Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Jansports
swordiris
Leeroy_Jenkins
WyrmHero
rywhitty222
FruitPunchNinja
ViralEnsign_
techno_viking
kazumoshi
GrEeNgObLiN
Gaxe
RANT
billy_bayonet
CaptanSpudsy
TehInfamousAmos
ROOSTER330
20 posters

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND - Page 2 Empty Re: PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 am

I did a suicide run to blighttown for the iato, was a serious pain, but fun at the same time. If everyone that can bb glitches to make one, all good with me! More samurai and ninja the better!
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND - Page 2 Empty Re: PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 am

Updated! Changed some things around, still restrictive but much less than before. Should be interesting and maybe bring in more people. Im sure everyone will have a problem with something so lay it on me! happy
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 am

Also, anyone interested, I'm considering banning certain rings for the sake of this tournament. The ring of favor? Hornets ring? I will leave this all up to the players that join.

Btw, if you havnt, check out the new rules/guidlines etc.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm

So no Mura?
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm

I was on the fence about the Mura and the Server....if you would want to use it, I could be cool with that
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:14 pm

I really like the changes you made, im in. Not sure what i will pick ninja or samurai, which is a good sign cause it means you made the rules balanced fairly.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:32 pm

hmm actually idk ninjas are pretty powerful lol, i know some people will have trouble with 0poise but if you can get passed that they are a lot more powerful then samurais. I like the whole ninjas using poison idea, but you might wanna just not allow poison items. A ninja with a winged spear and composite bow with rotten arrows will be the most viable. Plus dwgr allows you to carry a lot more weight ext.

I don't know, food for thought. I also like the idea of non conventional tournaments. It's actually kinda lame so many players are afraid to leave their easy mode builds to join in on stuff like this. So many people out there that just refuse to fight without dwgr and 53-76 poise.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Ok well I have one problem. You didn't put a weapon resctriction on ninjas :L. How about Samurais can only use katanas and ninja can only use daggers and bows? And -.- Ninjas will just be fishing for BS -.-
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

They wont need to Gaxe. Ninjas can just flip around and poke with the winged spear. Heres the two builds i made, its easy to see which has more potential. Although i have loved roleplaying as the blind swordsman character i made, so a lvl25 samurai version of him sounds awesome. With the ninja i didnt even need to lvl up end, so i could pump vit and i still had tons of equip weight left.

http://tinyurl.com/cr94jkm Samurai
    http://tinyurl.com/bufn5m7 Ninja Ninja
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm

What if samurais were allowed to use power within?
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:51 pm

I thought about making ninja unable to use spears and katana, but thought it would be too unbalanced.... if im including mura and server, maybe they are exclusive to samurai insteasd? Or maybe spears And mura and server are samurai only?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

I would certainly say that ninjas cant use the mura or server(even though i doubt many will). I think spears are very fitting for ninjas, although katanas and daggers only would be more balanced. I really think you should allow samurais power within if ninjas get poison. Power within actually really works with the whole samurai feel, in my opinion.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Power within is def debatable. Would like to hear what others think about it, but I can see samurai using a sort of "bushido" within happy.

And agree, only mura and server will be samurai only.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Still need more input in spears, samurai only to keep balance, or fitting for both?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:05 pm

If its SL 120 Im in as I just made a Samurai build anyway... well its more a Kirito cosplay but a 40/40/40/40 build is never want for options.....

Im in as a .......(gimme a sec to read the op then ill edit this post)
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:08 pm

It's SL 25, which i think is a good idea. If you needed, or anyone else for that matter, some weapons/armor i can supply them.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Sorry but i'm not making another SL120 character legit since i don't use the BB glitch (yet rofl)
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm

* SL 25
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm

its SL25 and am i right in thinking its Base weapons no upgrading them?
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Samurai

Weapons: Any weapon they so choose.

Armor: Light to Medium armor

Ring: Any ring except DWGR

Spells: Power Within

Items: Green Blossom

Ninja

Weapons: Any weapon that weighs less than 6.0 LB

Armor: Light Armor

Ring: Any ring except RoFaP

Spells: Toxic/Poison Spells

Items: Throwing Knives/Toxic Items

That's just what I think would be even :3
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:19 pm

@gaxe,......i like it. Close to what i have, but i like the weight limit for weapons on ninja. happy. Assuming everyone agrees with it, that sorta solves the spear argument too, assuming everyone thinks its fair.

Last edited by ROOSTER330 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:19 pm

eh, i thought ninjas not having rofap seemed fair too but really theres no way to tell if someone is using it. Unless we knew their stats ext. Also samurais using any weapon means any of the allowed weapons, right?
    I think maybe Having it same rules, just samurais can be sl30 and use power within.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes any of the allowed weapons for samurai,

@billy, +5 weapons regular upgrade, no upgrades for armor
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:24 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:eh, i thought ninjas not having rofap seemed fair too but really theres no way to tell if someone is using it. Unless we knew their stats ext. Also samurais using any weapon means any of the allowed weapons, right?
    I think maybe Having it same rules, just samurais can be sl30 and use power within.

Yes the weapons when I said "Any weapons they want" means from that list.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

I WANNA DO THIS NOW....RIGHT NOW ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i think base weapons would be better, the fights would last longer and itd be alot more entertaining

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 pm