Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 25 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Jorund Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am

Well, if you read the description for the firekeeper's garments this is what they read:

"It is thought to have once been the white [hood, robe, gloves, skirt] of a maiden, but smoke and ashes from bonfires have darkened them over the year."

The skirt's is slightly different though, and it reads:

"It is thought to have once been the skirt of a maiden, but it's true origin is lost in patches of blood. Perhaps its former wearer was maimed to prevent escape?"

Just invaded Lautrec with my male character in the set, but nothing was different. Although I never noticed before that Lautrec has fall control cast on himself. Is that normal?
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 25 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Lancelot Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 am

Perhaps Lautrec has known the FK for quite a long time. Maybe he's the one who "maimed" her, and she escaped, so he followed her to Lordran.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:45 am

Jorund wrote:Well, if you read the description for the firekeeper's garments this is what they read:

"It is thought to have once been the white [hood, robe, gloves, skirt] of a maiden, but smoke and ashes from bonfires have darkened them over the year."

The skirt's is slightly different though, and it reads:

"It is thought to have once been the skirt of a maiden, but it's true origin is lost in patches of blood. Perhaps its former wearer was maimed to prevent escape?"

Just invaded Lautrec with my male character in the set, but nothing was different. Although I never noticed before that Lautrec has fall control cast on himself. Is that normal?

I'm pretty sure that's hush, not fall control.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:42 am

No lautrec doesn't refer to her as familiar. I think he even calls her "this one" I think her story is a separate plot (involving other firekeepers and her breaking rules of no contact, there was a thread about it somewhere) hes just murdering firekeepers one by one.

I wonder if you don't invade him will he turn up again if you follow his path... I cant help but feel that Lautrecs story doesn't end with the cracked orb, that's just rather one outcome of his quest. All the other plot chases have branches and cut off points...

Its interesting because there was this war waged with the gods that led to Gwyns paranoia and many of the fallen characters suffer as a result of this rebellion. I feel like lautrec is sneaking in while they are collapsing and just wiping out the traces of fire, for his goddess Fina to become the prevailing deity... Though in the core reality he failed and died on the balcony above ornstein and smough?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 am

Eolan wrote:No lautrec doesnt refer to her as familiar. I think her story is a separate plot (involving other firekeepers and her breaking rules of no contact, there was a thread about it somewhere) hes just murdering firekeepers one by one.

I wonder if you don't invade him will he turn up again if you follow his path... I cant help but feel that Lautrecs story doesn't end with the cracked orb, that's just rather one outcome of his quest. All the other plot chases have branches and cut off points...

Its interesting because there was this war waged with the gods that led to Gwyns paranoia and many of the fallen characters suffer as a result of this rebellion. I feel like lautrec is sneaking in while they are collapsing and just wiping out the traces of fire, for his goddess Fina to become the prevailing deity...

Btw can anyone tell me how many Prelit Fires there are and how many unlit ones there are?

Four prelit fire (firelink, the white lady, stone dragon, and the first anor londo bonfire with the firekeeper). All of them have firekeepers except for the stone dragon. I'm not sure how many unlit ones there are. On the top of my head though- 30.

Last edited by RNsunbro on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:54 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    Eolan wrote:No lautrec doesnt refer to her as familiar. I think her story is a separate plot (involving other firekeepers and her breaking rules of no contact, there was a thread about it somewhere) hes just murdering firekeepers one by one.

Its interesting because there was this war waged with the gods that led to Gwyns paranoia and many of the fallen characters suffer as a result of this rebellion. I feel like lautrec is sneaking in while they are collapsing and just wiping out the traces of fire, for his goddess Fina to become the prevailing deity...

Btw can anyone tell me how many Prelit Fires there are and how many unlit ones there are?

Four prelit fire (firelink, the white lady, stone dragon, and the first anor londo bonfire with the firekeeper). All of them have firekeepers except for the stone dragon. I'm not sure how many unlit ones there are. On the top of my head though- 33.

