Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
SlakeMoth
billy_bayonet
darkREPRISAL
Doelker
bmurn
isthefridge
Jovias-86
TehInfamousAmos
Federally
BackwardsBaboon
Gazman0169
15 posters

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself? - Page 2 Empty Re: Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

Post by bmurn Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 pm

darkREPRISAL wrote:I hopped on last night at about 8pm....you know, one of them "I will just have an hour or so" type sessions....next thing, -blam!- it's 1.30am, PvP'ing in Undead Burg had seen normal space time continuum get all squished....

Hilarious. It works this way for me too. I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a quick one hour session. There is only an undefined amount of time that will only be complete when you suddenly realize that you will be in trouble with the wife for staying up too late. Normally, I can't get on until around 10pm, which makes midnight roll around mighty quickly. Typically I will look at the clock and it is around 11pm so I will think to myself "OK time to start winding down." Then one of two things happens:

1. I lose a PVP match or to a boss, or to a random mob. I don't want to end on a bad note/lose my bloodstain. So one more PVP match/run and get the bloodstain.

2. I win a PVP match or beat a boss. I don't want to waste the momentum I have creted. So one more PVP match/advance just a little bit more in PVE.

Lather, wash, rinse, repeat. Look at clock. What happened to the last hour?

I guess they do warn us that time in Lordan is distorted...

Last edited by bmurn on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make better use of the English language)
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself? - Page 2 Empty Re: Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

Post by darkREPRISAL Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Great summary bmurn - spot on mate!
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm

I have an interview for a new job tomorrow I need to be fresh. No Dark souls for me tonight and thats final.

On second thoughts lol
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I forget to eat sometimes especailly on long winded playthroughs during weekends. I find myself eating at odd hrs of the day or @ 2 in the morning for example. My roomate is scared to pick up the game b/c of this...
    LarsHimself
    LarsHimself

Post by LarsHimself Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:07 pm

I went to bed at 6 am and woke up at 8:45... I finished playing Mass Effect 1 at 4 am and thought two hours of dark souls wouldn't hurt happy Coffee and an energy drink and I feel great! Can't wait to do it all over again.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 pm

This game really does steal your free time. I think a big part of it is that you cant pause. It forces you to create time to play the game with no interruptions. Plus obviously how amazing and addictive it is silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:25 pm