related information. We mainly provide tips/hints and gameplay assistance to help you complete the main story of the game and also technical support (for damaged/defective copies of games).

Please feel free to contact us again in the future as the need arises.

Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support
    E-Mail: support@namcobandaigames.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NamcoBandai

-----

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:09 PM
    To: support
    Subject: Dark Souls Lore

Greetings. This message is regarding Dark Souls famous item, the Pendant and the interesting Lore of the game.

I have read various forums and guides, and I still cannot find the use of the Pendant. The guides said that its use is for trading, but what is its real purpose/use?

We in the forums have concluded that the Goddess of Sin, Velka, was the wife of Lord Gwyn and mother of the God of War, Gwynevere, Gwyndolin and even Priscilla the Crossbreed, although we think Priscilla's father is Seath the Scaleless. Who is the God of War? Is it Solaire?

I have tried to defeat the Everlasting Dragon in Ash Lake, can it be defeated? If so, how can I defeat it?

In a ring found in Lost Izalith, it says that the Witch had a son. Who is this son? Is it the Knight of Thorns, Kirk?

Thank you for your response.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant Empty Re: Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Wyrm is that response to your letter at the bottom or is that you replying to them?

also conatact FROM not namco, they're just distributers: http://www.fromsoftware.jp/en/inquiry/
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant Empty Re: Namco-Bandai's response to the Pendant

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 pm

The bottom with white letters was the email I sent them and the blue paragraph is their response.

Edit: I have also sent an email to FROM, but still no reply sad
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:02 pm

okay, well im gonna email From and Namco about the elite knight poise thing too, Ill tell you if from reply before you get a reply

also if there is a use, do not say what it is just in case people want to find it for themselves big grin
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:13 am

Ceaseless discharge is the son..... Well thats my understanding anyways.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 am

holy crap the blue letters gave me a headache, i couldnt read it.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am

RantFromRant wrote:holy crap the blue letters gave me a headache, i couldnt read it.

LOL I'll try to change it.

Edit: I can't change it!!!!! It's so blue!!!!!!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 am

The reader can highlight the blue text (using your mouse) and it'll become white and easier to read.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 am

I fixed the font. I hope it helps.

Also, their response is interesting. A little disappointing, but interesting.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 am

Let me drop by to say that Namco is clueless. The pendant is a From thing and if you want them to tell you what it is about you'll have to reach From itself.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 am

I agree with Fex, those guys are the ones you want the answer from.

However FROM probably wont come back to you about the pendant, they'll see it as in game help or something i reckon :|
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Bump.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Go to Japan, learn Japanese, then find one of FROM's lead team members and ask them.

big grin

Alas, hopefully they answer your email soon.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Email them in japanese? Google translate is very good at translating I hear...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 am