Edit: Link- http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Bonfire
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:18 am

I always feel silly when im pointed at the wiki. Doh happy Am theorizing brb...
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 am

so i finished a fireLESS NG and NG+ and so far, no surprises

the first play-through
    my starting calss was cleric and my gift was the pendant

i rescued Lautrec and let him kill the firekeeper than i killed him in Londo. i also followed Soliare and rescued him using the Izalith shortcut. i let Petrus kill Rhea but i did not kill Petrus. i didn't kill Patches, the crestfallen warrior went hollow and i murdered him in Londo Ruins. i also followed Seigmeyer's full quest and got the slab from Seigland. i left all the other NPCs alone pretty much.

i used 6 of the 7 firekeeper souls to boost my estus, the 7th got used at the very beginning of NG+. i also joined every cov (except dragon and darkmoon) and ranked up to +3 in each of them. i also consumed all of the boss souls.

before extinguishing the firekeeper bonfires, i kindled them fully to 20 estus.

after beating Gwyn, i even tried to home bone out but i just reappeared in Gwyn's boss fight arena. i decided to exit after that for the Dark Lord ending

NG+
    i killed Solaire, and let Lautrec kill the firekeeper then killed him in Londo again. i consumed all 7 of the firekeeper souls and boss souls (except Gwyns from 1st play-through). this time i stuck to the SunBro cov to use sunlight spear.

otherwise it was pretty much identical to the first play-through

what;s next?
    i think i am going to start a new character for a fireLESS run but this time i am going to join every cov. and make it to +3 in each. otherwise i don't know what else i should do differently?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Nybbles wrote:so i finished a fireLESS NG and NG+ and so far, no surprises

the first play-through
    my starting calss was cleric and my gift was the pendant

i rescued Lautrec and let him kill the firekeeper than i killed him in Londo. i also followed Soliare and rescued him using the Izalith shortcut. i let Petrus kill Rhea but i did not kill Petrus. i didn't kill Patches, the crestfallen warrior went hollow and i murdered him in Londo Ruins. i also followed Seigmeyer's full quest and got the slab from Seigland. i left all the other NPCs alone pretty much.

i used 6 of the 7 firekeeper souls to boost my estus, the 7th got used at the very beginning of NG+. i also joined every cov (except dragon and darkmoon) and ranked up to +3 in each of them. i also consumed all of the boss souls.

before extinguishing the firekeeper bonfires, i kindled them fully to 20 estus.

after beating Gwyn, i even tried to home bone out but i just reappeared in Gwyn's boss fight arena. i decided to exit after that for the Dark Lord ending

NG+
    i killed Solaire, and let Lautrec kill the firekeeper then killed him in Londo again. i consumed all 7 of the firekeeper souls and boss souls (except Gwyns from 1st play-through). this time i stuck to the SunBro cov to use sunlight spear.

otherwise it was pretty much identical to the first play-through

what;s next?
    i think i am going to start a new character for a fireLESS run but this time i am going to join every cov. and make it to +3 in each. otherwise i don't know what else i should do differently?

Don't kill Laurtec since he seems to be the biggest supporter of extinguishing the bonfires. Also some, actually most, of the covenants are in support of the bonfires so joining them and ranking up in them probably isn't the way to go.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:37 am

Any updates on the runs?
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 pm

coffee break
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:50 pm

So far all is the same with me. I keep checking in on updates for some different course of action, but I've done two builds through ng+ and nothings changed. sad
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I didn't know that simply choosing a cleric automatically puts you into the WoW covenant, interesting..
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Yeah, doesn't knight also?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:26 pm

RandelOolacile wrote:Yeah, doesn't knight also?

I thought it was just cleric, I could be wrong though.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:16 am

So I'm offering up scales to E. dragon for the dragon torso and a question just popped in my head. Why exactly does he want the dragon scales?
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:29 am

He totes wants that Dragon Greataxe +5!

Or maybe he's trying to replace some of the scales that he lost during the war? Though, I've never noticed him missing any.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 am

RNsunbro wrote:Why exactly does he want the dragon scales?

Some have suggested that the scales aren't actually for him but for the true leader of the covenant (Seath? Someone even more mysterious?). There are some who believe that the Everlasting Dragon is a mere go-between and that the true power of the Path of the Dragon covenant rests in another's hands, or claws as it were.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 am

Where did fireLESS go? And rynn...?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Crickets...
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:51 pm

No stuff. I read all 41 pages. I wanna know how it ends!
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 am

same here man, I was getting into it to....
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 am

I stopped bothering with it, we need something more tangible for me to really want to continue onward. I think I was so disappointed with the Greatsword of Artorias, even at level 653.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 am

I've made the GoA, but never used it, maybe because I thought the requirements were not right for the build I had, don't really remember.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:07 am

Ive done two of these. Both have come out with nothing. Like I was saying, I really think that were missing something and therefor arent able to trigger what the no bonnie is "supposed" to do. Unfortunately, since none of use have any incling to what that trigger may be were left with nothing. Rynn is the person that got the most change which tells me that the no bonnie is on the right track, but we wont know for sure. Hopefully the DLC will shed some new light. This is MudoRH, by the way. I asked for a name change, silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:55 am