Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DamageCK
Carphil
WyrmHero
roanispe
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
10 posters

So I'm thinking of becoming overpowered.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I'm thinking of becoming overpowered. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I'm thinking of becoming overpowered.

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am

Daggers take a hilariously small amount of Stamina to swing. I can swing it like 11 times with what I have.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I'm thinking of becoming overpowered. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I'm thinking of becoming overpowered.

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:50 am

Really? I figured 400 ish a hit would be about right at 50 faith with maxed dmb. even at 40 faith (191 mag adjust) its 191x2.1. Thats 401 damage just from the buff, before their defense of course. if I remember right, 50 is 226x2.1 which is 574 all magic, before defense. Add the 264 physical of the dagger and considered that a % of the ar always gets through and 400 is about right, its what my iaito hits for with a total ar of 821, 401 magic, 420 physical. If anything the increasing returns on ar should mean the dagger hits slightly harder with its 838 ar being split heavily magic.

I'd guess its that your buff is still rank 1 at 1.8 so your buff adds 507, but someone correct me if my numbers are wrong or its been tested.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Are we talking about the "Dagger" that you get from the Undead Merchant? And can you lock down a Falchion user who's also spamming first?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Yes, the dagger, and yes it will out dps the falchion if both have dmb or slb.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm

However, if by "Lock down" you mean beat the user in a stunning contest; without enough poise to trade at least 2 blows with your enemies weapon, any weapon can be a threat despite it's lower damage rate.

You know, prior to knowing anything about PvP, this was my first ever strategy. My sorcerer started using CMW on a +11 dagger, and I knew -nothing- about it. I'd usually used an enchanted one, but every time I got invaded at the dukes archives, I'd enchant that dagger, swing it at my oponents in an R1 spam, praying they would die... and they usually did.

I also used the RoF back then, and had 34 resistance. I was a massive noob and needed every crutch the game provided.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah. I'm talking 53ish poise, both players going apeshit. I know 77 poise will almost definitely hold up in a spamfest, but a Falchion will stunlock 53ish poise pretty quick too. I just like the option for variety in my gear loadout, so I typically cut it in the low to mid fifties.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:21 pm

A falchion could potentially lock you down in this situation just because of it's higher poise per hit ratio, however, you will get off 3, possibly 4, hits before it get's that second bow off, and so you could easily get your opponent down through attrition if you avoid a stunlock.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:26 pm

It'll probably come down to whose initial hit connects first. I've been seeing a lot more twohand Falchion/Furysword spammers lately. Apparently it's on the rise. PGS and Handaxe are still pretty rare though, even though theyre both better, in my opinion.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Also if you see someone spamming R1 with a curved sword, hit parry. The Curved sword is slow enough to easily parry, unlike a dagger... and since you -have- a dagger equiped, you're going to hurt them a lot.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:36 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2493281936176830

i just monkied around with the armor, you'll look weird enough to mock anyone you defeat
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:39 pm

any spear or weapon with any kind of range will destroy this build, if i saw a DMB buffed anything i wouldnt get into a spam contest with it
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:41 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2493281936176830

i just monkied around with the armor, you'll look weird enough to mock anyone you defeat

id lose the composite bow or at least get str to use it
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2493281936176830

What you just posted....
    What you just posted made me choke on Jello laughing about how it would look. It is so absurd looking, that I might drop my Good looking build just to look THAT STUPID XD.....

Also Omega, we have to two hand bows to use them, so we have enough strength for the bow. The bow is used to poison a target, so if they won't approach me, I -can- wait them out.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Rynn wrote:

What you just posted....
    What you just posted made me choke on Jello laughing about how it would look. It is so absurd looking, that I might drop my Good looking build just to look THAT STUPID XD.....

Also Omega, we have to two hand bows to use them, so we have enough strength for the bow. The bow is used to poison a target, so if they won't approach me, I -can- wait them out.

oh yea i didnt realise that, as long as you have enough str to scratch your butt its all good
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Plus, it's shocking how many players wont make that connection when they see a buffed Dagger. I know I'd probably be expecting BS because when it's buffed it's pretty much impossibe to distinguish from a Bandit Knife. I doubt i'd see the spam coming initially.

And besides, spears counter everything. Haha.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Yes, THAT.
    Seriously, when I see a spear, I pull out a spear so I can fight it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:10 pm