Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 24 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Eolan Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:54 am

Could it be that the pendant maintains unlit and extinguished bonfire status into ng?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 24 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:22 am

Ok, my current idea for a no bonfire run:

1) Kill Solaire. He's in league with the Sun.
    2) Summon/support Lotrek every chance I get. You can only summon him twice as far as I'm aware.
    3) Do not kindle any bonfires, do not collect any fire keeper souls.

If you want to give 100 scales to the dragon, there's an easier way: Get a bunch of people together, and give them all to one person. That way one person doesn't have to get 100 scales. 10 people would need 10 scales. Not too bad.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:29 am

I've already done the 100 scales quite a few times, I am dragonman. If someone has other suggestions with that, I can do it easily.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Has anyone tried maxing out their humanity counter on the first playthrough while doing a no bonnie run? Since the player character is supposedly the descendant of the pygmy and the Humanities are the pieces of the Dark Soul, having as many of them as possible when extinguishing the flames would make it follow the lore as close as possible. Not a huge lore buff, but I'm reading into it and thought it might be worth a shot.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 am

Also, I feel like Gwyndolin and the Dark Moon Covenant have a lot more importance to the age of darkness than we think. Again though, not big on the lore so it's just from what I've been reading in the last hour or so.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:21 am

This is intense. Had to take a breather for a bit. So many interesting ideas. The more I think about it all the more I want that dragon to get off his perch and unveil a final keeper. An event like this would secure DS as the best game ever in my mind. Tis yet but a dream.

Can I hack a normal flash drive to the Xbox so that I can save game? Do I need some special flash drive? I want to move it to another Xbox and split it up with a buddy..
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 am

You should be able to format the flash drive to the Xbox system and then transfer your saves. big grin
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 am

That is great news! Thank you. This made me think, is there a way we could share characters over the Internet? That would be cool for pimpin builds and fireless divvy ups.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:02 am

RandelOolacile wrote:You should be able to format the flash drive to the Xbox system and then transfer your saves. big grin

I like your new avatar!
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    RandelOolacile wrote:You should be able to format the flash drive to the Xbox system and then transfer your saves. big grin

I like your new avatar!

Thanks, bro! Took me a while to get that shot, lol. silly
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:47 am

Have we already covered a good order of when to kill which firekeepers? I've got Firelink and Daughter of Chaos available, but I don't know when i should let Lautrec kill Anastacia, or even to let him do it at all.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:34 am

You have to let him kill her, she won't die otherwisez
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 am

When would be a good time to move on from Firelink? I'm assuming not until much later in the game, correct?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:56 am

Cynic wrote:When would be a good time to move on from Firelink? I'm assuming not until much later in the game, correct?

In terms of story progression or is your hesitation rooted elsewhere?
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 pm

just story progression. I don't want to cut firelink out of the equation until I have no more need for it.
    Generally just a good order and timeline of when to kill the firekeepers is what I'm really looking for.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Once Lautrec kills Anastacia its time to move to Anor Londo. The firekeepers should be taken out as soon as you've finished with their services, i.e. leveling, attuning, etc. This is my opinion, however as a few who are on the no bonnie run wait till right before Lord Gwyn to kill them, the choice is yours! big grin
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I only kill them when I'm about to finish the game.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 pm

The way I did it was probably ideal. I'm wondering though, if they want us to kill them all quickly, this making it even harder.

Here's what I did.
    Went as normal, ringing the gargoyle bell. Then worked to Quelaag, did not ring this bell, but I sat at the witches firekeeper fire. Took the shortcut through the valley of drakes out and back to my firelink shrine fire. I used ring of the evil eye on that part. That stretch is easier than you think if you just run and use some moss. I'm thinking about running from the Edrgn to new Londo, these days. Anyway. I ran into catacombs to get the rite of kindling from pinwheel. Then I went back down to ring the second bell. I did not sit at the fire, this way, you still respawn from firelink even though the fire is out. From firelink to newlondo will be a bit of a stretch, but I did it without too much trouble. Use the fortress against the lizards and summon if you managed to keep humanity. Then you get your firekeeper at new Londo, retrieve the vessel, and you can warp between the three keepers from there.
    It wasn't too crazy hard, and like I have always maintained, it plays fun and makes a ton of sense.

Last edited by fireLESS on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:54 pm

ill give that a try. Thanks.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:I only kill them when I'm about to finish the game.

This is what I have done, also. I am starting to entertain the idea of racing down to kill them ASAP. I think it would be fun and challenging. If only had more time.. On the other hand, I don't really need to buy any video games anymore. This game is too good.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Agreed. This game is a ridiculous time suck, and really, really fun.

I'm not finding the no bonfire run very challenging yet; bows FTW! Able to just pull enemies away so you don't get ganged up.

How many hrs have you sunk into this game so far?
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

I would have to guess around 400 or 500. I thought I had spent too much time when ff7 came out, way back in the day. I only spent around 200 to master that game.
    I can't figure any reason to buy a new one. Honestly I have hardly even experimented with PvP and ganking, so that'll be another few hundred hours when I get around to doing that. Plus, I want to experiment with some different builds too.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Ok.

I'm starting my no-bonfire run tonight; anything you want to be tried? I was just going to do it for the fun factor. Going to use a STR/DEX character.

Edit: Actually that doesn't make sense. I'll start as cleric, raise ATT to get another heal, then focus on STR/DEX/END and enough VIT to stay alive. Should be enough for such a run.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Most likely has been done, but has anyone tried invading Lautrec while wearing the dead firekeeper garb? i.e. dingy hood, blood-stained skirt, etc.

EDIT: Might also be of importance, but also being female.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:20 am

Jorund wrote:Most likely has been done, but has anyone tried invading Lautrec while wearing the dead firekeeper garb? i.e. dingy hood, blood-stained skirt, etc.

EDIT: Might also be of importance, but also being female.

I totally thought about doing this. It would be worth it just for the funny "revenge" vid. Lautrec would be so confused.
    I also have often finding myself admiring the contrasting similarities between her soiled garments and the purity of Rhea's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:44 am