Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 26 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:14 am

I think, if we go back in time, and can change the future, we may be able to kill the Everlasting Dragon in the past, and have all the bonfires out. Maybe it was designed to be killable, but ended up not so.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 26 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 am

RandelOolacile wrote:Ive done two of these. Both have come out with nothing. Like I was saying, I really think that were missing something and therefor arent able to trigger what the no bonnie is "supposed" to do. Unfortunately, since none of use have any incling to what that trigger may be were left with nothing. Rynn is the person that got the most change which tells me that the no bonnie is on the right track, but we wont know for sure. Hopefully the DLC will shed some new light. This is MudoRH, by the way. I asked for a name change, silly

What change is this? I don't feel like digging for it.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:46 am

She got a message that said the bonfire she tried to light was "unstable." She also found a pendant in the empty chest in the darkmoon tomb. I think there was another, but I can't remember at the moment.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:26 am

RandelOolacile wrote:She got a message that said the bonfire she tried to light was "unstable." She also found a pendant in the empty chest in the darkmoon tomb. I think there was another, but I can't remember at the moment.

While those do seem like rather incredible results, the realization that it is possible to "mercy kill" Ceaseless Discharge and the report of "trading" the Covenant of Artorias for a Prism Stone are also incredible, but neither led to anything.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't try as hard as possible, I just personally think that there is nothing of great value to be found in the game.
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:38 am

I just personally think that there is nothing of great value to be found in the game.

Other than the whole crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and the lamentation yada yada...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:40 am

philtitan wrote:
    I just personally think that there is nothing of great value to be found in the game.

Other than the whole crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and the lamentation yada yada...

You mean the sheer enjoyment? I meant that I find the odds of finding a new cutscene, ending, etc. extremely unlikely silly
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 am

Well i dunno, from have a habit of deeply hiding secrets. I know if i was given the task i could create something within the game mechanics thats almost impossible to stumble on and requires a hunt on a worldwide scale.

Look at valves recent args? If people responded to the first dips of info with "oh its just valve trolling" then they would never have been uncovered.

The reality? Was that you need to use morse code/ a telex machine/ solar signals etcetc a whole host of intricate methods to figure out a long devious puzzle. Now if valve can do that in the space of a few weeks to bolster an announcement, i trust from to have done something similar with dark souls.

Thats what these runs are about, using the community to assault the code.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:59 am

Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus. I have been having a difficult time with Internet at my new place. All I have these days is my iPhone 4G network.
    Everything about the game points to extinguishing Or kindling bonfires and shooing the Edragon. Everything points to this stuff but we have NO RESULTS! Why!? What are we missing!? Is it humanity?

This conversation is all about that dragon.

Recently I started again as a pure cleric. I choose all the cleric description for my starting character, down to my face and hair. I want to explore this idea that humanity is more important than we think. It's supposed to have some great power to clerics via bonfire kindling? What is this power? Is it lies? Lautrec also has some use for it.. He summons obviously, but his dialogues hint to something greater. The there is the picture of the humanities being used over the lord vessel. What is the greater power of humanity?
    Anyone?

fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Mark has asked me if he may have my permission to begin a new extinguish bonfire thread with, hopefully, a bit more focus on the runs that HAVE been completed. This will be good for all of us, simply so we don't risk repeating the same run over and over. If you happen to see his thread please make your contributions.
    I'm still going to continue exploring here using speculation and lore. At this point I still stand by the side that says there is likely something that from has hidden in the game regarding the extinguish vs kindle campaigns, but that we are a bit too far from truth to be making claims of definitive changes having occurred. That's why I don't really want to request people to waste their time doing runs. Marks thread will be focused ideally on runs that have been reported, to narrow the gap on BOTH sides of the problem. It's a wise approach.

I'm not giving up yet!
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:48 pm

fireLESS wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus. I have been having a difficult time with Internet at my new place. All I have these days is my iPhone 4G network.
    Everything about the game points to extinguishing Or kindling bonfires and shooing the Edragon. Everything points to this stuff but we have NO RESULTS! Why!? What are we missing!? Is it humanity?

This conversation is all about that dragon.

Recently I started again as a pure cleric. I choose all the cleric description for my starting character, down to my face and hair. I want to explore this idea that humanity is more important than we think. It's supposed to have some great power to clerics via bonfire kindling? What is this power? Is it lies? Lautrec also has some use for it.. He summons obviously, but his dialogues hint to something greater. The there is the picture of the humanities being used over the lord vessel. What is the greater power of humanity?
    Anyone?

That's what I was thinking, Less. I'm trying to max out my Humanity count on the first play through. It's a bit tough since I don't have Live anymore.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:26 pm

"most fools have more humanity than they know what to do with"
    -Lautrec
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Don't you guys agree that if there was anything so secret that it requires such ridiculously extreme measures to reveal , it would've been extracted from the discs text data file a long time ago , and fully out in the open by now.:?:
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:20 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Don't you guys agree that if there was anything so secret that it requires such ridiculous measures to reveal , it would've been extracted from the discs text data file a long time ago , and fully out in the open by now.:?:

I havent seen a complete text dump. The ones that are commonly referenced was gone over by myself on one of these many pages. The summary was that we don't have anything online and out in the open that shows us everything. Nothing that i have seen, anyway. When I get back up on my computer I will go back and pull some of the more interesting discoveries. But I will say that my search has done nothing but strengthen my opinion of something being kept secret. Or at the very least, they wanted it as a secret and then removed it from the game prior to release. At any rate, find a text dump that's full and I will believe it. The ones that were discussed by epic name bro and quelaag chick and michel kobashi aren't completely full. At least not from what I could tell by searching using ctrl-f
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 pm

@Ziko: I personally do not think there's anything secret, but I like the challenge of it, so I'm helping organize it.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:39 am

It sure looks like a creative and entertaining playthrough to complete no doubt.

Personally I don't know much about the text dump files , but people've used it in the past to discover all potential secrets from previous released games.

I loved Acidic's playthrough idea , in which you are supposed to wear the Symbol of Avarice all the time , and preferebly equip a Server along with The Ring of the Evil Eye to counter the HP drain from the helmet. Healing items , spells and Estus are not allowed ,only resting at a bonfire is. :pirat:
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Guys i just was reminded that Miyazaki said if you carry solaire all the way to fight gwyn etc, he will link the flames in his world. Food for thought and a question for rynn, did she use solaire much?
    jockanda
    jockanda
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jockanda Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Actually i didn't read much of this thread, but i would like to participate and try something as a max level -709- sunbro +3 ,Any suggestions ?(i tried killing that dragon ..)
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 am

Read the thread? happy
    jockanda
    jockanda
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jockanda Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 am

Hey! Y -1 ??sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm