Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Tolvo
Rynn
reim0027
DarkW17
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Phoenix Rising
ICEFANG
Carphil
DamageCK
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
swordiris
DoughGuy
Gaxe
18 posters

Forest PVP - Absolutely horrible

nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Forest PVP - Absolutely horrible - Page 3 Empty Re: Forest PVP - Absolutely horrible

Post by nsane32 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 am

my favorite strategy is to get them on the Avena bridge forcing a 1v1 ah how I love to see them roll backwards only to get stuck on their companions
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Forest PVP - Absolutely horrible - Page 3 Empty Re: Forest PVP - Absolutely horrible

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:59 am

My favorite is still letting them chase "skared lil' ol' me" through the woods until they find out there's at least half a dozen trees surrounding them. As they panic and spam WoG they figure out just how far away those branches can hit you from. This is basically a hate crime on my part.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm

yes nothing better than to see gankers panic and run
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:02 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:My favorite is still letting them chase "skared lil' ol' me" through the woods until they find out there's at least half a dozen trees surrounding them. As they panic and spam WoG they figure out just how far away those branches can hit you from. This is basically a hate crime on my part.
    My favorite is picking up a long spear, poking them for 100 damage a blow while they can't reach me to kill me, and just peppering them with damage until another phantom shows up... then suddenly backstabbing them for 1300 damage.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Lol......that does sound pretty good. My primary weapon, the Great Scythe is similar to what you said Rynn but I don't backstab well and the hits do more damage. I love a great sword user swinging at me and you can almost see them thinking, "I missed so clearly I am out of his range as well....ha ha ha.....WHAT?!?"

Also kinda similar, I did a Priscilla's dagger night to learn a new weapon as a backup. I won't go into too many details but I will say that initial courage in the face of a slice doing less than 100 damage turns to panic quickly. Just as quickly as the knife can slice them incidentally.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:12 pm

I used to love to the bridge trick Nsane...they just line up to die for ya!

With my battle mage I would quickly run to the far side of the bridge and switch to bellowing and the crown with 50INT and nail all 3 of them with a few CSS...it was soooooo funny how many people used to put a shield(besides crest) up to block a CSS!!!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 pm

i decided to join the fh's again just to see how the ganking situation was... same as always... got a darkmoon knightess and ornstein, decided to kill the phantom and went to town with quelaags fury sword twohanded, the host burned through all their flasks as i buzz sawed the phantom and the phantom still died, during which i made the hosts bs attempts fail twice till he finally managed to land a hit with his scythe halberd that killed me...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 pm

I forest hunted at about 70 last night with my Mura - a quickly designed test build. I love the Mura, but I'm still an idiot. I go in charging. Several times, I went between the host and his phantom - guess how well that turned out.

The Mura isn't a weapon you trade hits with, since it is slower than kats, heavy (so poise is harder to come by), and gets flattened/stunlocked with ultra greatswords.

I've got to learn to separate, or at the very least go to the outside of the duo. That being said, I won a lot of my fights last night.

I've got to learn to counter BS and chain BS better too.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:14 pm

In the right hands that fury sword can be a beast...my sl 80 host is in NG+ and the NPC's have huge HP....its always a mad dash to kill them all so I just pull out the fury sword and literally burn through them!

I am all about fighting 2 people at once hell that's why I am hosting solo in the 1st place...but I actually had some great duels last night...I had several hunters wait there turn...it probably helps that I drop a slab for any hunter who will actually wait and watch...then the next time they remember me and wait there turn again silly

Its funny how some hunters react to a solo host...I can tell they are shocked and on edge waiting to get rushed and ganked....then eventually they realize I am all by myself and come up and bow...some just come rushing in and go to town drop a power within buff SLB high soul lvl of course...dude I'm lvl 80 with 40 poise and a damn chaos blade take it easy lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Haha! I was one of those confused at one host people. I saw one host, I was approaching slow, listening, and turning my camera a lot.

So, you are hosting at 80? We may run into each other, as I'm hunting at 74ish. I look forward to that. twisted twisted
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 pm

reim0027 wrote:I forest hunted at about 70 last night with my Mura - a quickly designed test build. I love the Mura, but I'm still an idiot. I go in charging. Several times, I went between the host and his phantom - guess how well that turned out.

The Mura isn't a weapon you trade hits with, since it is slower than kats, heavy (so poise is harder to come by), and gets flattened/stunlocked with ultra greatswords.

I've got to learn to separate, or at the very least go to the outside of the duo. That being said, I won a lot of my fights last night.

I've got to learn to counter BS and chain BS better too.

Lol was that you who smoked me with a Mura lastnight Reim...kidding it wasn't but they only guy I lost 2 a couple times was using one....damn I hate fighting against a Mura!

I want you to invade me Reim lol that would be to funny! After schooling me in FC with your parrying skillz and teaching me to be a more sneaky fighter the least I can do is teach you to counter and chain BS fool gankers dude lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 pm

One handed R2, the beast.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

DW - that's be great. 2 very helpful techniques for the Forest.

Tolvo, I've gotta do more of those 1H R2. I'm still learning to Dead Angle (getting good at doing chains now).

I've really got to learn to fight locked off. I'm too used to seeing everything from a locked on point of view (in other words, everything my opponent is doing) instead of glimpses. Ironically, I'm getting BS more often while unlocked.

EDIT: maybe we should continue this conversation in the Alvina thread, and stop hijacking Gaxe's thread.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:33 pm

The one handed R1 is great, think of it like the LH Shythe's 2h R2.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Yes yes Reim we have hijacked the poor guys thread enough...now get your butt over to the Alvina thread so I can tell you how to kill everyone properly with a Mura silly
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:47 pm

I found that doing things like bringing talismans to throw at the host is almost pointless, they all have devine blesssings. They have also gotten a lot smarter at not letting you seperate them. I did a mini rant in another post, and i got the replys like it was my first time in the forest. It especially sucks when its two mom giants and they have a third dragon body with a bow hidden. Every single time i thought i had a chance a dragon body phantom ran up and one shot me.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Lol dang that's a lot of posts for one night silly and idc hijack my threads all you want I like to read what you guys are talking about when i wake up haha.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Haha oh the fury sword. I was invading in black iron armour. Found a solo ganker (I had killed them before) with the fury sword. Ran up to me and I just sttod there as they hit me 4 times doing little damage. 3 swings of my MSGS later they were dead. I laughed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm