Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
FruitPunchNinja
ZikoLogiKa NL
Dark Souls PRO
Tolvo
Rynn
Bioraptor
gateslol7
11 posters

Did I just fight a hacker?

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Did I just fight a hacker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did I just fight a hacker?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Well idk, some of the light armors actually have really good defense. Just no poise. Also if you have 99humanity you have tons of defense compared to having no stacked humanity. It sounds like he was just landing a bunch of partial parrys, which negate a majority of the damage. If someone does that circle behind them and backstab them as they spam parry.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Would he be able to do it that much though? Because with the amount of end normally possible, that many partials would still drain you can cause your shield to get knocked away at least for a bit.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

One can mod any particular part of the character with the right tool. Your guy sounds like a modder to me because he should have been stun locked once his poise number is exceeded. partial parries do not protect against being stun locked due to low poise or am I all wrong about it?

last night I ran into a modder in the 360. had not seen one in a while.
    after 3200 hits between me and my friend he finally killed us.

I told him modders suck and he replied that gankers suck. I told him I was questing not ganking and he should go away and stop ruining the game for others. it went back and forth until he gave up.

The nerve.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Even with Zero Poise, landing a partial has never caused me to stagger before.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Partials dont drain much of your stamina at all, its like little chips of stamina. With max stamina you can parry like 20+ times(probably more, kind of a silly thing to test lol). Plus the point i want to make, and dont take this the wrong way. It wasnt a hacker. Although i really want you guys to keep playing, this game has A LOT you need to learn. I know you know that tolvo. Its just getting in the habit of blaming lag or going to the conclusion that the other player was a hacker is a slippery slope. As far as i know, there are no hackers on ps3 like there are on 360. Just try to practice and read up on techniques and counters, and practice preforming them with a friend.

I wish this game was easier to get into, but lets be honest its not. I cant wait for dlc, i think the arena and matchmaking plans will make pvp a lot more accessible and fun for people just getting into pvp. Like i said, dont take this the wrong way. I am not calling you a noob or anything, it just seems like you are new to pvp. You could have played through the game at low lvl multiple times, but if you are just getting into pvp you will still have plenty to learn. You get what im saying?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm

ahh ok well shall we chalk it up to a bug/glicth hehe
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Actually, did he have any buff at all? Because I'm still unsure about how much stamina is drained with partials, I've never looked that closely at my own stamina when doing it, but if he had say Grass and a ring, or even just grass, in between parries he could have been regenerating his stamina fast enough. So that's another possibility.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Modders don't stop me and I play on the 360 most often. They are just pathetic IMO. Loosing to them is not really loosing.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 pm

you're right tolvo. you regain your stamina very quickly between parrys, and im guessing he either had grass crest or used blossoms. Plus i know ive had tons of situations where i was off on the timing of a parry and i did exactly as he described(usually against a katana). Ive had people drain their entire stamina bar spamming into my parry spam(lol spam everywhere). Since you regain stamina inbetween parrys, its very hard to ever bottom out.

EDIT: Remember what i said, if you run into someone spamming parry like this circle for a backstab as they parry.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

EDIT: Remember what i said, if you run into someone spamming parry like this circle for a backstab as they parry.

Should be common knowledge to many,but great advise for me who always forgets sad or people who are not sure?.
    +1 given.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm