Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Bloodios
Federally
joeclone
VinheimProfessor
TheBigLebowski
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
callipygias
dancash1808
Pesth
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
mickyplankton
16 posters

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

mickyplankton

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag? Empty Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Post by mickyplankton Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Just seems petty to me. I have a PS3 and whilst the lag is noticable, it doesnt detract from the gameplay hardly at all. Its not as if there is much PVP going on there. I could understand if it was a big PVP area.

Is the lag much worse on the Xbox? or is it just that it is the only obvious blemish in an otherwise perfect game?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag? Empty Re: Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:51 pm

I've actually never noticed lag at all on my fatty PS3.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag? Empty Re: Why do so many people complain about the Blight Town lag?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

The frame rate goes to ****
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 pm

in the xbox the swamp area is laggy as hell, but if you install the game to your HD it becomes way less anoying
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:23 pm

I have my game installed to hard drive. that area is still a complete cluster****
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Waaaay worse on Xbox. Actually, I'm not sure if it's worse or if it's because the rest of the game (with a couple slight exceptions) runs so much smoother on XBox than PS3. My PS3 has slight frame-rate issues all over the place, so it might be that it's just less noticeable on that system because it's more widespread.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 pm

people don't like it when they have trouble seeing the rabid face eating naked guy sneaking up behind them because of frame rate issues and character response lag caused by said frame rate issues.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 pm

I have a fat ps3 and no framerate issues AT ALL in that area. What are people talking about lol.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 pm

That's what I said earlier. I seriously have never had so much as one skip that was noticeable there.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Weird, I thought it was universal. I think it's been commented on in every playthrough I've watched on Youtube. I would love to have a smooth Blighttown.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:33 am

Where is it worst? Maybe I should go look again
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:39 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Where is it worst? Maybe I should go look again

Usually it's worse for me in the swamp. Especially in the area with the Wanderer gear. I feel like there's so much going on there with the endlessly respawning mosquitoes, fire-breathing mud-bugs, toxic blowdart dudes, poison AND toxic bars building up, etc... That the game kind of gets overwhelmed so it really gets to chugging hardcore for me there.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 am

That's what I figured. Need to visit again. Don't recall any problems any time I was there
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:13 am

I have an Xbox 360, original white box, with the game installed to the hard disc. I've never had problems in Blight Town, even though I kept expecting to encounter some. I do limit my play time to 2 hours max, so maybe it has to do with the system not over-heating or rebooting the system more often than others.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:14 am

in the other hand, i never seen a case of corrupt save file in xbox
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:28 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I've actually never noticed lag at all on my fatty PS3.

^ this

the fan stays on constantly though but it's like 100 degrees here latley so i just blame that on summer.

actually one time when climbing the latters above the wheel of death and i had 5 mosquithos following me it slowed down for a second but thats it

Last edited by joeclone on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:11 pm

My slim Ps3 handles Blighttown well. The swamp is perfectly smooth and there is only very rare framerate drops in very particular areas of upper bttown if there are enemies present and I'm surrounded by the wood structure. I had heard a lot about frame rate issues in bttown before getting the game and was surprised when it turned out to be a complete non issue.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Well, I say chalk this one up to standard glitch operating procedures. Hits enough people percentage wise to be common but not universal.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:03 am

Blight Town is a joke compared to the Valley of Defilement (especially right after the Leechmonger Archstone)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:14 am

There were problems there too?
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 am

Yeah, immediately after my character set foot in those swamps, there were several instances where the game drastically slowed down. I do admit that I've never found the issue to be game-breaking, just irritating is all. The Valley of Defilement is especially annoying since it's dark and my character simply can't run fast enough before my impatience gets the best of me.

That aside, I happened to find that certain camera angles can influence how severe the slow-down is going to be. There won't any noticeable difference while the character is trudging through those swamps though.

You're lucky to have never noticed any of that.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 am

Some of you may have noticed the lag "frame rate drop" seems to happen when you are near a ladder wirh a tourch or flame.
    I know From tryed to exsplain why rhis was the case but in all honesty I can not remember,I will try and find tje link to this info
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 am

Blightown never lags for me anymore... but it was HELL the first time I ever went down there, it never stopped lagging, and I'll never forget that. My framerate dropped to a consistant 6-8 per second.

Didn't from add a patch that helped with that stuff though?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

Rynn wrote:Didn't from add a patch that helped with that stuff though?

It's possible, it doesn't seem to be as bad now as it once was.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 am

1) what is a FAT Ps3? excuse my ignorance
    2) I have a SLIM (oh, is that the newer one vs the older one or what) Ps3 and I must say that the framerate issues are not bad in the slightest, if I noticed it once or twice after going there over a hundred times to farm shards etc then its a lot!

Some other places which I cannot recall right now were way worse...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm