Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Bloodios
Federally
joeclone
VinheimProfessor
TheBigLebowski
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
callipygias
dancash1808
Pesth
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
mickyplankton
16 posters

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Post by Federally Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:04 am

Fat = old overweight Ps3, slim = new skinny sexy Ps3
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Post by Eolan Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 am

Installing to 360 hd fixes allot of the drastic chugs, but generally it is too large a space to run completely cleanly.

They f'd up because noone really looks up, but they rendered an intricate and large ceiling/roots system which is unnoticed by almost everyone. If you stay looking at your feet it doesnt chug but if you transition from looking skyward, then down, it gets a bit sloppy. I didn't really have much trouble with it though, i think some people are reacting to the frustrations of those **** little toxic blow dart guys... happy

I recently played on ps3 and i have to say its a far worse looking game on that system, i don't know why it just looks like things don't mesh together very well. The player models are more detailed but the lighting effects and the wall textures are in tatters allot. I wonder if my friend just had a few scratches on his disk or something but i was very disappointed.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 am

Eolan wrote:Installing to 360 hd fixes allot of the drastic chugs, but generally it is too large a space to run completely cleanly.

They f'd up because noone really looks up, but they rendered an intricate and large ceiling/roots system which is unnoticed by almost everyone. If you stay looking at your feet it doesnt chug but if you transition from looking skyward, then down, it gets a bit sloppy. I didn't really have much trouble with it though, i think some people are reacting to the frustrations of those **** little toxic blow dart guys... happy

I recently played on ps3 and i have to say its a far worse looking game on that system, i don't know why it just looks like things don't mesh together very well. The player models are more detailed but the lighting effects and the wall textures are in tatters allot. I wonder if my friend just had a few scratches on his disk or something but i was very disappointed.

So you saying Xbox>Ps3 for Dark Souls?

Yeah it does lag a tad when looking up to the roof entrance from The Depths.. but even that was not bad.. I thought it would be a lot worse..

the funny thing about DS is that I nearly never bought it as it was "supposedly" 4 times harder than Demons Souls which I beat completely blind.. Its way better and way cooler!
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am

Just going from my experience id say it looks allot better on xbox. Looks more finished if you understand? Less tearing and less pop in etc...

But as i said it could be that his ps3/disk is/are in a bad way... happy
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 am

hmm.. thats unfortunate to hear.. depressing actually.. wish I now had an Xbox just for Dark Souls.... silly
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:39 am

Eolan wrote:Just going from my experience id say it looks allot better on xbox. Looks more finished if you understand? Less tearing and less pop in etc...

But as i said it could be that his ps3/disk is/are in a bad way... happy

Yeah that sounds like your friends Ps3 is struggling there, as its fine on mine. I only see pop in if I purposefully create the exact situation in which I can force it to occur, the rest just looks normal like any other time I've seen the game. I get the feeling your friend's Ps3 needs some dust sucked out of it so it will cool down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm