Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run Empty Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:40 pm

This game has shown me repeatedly in my attempt, that I am doing it the right way this time. Ive beaten it so many times my head throbs. I am convinced that I am the chosen one to discover the easter egg that DOES exist in this game.
    I am going for the no bonfire run. Currently I am easily within reach of the second bell, but I am gearing up. I know that I will lose my only bonfire at the Firelink shrine.
    After countless hours of mastering every nook of Lordran, I now believe I know the secrets to beat the game properly. (even the ash lake dragon). I believe every aspect of the game hints that this is the way it wants you to beat it.
    Its the reason Lautrec kills the fire-keeper. Its the reason the female fire-keeper is so ashamed. Lordran is hell! The bonfires are what eternally bring us back over and over and over and over. Frampt wants the fires lit to isolate power, and the other serpent has power motives also. The only way this game makes sense is if there is a NO BONFIRE RUN! Actually a better way to describe it is an "EXTINGUISH BONFIRE"

A faith based sunbro is the way I am going. I can use Jolly-Cooperation as I go down into blighttown or anywhere difficult. Realistically I have the game licked so well, that it hasnt been difficult at all.

Consider this: As I progressed downward, as I got further from the firelink, I was always realizing that the shortcuts I could make all lead back to fire-link. The chapel elevator for instance-- GOES RIGHT TO FIRELINK! OR through the valley of drakes (great connector for me). Its the whole reason its there! Anyway the run has been incredibly easy.

I was constantly putting my summon sign down. Upon conquering the boss as a phantom in someone else's game, I come back to my own game with newfound humanity BUT ALSO (and this is the point): REFILLED ESTUS, REFILLED HEALTH, REFILLED SUNSPEARS. Because I was able to proceed by constantly refilling myself, I got down to the bottom of blighttown and realized I was filthy rich with souls and humanity. COWOINKI-DOINK?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Cant level without a bonfire sad

Good luck though. Make sure you film the ending.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

no bonfire - Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Or replenish spells. Better go melee.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Hasn't a no bonfire run been done before?
    I do however admire your spirit! So more power to you!
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I did not light the bonfire at firelink shrine. That is kept by a fire-keeper. I do mean to destroy that fire. Or rather, allow Lautrec to kill her (very soon). Again, It points that I am correct. I have been leveling up there and making it my home base.

I have searched relentlessly for evidence of someone who successfully extinguished all the bonfires in the game. It hasnt happened yet from what I can tell. There is def. something to this.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes others have done this before without anything new learned, I think they were actually doing it in regards to seeing if it lighted the Braziers in the room right before the Kiln. But still, you never know. Some minor detail could always change something, so it never hurts to try.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Tolvo wrote:Yes others have done this before without anything new learned, I think they were actually doing it in regards to seeing if it lighted the Braziers in the room right before the Kiln. But still, you never know. Some minor detail could always change something, so it never hurts to try.

Do you have a link to this evidence? I cannot find anything like that.

Also, do you know how they extinguished the bonfire at ASH LAKE? There is an everlasting dragon who acts as the "firekeeper" there. It is already lit. My run differs from what you describe, because I want every fire extinguished, therefore preventing anyone from isolating power.
    To properly beat the game, as I see it, all the bonfires must be extinguished. This dragon is what makes the concept difficult. The ancient battle of the everlasting dragon is a common reoccurring theme.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Definitely worth a shot! What are your plans for the ash lake dragon bonfire? That's been the hangup in every attempt I've heard discussed

Edit: sounds like that's a problem you're having too. No one had been able to extinguish that to my knowledge.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Don't question Tolvo's sage-ness. :evil:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I forget where I saw it but someone even tried to copy the steps to killing the dragons in the opening. Maybe glyphblade's thread
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Lightning, fire, magic? Ohyeh
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Lightning, toxic and fire is what I recall. Not sure how many permutations were tried. Logically from the opening I think (been awhile since I watched it) it would be sunlight spear, toxic mist then fire tempest. But there are a lot of confounds to this. Nito doesn't use a cloud spell in game which puts toxic mist in question. If a mist spell is a key are we sure toxic is best. Did Gwyn have sunlight spear at that point or was that later as he developed himself. Did the witch have chaos mastered yet etc.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:30 pm

I can't find it in the archives, it was the thread about lightning the braziers in the Kiln as I mentioned. People were doing no bonfire runs, as well as all bonfires maximum kindled runs, and I believe someone did an extinguish run but I believe the dragon bonfire was a problem for them as well. I searched but it is probably buried a bit in the archives, I'll check the resources thread in a bit and see if it is there.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm

How do you extinguish fires without a keeper?

The one in the burg for instance.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Yes. This dragon is where I am having an issue. The fact that people are having an issue with him, doesnt mean that his fire cant be extinguished. I would like to know the following things.
    1. What will happen when I lose my bonfire at Firelink? Does anyone know where I will appear when I die? Not that it worries me really.
    2. What does O & S have to do with the ancient dragon battle? He has that ring...

