Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
JohnnyHarpoon
alexanderzubc
robsthedon
Spurgun
billy_bayonet
TheSorrowedMan
Jovias-86
Maoridragon
Federally
whitechikz11
WyrmHero
Reaperfan
rywhitty222
GrEeNgObLiN
Myztyrio
Jansports
Idoloni_Belli
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
mrbeckham87
Rin
DoughGuy
Heroez Blade
ithunktwice
RANT
FinPeku
Gaxe
31 posters

Fight Club: Roleplay (PS3) (360)

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Fight Club: Roleplay (PS3) (360) - Page 8 Empty Re: Fight Club: Roleplay (PS3) (360)

Post by WyrmHero Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:41 pm

YESSSSS LOL!!!!!!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Fight Club: Roleplay (PS3) (360) - Page 8 Empty Re: Fight Club: Roleplay (PS3) (360)

Post by Spurgun Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 pm

This is going to be fun.
    And to be extra annoying, i´m going to show up even though my build doesn´t qualify silly
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Lol ^.^ Spurgun the troll!
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Well i am glad to see more members are joining especially xbox members. Just remember people you can use a build even if someone else has it, but i agree with gaxe on the nito, priscilla, wavern thing.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 pm

@ gaxe

You might want to update the member list. We have more psn and some xbox players that want to join.

I also thought about changing my npc to leeroy or darkmoon knightess. Which do you think is better?
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Heroez Blade wrote:@ gaxe

You might want to update the member list. We have more psn and some xbox players that want to join.

I also thought about changing my npc to leeroy or darkmoon knightess. Which do you think is better?

Probably Leeroy he has WotG coming out of his *** lol.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 pm

@ gaxe

Yeah thats who i was probably going to pick anyway i just wanted your opinion. I am changing to leeroy than if you want to update the list.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:28 am

WAIT I WANNA RP PVP WHERE DO I SIGN UP
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:41 am

Just tell me or gaxe what system you are on and what npc you want to be and we will add you to the list. You can look at the npc reference list on the main page for help on deciding who to pick.

Btw thanks for joining.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 am

Yeah just fill out like a form kind of like this.

PSN/GT:

NPC:
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:44 am

Where on earth is Mallet...

You still havent signed me up for NITO
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:21 am

Jovias-86 wrote:Where on earth is Mallet...

Nito can not be used since there is no armor to represent Nito.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 am

PSN/JohnnyHarpoon

I'd be Anastacia or Domnhall...the only reason I
    hesitate is because I'm unsure as to what an Anastacia build would
    really be...but yeah, if anyone has some ideas or suggestions, that'd be
    cool. Otherwise, I'll see what I can't come up with realistically on
    my own, and decide on one or the other.

Also, could Wanderer,
    Thief, Bandit, Sorcerer, Pyro, Cleric, Warrior, Knight not all be valid
    plays? Just base sets? Or is it not NPC-y enough? In that case, at
    the very least include the Sorcerer, Knights, Cleric and Bandit in the
    woods (in addition to Pyro Laurentius). Also, Lautrec chills with a generic Warrior but with a twist.

Also, could somebody just play naked with the Demon Spear? big grin
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:PSN/JohnnyHarpoon

Also, could Wanderer,
    woods (in addition to Pyro Laurentius). Also, Lautrec chills with a generic Warrior but with a twist.

Gaxe said earlier that if your character doesn't have a legitimately known weapon then you would be allowed to put a dagger onto their build. The whole "what do we allow on these pacifist characters' builds" will have to be discussed though or else nobody will ever really pick Reah, Anastacia, or Dusk. Personally, I vote that they be allowed to dual-weild Caestus as weapons, with each character getting different spell types. Anastacia gets Pyromancies for being a Firekeeper, Dusk gets sorceries, and Reah gets miracles.

As for the starting classes, I'm more inclined to say that they are just that. They aren't NPCs as much as they are character classes. Cosplaying as one of them would basically be cosplaying as another player as opposed to a non-player character. Laurentius may just be a Pyromancer in terms of gear, but he has a fully fleshed-out character and personality to go along with it as opposed to the forest NPCs who may as well just be non-phantom invaders.

If Lautrec's warrior buddy is just a warrior, then technically so is Patches :|

And no...that's not really a cosplay lol!
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 am

Gaxe wrote:
    Jovias-86 wrote:Where on earth is Mallet...

Nito can not be used since there is no armor to represent Nito.

Cumon... I mixed and matched armor to make something like NITO...

He has Gravelord Sword, Sword Dance, Toxic Mist..
    I even gave him dark mask and all...

You must be kidding me man... NITO has his own weapon, miracle and I cant use him???

K this my build...
    http://tinyurl.com/8nylfyc
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah, I think something could be worked out for sure. I always imagined Anastacia having Miracles and Pyromancy, because she's just like a burnt-lookin maiden and so I made up her backstory that she was once a maiden who was then punished for secretly practicing pyromancy, or something to that accord. Also, Quelaan = Pyro, DM Knightess = Miracles, so meet in the middle and Miracle+Pyro (cause it's definitely not sorcery).

I'm not saying this because I really wanna build her that way, but just because, in my mind, that's what I'd always imagined. Another idea would be looking at where the characters are from...so, Anastacia would get Astora-themed things, Reah gets Thorolund stuffs, etc. Still, Reah doesn't really have any weapons even when she goes hollow, so your cestus idea seems quite validated there. Also, the division of magics seem pretty fair, whereas mine was more just imaginary.

And yeah, I was just curious about the starting class thing - I have a toon who is pretty much just a SL 120 Wanderer, so I figured it'd be easy, if nothing else. Patches would technically just be a Thief...but at least he is a character, whereas Lautrec's bro really isn't. I just figured I'd bring it up because I figured if we were doing Hollow Soldiers and Stone Knights and such, why not just allow the last couple straggler full-armor sets into this? But I guess it's technically not cosplay if you're just a starting toon.

And OK then, if I wanna be naked I guess I gotta Mildred it up.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm

@ jovias-86

I agree that nito and some other bosses would be a cool idea to the fight club but there is too much that we can not really varify as been used by these bosses. Your build looks good though so if anything you can always use the build for normal pvp.

I would just be on the safe side and pick an npc from the reference list on the main page. Atleast than you know exactly what the restrictions are and you can make a build to fit the requirments for the npc. Plus we said if you dont know the exact rings or weapons you can always use any ring and daggers for weapons.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm

I woud love to see Nito and other bosses and what you guys come up with..but it's just not cosplay. You wouldn't look "like" them. Jovias i'd just suggest being a Darkwraith. The only one NPC that is a boss that I think you could look somewhat like her is Priscilla.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:PSN/JohnnyHarpoon

Also, could Wanderer,

Welcome JohnnyHarpoon, Billy_bayonet, TheSorrowedMan, and alexanderzubc. Sorry I haven't updated the list in a while I didn't look at page 10 or 11 so I kind of missed of of you haha.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Jov. Do it like me and show up even if you´re build isn´t qualified, just to troll everyone.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Bed of Chaos:

-Dual wield chaos Great Scythes
    -Dual wield Great Clubs
    -Spam Fire Tempest/Chaos Storm
    -Spam Great Combustion
    -Tree-like armor (Havel's or stone maybe)
    -Be ridiculously annoying
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Jovias-86 wrote:Cumon... I mixed and matched armor to make something like NITO...

You must be kidding me man... NITO has his own weapon, miracle and I cant use him???

K this my build...

There are two types of cosplay. Let's name them Strict Cosplays and Interpretive Cosplays. Strict Cosplays leave little to the imagination in terms of gear because items required to make it work are literal and straight recreations of what the cosplayed NPC uses. Interpretive cosplays are more varied, that take player understanding of what an NPC looks like and what they use and combining armor and weapons to make your character resemble those things. In the end it comes down to clarity in the fact of what a cosplay is or isn't.

While a Strict Cosplay has little in terms of variance outside of the player's stat spread, it's very difficult to deny when a player is cosplaying with a Strict Cosplay. Interpretive cosplays, however, are not so well defined. The armor choice is only made to resemble the cosplay as much as possible, but since actual armor for the cosplay doesn't exist, it is possible that the opponent won't recognize it as a cosplay. Typically the only thing that solidifies it as a cosplay is the weapon and/or the spells, but even those are open to interpretation since the fact that the build is trying to be a cosplay hasn't really solidified itself in the mind of the opponent.

Tell me, what is this build trying to cosplay? Now how about this build? The first one is easily understood that the goal is to be an NPC. The second one is not so clear. Sure, you'll probably be able to figure it out, but it takes thought and a bit of time, and without the weapon choice and having already been told that it's a cosplay some might not even consider the fact that it's trying to cosplay and just take it as a preferred mix-n-match armor set.

It's definitely fun to try and sculpt an NPC that can't normally be made, but in a "battle of the NPCs" we can't really afford to have to guess at what the NPC is or what defines it.

TL;DR: Cosplaying is most understood when the player becomes the NPC, not just resembles the NPC.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 pm

But there aren´t any dragon NPC, they´re all dead corpses in ash lake sad
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 am

Heroez Blade wrote:@ jovias-86

I agree that nito and some other bosses would be a cool idea to the fight club but there is too much that we can not really varify as been used by these bosses. Your build looks good though so if anything you can always use the build for normal pvp.

I would just be on the safe side and pick an npc from the reference list on the main page. Atleast than you know exactly what the restrictions are and you can make a build to fit the requirments for the npc. Plus we said if you dont know the exact rings or weapons you can always use any ring and daggers for weapons.

Hey Heroez... I actually planned this build before even reading the Cosplay FC...
    And Yesss I will use him as NITO for normal PVP... That was the whole point winking
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:42 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Jovias-86 wrote:Cumon... I mixed and matched armor to make something like NITO...

K this my build...

There are two types of cosplay. Let's name them Strict Cosplays and Interpretive Cosplays. Strict Cosplays leave little to the imagination in terms of gear because items required to make it work are literal and straight recreations of what the cosplayed NPC uses. Interpretive cosplays are more varied, that take player understanding of what an NPC looks like and what they use and combining armor and weapons to make your character resemble those things. In the end it comes down to clarity in the fact of what a cosplay is or isn't.

While a Strict Cosplay has little in terms of variance outside of the player's stat spread, it's very difficult to deny when a player is cosplaying with a Strict Cosplay. Interpretive cosplays, however, are not so well defined. The armor choice is only made to resemble the cosplay as much as possible, but since actual armor for the cosplay doesn't exist, it is possible that the opponent won't recognize it as a cosplay. Typically the only thing that solidifies it as a cosplay is the weapon and/or the spells, but even those are open to interpretation since the fact that the build is trying to be a cosplay hasn't really solidified itself in the mind of the opponent.

Tell me, what is this build trying to cosplay? Now how about this build? The first one is easily understood that the goal is to be an NPC. The second one is not so clear. Sure, you'll probably be able to figure it out, but it takes thought and a bit of time, and without the weapon choice and having already been told that it's a cosplay some might not even consider the fact that it's trying to cosplay and just take it as a preferred mix-n-match armor set.

It's definitely fun to try and sculpt an NPC that can't normally be made, but in a "battle of the NPCs" we can't really afford to have to guess at what the NPC is or what defines it.

TL;DR: Cosplaying is most understood when the player becomes the NPC, not just resembles the NPC.

Yeah Reaper... Even though your links wont open here.. .I get what you are trying to convey...
    This build wasnt planned for this FC so its not that big an issue...
    On a side note... Did you like the build? I wanted to PM you the build earlier too winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 am