Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
SlakeMoth
billy_bayonet
darkREPRISAL
Doelker
bmurn
isthefridge
Jovias-86
TehInfamousAmos
Federally
BackwardsBaboon
Gazman0169
15 posters

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself? Empty Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 am

This game is really beginning to f***-me-over! Time to scale it back a bit, and start living more in the real World. 🇳🇴
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself? Empty Re: Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 am

Five hours sleep...that's plenty! Sounds like you've got your gaming habits well under control!

A good breakfast and a hearty dose of caffeine and you'll be good to go!
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself? Empty Re: Less than five hours sleep, why do I do it to myself?

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:48 am

Not when you've got work at either end it's not. lol
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 am

Real World? I'm fairly certain Dark Souls is just as, if not more so, real then dreaming. So stay away from sleep and play more DkS.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 am

Trust me Gaz, I know...I'm currently in my last hour of a 12 hour night shift, and I'm running on 5 hours sleep, which is about my average!

Listen to Fed, he speaks words of wisdom!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:20 am

Gaz, I tend to not sleep for 2 days in a row then have a 8 hour sleeping day
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 am

Im running at 6 atm... Its plenty happy
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 am

It's alright for you young whippersnappers, but us old farts need our rest or we tend to get really crodgedy! lol
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 am

This made me smile big grin b/c now i know im not the only one running of 5or less hrs of sleepeveryday because of this game.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 am

Gaz, here is another fun thought to help you out. Every once in a while look at the hours you have logged in the game and divide by 40 (or whatever you average per week for work) to see how many equivalent work weeks you have invested. It may show you that you have basically taken on a second job that you don't get paid for. That Sucks. big grin
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 am

No doubt, but at least I enjoy working my way through DkS, which is a lot more than can be said for what I am doing at this moment in time! lol
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 am

I get to sleep 5 hours as well. Which is just fine. The only reasson I sleep 5 hours is because I impose myself to quit playing at certain time.
    If not I would be sleeping less hours per day.
    And when I'm at work, I' m only thinking about going back to my real world in Lordran...
    Since DkS came out, my life changed. And I love it.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:59 am

And you say Gaz... I really enjoy working on my builds too.
    My real job with real persons can get really annoying sometimes that I thank god I'm being paid for that.
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Post by darkREPRISAL Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:10 pm

I hopped on last night at about 8pm....you know, one of them "I will just have an hour or so" type sessions....next thing, -blam!- it's 1.30am, PvP'ing in Undead Burg had seen normal space time continuum get all squished....

...normally I get up about 6.30am with daughter 2, but this morning she thought she'd move the goalposts and do a 4am start :pale: 2.5 hours sleep later and I'm in a foul mood at work today!! :evil:

Still, won't stop me having a sneaky hour or so tonight...
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 pm

darkREPRISAL wrote:I hopped on last night at about 8pm....you know, one of them "I will just have an hour or so" type sessions....next thing, -blam!- it's 1.30am, PvP'ing in Undead Burg had seen normal space time continuum get all squished....

...normally I get up about 6.30am with daughter 2, but this morning she thought she'd move the goalposts and do a 4am start :pale: 2.5 hours sleep later and I'm in a foul mood at work today!! :evil:

This is what I do all the time! Then my wife yells when she wants to do something and I say "sorry bed time!"
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 pm

i go to sleep at about 3-4am and wake bout 1 pm next day winking
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Yep, this game can certainly make a monkey out of you!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:i go to sleep at about 3-4am and wake bout 1 pm next day winking

That's because you're a child with no responsibility!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 pm

im 23!!! lolls 3 years younger then you
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Post by darkREPRISAL Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Federally wrote:
    darkREPRISAL wrote:I hopped on last night at about 8pm....you know, one of them "I will just have an hour or so" type sessions....next thing, -blam!- it's 1.30am, PvP'ing in Undead Burg had seen normal space time continuum get all squished....

This is what I do all the time! Then my wife yells when she wants to do something and I say "sorry bed time!"

Haha, too true. Or, when she's making me watch some naff TV programmes involving some celebrities I've never heard of, I fall asleep about 9pm on the sofa, and she goes mental!! "You wouldn't be falling asleep if you were off playing Dark Souls" - haha!!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:im 23!!! lolls 3 years younger then you

Yes but we are decades apart in maturity and responsibilty! silly (sticking my virtual tongue out is very adult!)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:20 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Yep, this game can certainly make a monkey out of you!

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:22 pm

darkREPRISAL wrote:
    Federally wrote:

Haha, too true. Or, when she's making me watch some naff TV programmes involving some celebrities I've never heard of, I fall asleep about 9pm on the sofa, and she goes mental!! "You wouldn't be falling asleep if you were off playing Dark Souls" - haha!!

I swear we're married to the same woman.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

its ok i may quit my job soon, just to get something abit more structured
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Well having responsabilities kind of sucks too. I'm not married nor have any kids, but I have a lot of bills to pay including my rent.
    Sometimes I'm having so much fun that I think to myself "I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I want to keep storming Lordran twisted "
    But then is this other voice telling me: "Shut it down and go to sleep"
    And I'm like: Ok, ok... One more summon and that's it :roll: "

Last edited by Doelker on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm