Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Post by Federally on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:04 am

Fat = old overweight Ps3, slim = new skinny sexy Ps3

Obsessed

Post by Eolan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 am

Installing to 360 hd fixes allot of the drastic chugs, but generally it is too large a space to run completely cleanly.

They f'd up because noone really looks up, but they rendered an intricate and large ceiling/roots system which is unnoticed by almost everyone. If you stay looking at your feet it doesnt chug but if you transition from looking skyward, then down, it gets a bit sloppy. I didn't really have much trouble with it though, i think some people are reacting to the frustrations of those **** little toxic blow dart guys... happy

I recently played on ps3 and i have to say its a far worse looking game on that system, i don't know why it just looks like things don't mesh together very well. The player models are more detailed but the lighting effects and the wall textures are in tatters allot. I wonder if my friend just had a few scratches on his disk or something but i was very disappointed.

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 am

Eolan wrote:Installing to 360 hd fixes allot of the drastic chugs, but generally it is too large a space to run completely cleanly.

They f'd up because noone really looks up, but they rendered an intricate and large ceiling/roots system which is unnoticed by almost everyone. If you stay looking at your feet it doesnt chug but if you transition from looking skyward, then down, it gets a bit sloppy. I didn't really have much trouble with it though, i think some people are reacting to the frustrations of those **** little toxic blow dart guys... happy

I recently played on ps3 and i have to say its a far worse looking game on that system, i don't know why it just looks like things don't mesh together very well. The player models are more detailed but the lighting effects and the wall textures are in tatters allot. I wonder if my friend just had a few scratches on his disk or something but i was very disappointed.

So you saying Xbox>Ps3 for Dark Souls?

Yeah it does lag a tad when looking up to the roof entrance from The Depths.. but even that was not bad.. I thought it would be a lot worse..

the funny thing about DS is that I nearly never bought it as it was "supposedly" 4 times harder than Demons Souls which I beat completely blind.. Its way better and way cooler!
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am

Just going from my experience id say it looks allot better on xbox. Looks more finished if you understand? Less tearing and less pop in etc...

But as i said it could be that his ps3/disk is/are in a bad way... happy

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 am

hmm.. thats unfortunate to hear.. depressing actually.. wish I now had an Xbox just for Dark Souls.... silly
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:39 am

Eolan wrote:Just going from my experience id say it looks allot better on xbox. Looks more finished if you understand? Less tearing and less pop in etc...

But as i said it could be that his ps3/disk is/are in a bad way... happy

Yeah that sounds like your friends Ps3 is struggling there, as its fine on mine. I only see pop in if I purposefully create the exact situation in which I can force it to occur, the rest just looks normal like any other time I've seen the game. I get the feeling your friend's Ps3 needs some dust sucked out of it so it will cool down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:58 am