Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!!

joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!! Empty Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!!

Post by joemann Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 pm

There is one reason and ONE reason why I love this game so much: what I like to call the CRINGE factor!
    Most games I play when I make a mistake I don't get mad. I just shrug my shoulders and carry on as though nothing happened.
    However, in Dark Souls when I make a mistake I literally CRINGE! You know that hunch your shoulders, suck in your breath, say something like "I can't believe I just did that" kind of CRINGE.
    Dark Souls is the first game in probably about 10 years that I seriously CRINGE when I make a mistake b/c I know the consequences are so huge. Consequences like getting stun-locked by the hollows in the Parish, or you just start to cast a spell when the Moonlight Butterfly zings you with one of hers and kills you, or you hit the attack button and realize it was a half second too soon and "YOU DIED" appears on the screen.
    The game 10 years ago that made me CRINGE was Thief: The Dark Project, especially the Return to the Cathedral level; God that level was scary the first 3-4 times I went.
    Here's a link to that level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahs6OCkfZM4
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!! Empty Re: Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:20 pm

It's not really "cringe-worthy" for me for it's about those face palm moments; like when I'm rushing it down the Capra steps in the Demon Ruins and I'm running full-tilt and I forget there's a hole in the stairs and I fall a long way a lá our boy Ceaseless Discharge. Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!! 2707236321
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!! Empty Re: Why I absolutely love this awesome game!!!

Post by GrinTwist Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:04 am

I don't really cringe when I die in the game, it's not so much as dying in the game that makes you lose but quitting the game overall so dying doesn't really matter. Although I can say I've had some serious facepalm moments when I'm playing the game.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 pm

I know EXACTLY what he means... I was helping someone with dat chaos witch, and as she kissed the spider head to do her AOE I thought I could stun her with Lucern's sprinting attack, which I've done many times... But I forgot to backstep and just hit R1.... I cringed as I waited that loooooong couple seconds as I got one shotted by it.. =/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am