The intro does describe that order indeed. Admittedly, their attempt sounds really good. I just have so many glorious questions for them. I cant, for instance, be sure that they did it with no other bonfires lit. Also, I find it hard to believe that this method is really what the creators wanted. It just has to do with going down there and putting a can of whoop-@#$ on him? Unlikely. Even if it is in that order it just seems, eh. When you put a beating on him like that, there still remains a ton of questions about this alleged attempt. It may have something to do with that order, but I think its more concreted of a story, not just run down there and take care of business.

I can only speculate what will occur as I go forward. I am fairly certain that in order to bring about the E.dragon demise I will need to carry my run into NG+. I think it has to do with Rhea, and what she was trying to do with her pendant up in the library or whatever it was. The reason I believe she became imprisoned was because she took the path of linking-fires as opposed to extinguishing them. It wouldnt surprise me if it also has to do with the painted world.
    I may not be successful on this run. But that will not deter my gross incandescence. The very least, I would like to come out of it with a few concrete facts about what will happen.
    I know that the theory of not lighting bonfires is key, because of how clearly the game has responded to trying it. I have played a ton of hours in this game, suddenly I go on this no bonfire run and things start clicking. Everything starts clicking, I tell ya! IT CLICKS!
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Tolvo wrote:I can't find it in the archives, it was the thread about lightning the braziers in the Kiln as I mentioned. People were doing no bonfire runs, as well as all bonfires maximum kindled runs, and I believe someone did an extinguish run but I believe the dragon bonfire was a problem for them as well. I searched but it is probably buried a bit in the archives, I'll check the resources thread in a bit and see if it is there.

dude, you're like, my sunbro!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Apparently it isn't in my resources thread, which is saddening because it did have some good stuff. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for missing that.

If you've never rested at a bonfire, I believe you will restart at the Asylum, if you have rested at firelink even after it goes out you will spawn there. If a bonfire goes out and you die with it as your spawn, you still respawn there.

I'd assume Ornstein helped in fighting the dragons, he is a Dragonslayer after all.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Yes. He is a dragonslayer...
    Thanks for the heads up about respawning at firelink. This is good news. I dont want to deal with the egg nest.

end the Age of Fire that Gwyn created and create a new Age of Dark (aka the age of men).
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Before you let Lautrec kill the firekeeper I suggest that you get the rite of kindling from pinwheel and kindle firelink to 20 estus flasks since when you die that's where you'll appear and it should still give you the same number of flasks that it's kindled to
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:04 pm

This is the intro.

"with Fire came Disparity.

Nito, the first of the dead
    The Witch of Izalith, and her daughters of chaos
    Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights
    And the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten"

MUST FIND THIS PYGMY (Who is it! I do not agree with the lore that he is my ancestor)
    I think he IS the key to defeating the E dragon. He is another like the witch or gwynn, I must find and kill this pygmy. Also tied to Rhea or the painted world?
    Here is the very next line:

With the Strength of Lords, they challenged the dragons.

To me this means that in order to "challenge" the dragons I need the strength of all these lords. I need to seek them ALL out. Including this pygmy. The previous attempts to extinguish the fires by killing the Edragon did not find this Pygmy the way I see him being found.. hopefully soon.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm

What was the Pygmy's "power"? Gwyn lightning, Witch chaos fire, Nito poison and toxic
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:11 pm

BoilerFan8472 wrote:Before you let Lautrec kill the firekeeper I suggest that you get the rite of kindling from pinwheel and kindle firelink to 20 estus flasks since when you die that's where you'll appear and it should still give you the same number of flasks that it's kindled to

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will go get the rite of kindling. Mainly because Rhea is after it also. Besides, I need to rescue her from old boy down there. I think I will resist ringing the second bell for as long as I possibly can. Perhaps the better way to lose the fire in fire link is by collecting the firekeeper souls, rather than ringing the bell. I have heard this also triggers the murder event.

I dont think I will kindle firelink though. So far I have not kindled. Considering I HATE the BONFIRES I just cant bring myself to kindle. Im even suspicious about my flask. I dont want to use a firekeeper soul just out of precaution. At any rate, I have not had any problems with health or anything. I just one hit everything and use jolly co-op. At times I have died, but I don't think I have lost my stain yet. Maybe once when it was useless.

Good tip thanks.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Ringing the second bell does trigger the event also if you take the fire keeper souls from both the burg and blightown.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm

BoilerFan8472 wrote:What was the Pygmy's "power"? Gwyn lightning, Witch chaos fire, Nito poison and toxic

Exactly. My fireless foreruners forgot about the "easily forgotten pygmy". He is the key that ties Rhea, the pendant, and the "linking of the fires", This pygmy guy is integral somehow.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Already did it, only bonfire kept lit was the one from the Stone Dragon. Nothing new happened, but it was very fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm