Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
omega Elf
Jansports
martyrsbrigade99
Gaxe
ROOSTER330
Tolvo
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
>Brave<
KomradDakka
ViralEnsign_
Carphil
Rudmed
swordiris
WyrmHero
PaPaSmVrf
Buggy Virus
Kirk-Barb
IV_Mark_VI
FruitPunchNinja
Spurgun
Rin
Juutas
passivefamiliar
28 posters

stunlocking. yay or nay?

passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

stunlocking. yay or nay? Empty stunlocking. yay or nay?

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok. First consider this. Invading someone for the purpose of invading, there are no rules. No honor. Just kill or be killed. But. When your waiting for a fight, obviously dueling. Or at the kiln or even the burg. Waiting. I feel there should be honor and fair play. So where does stunlocking fall? You can avoid it to a good degree, but i try not to stunlock. I even have a bkga build. I'll hit you twice, and roll away becuase i do not want to stunlock you. I feel its cheap. Opinions?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

stunlocking. yay or nay? Empty Re: stunlocking. yay or nay?

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Stunlock definitely falls into cheapest & easiest-gategory imo.
    It's ridiciliously easy to pull off and just supports that spam the R1 = victory that every housewife with MLGS has in mind when they do some PvP.
    Should be removed from the game, no attack should be instant kill.
    There is the toggle-trick to get out of it, but sometimes it just doesn't work.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Nay, nay, nay, nay grrr dam stunlockers make my teeth itch... i find it'a a no no in every way poist is a ok idea to give armour an extra meaning but its a bit rushed in my own opinion, i put stunlockers close to glitchers and laggers again in my own opinion, to me it is exploiting the hell out of something from overlooked... but at least thers a way to escape it... im ok with gs users but i just hate it when 3 heavy armoured ninja tanks flip at me with gs just swinging them blindly :|
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 pm

That´s why there is poise. But the whole poise system still needs work.
    I think stunlocking is fair, i do it a lot when i use a weapon suited for it. All you need to do to counter stunlocking is to have a shield up, and if they try to break your guard then you can parry them.
    How would you remove stunlocking from the game? I´m curious of how you do it successfully.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Its not cheap, but i sometimes do feel bad when i just stunlock a player to death. I usually msg them and try to explain toggling to them. I try my best. not to sound like a douche. i usually say something like "you might know about it already, but switching weapons right as you are hit during a stunlock allows you to roll away. Although it requires timing and doesn't always succeed."
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Spurgun wrote:That´s why there is poise. But the whole poise system still needs work.
    I think stunlocking is fair, i do it a lot when i use a weapon suited for it. All you need to do to counter stunlocking is to have a shield up, and if they try to break your guard then you can parry them.

@Juutas. How would you remove stunlocking from the game? I´m curious of how you do it successfully.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Disagree. Stunlocking is not cheap. Everyone is flipping around with those damn rings; get some poise, or learn how to parry.

The weapons that are good at stunlocking are also, usually, the slowest.

I've heard stories of stunlocking with Falcions but I've never seen/experienced it; my stunlocking is only with Greatweapons/ultra.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 pm

I have a question about stunlocking.
    When i buff a weapon it feels like it´s easier to stunlock with it. Is this true? does buffs increase the poise damage?
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Without stunlocking my opponents wouldn't spam R1 and I'd never get a parry/reposte. bounce
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 pm

yeh ninja tanks can be a pain but 1c u go fast roll u never go back winking i like the idea of poist even if my is on 0, 95% of the time but from realy failed to polish it up, i think it should be done like bleed so you see your poist on a bar and i think even light should give you poist... but yeh -dwgr -havels and de game would be so much better in the pvp parts
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Why would anyone use heavy weapons if you couldn't stunlock people.

Every attack from a greatsword or larger would immediately mean a backstab.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Like you said, invading is one thing, "the fastest gets the pray" as Shiva says, but when it comes to 1v1 dueling, you would think that honor is a top priority, and imo, stunlocking kinda sits on the fence. I think it all depends on what wep they are using. if their build is for the sole purpose of stunlock, then theres not much you can say about it, but if they only stunlock when they are loseing, then imo thats alittle cheap. dueling is not about whatever it takes to win, its about proving that you know what your doing with your character and dont have to be cheap about it.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 pm

It needs to be patched really, we shouldn't rely on the glitchy toggle escape to save our life. I use both nonetheless.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Poise system needs changed but If you have low poise, that's why you got stun locked. Not cheap in my opinion.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Spurgun wrote:I have a question about stunlocking.
    When i buff a weapon it feels like it´s easier to stunlock with it. Is this true? does buffs increase the poise damage?

No, I don't think it does. Otherwise I should be poise breaking people on 1 hit or something.

Honestly it is one of the few reasons to use greatswords or the slower weapons. Besides range, damage, and stunlocking they don't have much. The damage doesn't matter unless you acutally hit them, and the range doesn't matter if they can just roll fast and get out of it.

Kinda like sword said. If you wear light armour or have low poise because you lack heavy armor/ wolf ring then you have to expect getting stunned locked alot unless you dodge. Chances are you didn't put many points into endurance and instead went damage and surviability, and getting stunned locked easier is just the price you pay.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Maybe the problem is about the insane Greatswords speed? Claymore, bastard sword, Moonlight sword and Flamberge are way too fast for being "GREATswords". If they all had the same speed as Man serpent GS, probably we would not have this problem.

Is easy to stunlock with a Demons great machette, but they can also toggle escape and parry before you can land the second hit! If stunlocking will ever gonna be patched, they must remove toggle escape as well.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 am

I hate being stunlocked by a greatswords..... but the again everything stunlocks me as I have 0 poise..... it also feels a though its a bit of a gimmick to me.

I mean I could pick up a claymore and go to town on most people and just him them once then follow up again, and again, and again......
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:42 am

YAY- STRIKE THEM DOWN

KILL
    MAIM
    BURN

KILL
    MAIM
    BURN

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I dont even play Dark Souls anymore... I really need the PC edition to come out so i have good reason to come here other than off topic
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:11 am

If your stupid enough to get trapped in a stunlock cycle then you deserve to die. Simple as that.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 am

>Brave< wrote:If your stupid enough to get trapped in a stunlock cycle then you deserve to die. Simple as that.
    2 words: Phantom Range.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 am

Stunlocking would be fine if the DWGR didn't let you stack poise. Then you could be slow and avoid a lock or fast and vulnerable. Without the DWGR it's a well-balanced system. Stunlocking is an attribute of a weapon that offsets slowness and predictability. Besides, you can roll away after 3 GS hits, stunlocking is not instant death, it just allows for combos.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:42 am

I don't really care, I mean it's a jerkish thing to do to new/low level players. But that's more so just taking advantage of new people to the game. At higher level PvP though, I don't mind it as much, then again I do toggle out so that probably contributes.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:45 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Stunlocking would be fine if the DWGR didn't let you stack poise. Then you could be slow and avoid a lock or fast and vulnerable. Without the DWGR it's a well-balanced system. Stunlocking is an attribute of a weapon that offsets slowness and predictability. Besides, you can roll away after 3 GS hits, stunlocking is not instant death, it just allows for combos.

I'm not so sure about the 3 GS hit thing because I've been locked for 4 or 5 before the game acutally let me roll out (this was before I knew about the toggle.)
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:36 am

lol its ok till you get ganged or a laggy dude dose it i find it funny when i get stunned but the blade dosebt hit me :|
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:13 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Stunlocking would be fine if the DWGR didn't let you stack poise. Then you could be slow and avoid a lock or fast and vulnerable. Without the DWGR it's a well-balanced system. Stunlocking is an attribute of a weapon that offsets slowness and predictability. Besides, you can roll away after 3 GS hits, stunlocking is not instant death, it just allows for combos.

Totally agree. I two hand a ultragreatsword alot, and without poise and stunlock, there would be no use for the larger weapons whatsoever in pvp. I also always medium roll or do it with no poise occasionally (like doing naked invades), so its not like it lacks skill to win with a slow weapon attempting to stunlock. If the dwgr was gone or fixed (as stated above ), alot of the poise stacking stuff would be gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm