That darn crow

    Share
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:33 am

    All of what yo usay makes sense Wyrm lol.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by WyrmHero on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:39 am

    Yeah. I wonder why she is a crow now (assuming she is). Because she likes to or as a curse? 1,000 years flying undead to Lordran. Ah by the way, my friend had this crazy idea that the narrator could be the giant crow.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:40 am

    yeah i think I suggested earlier the narrator could be velka.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by Shkar on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:45 am

    What if the narrator was the Asylum Demon?

    *dun dun dunnnnnnn*


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:46 am

    Just sayin', Patches silly
    She really let herself go then.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by Shkar on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 am

    DoughGuy wrote:Just sayin', Patches silly
    She really let herself go then.

    My main goal is to provide insane theories that you have no way of disproving, just to annoy you.

    YJGS!


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:51 am

    I'll find a way. Then I'll zwhar you.


    Last edited by DoughGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by Shkar on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:55 am

    Careful, my mind is a scary thing...


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 am

    Oh I've seen plagius. And you havent seen my mind yet twisted


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    MutilatedRelic

    Posts : 10
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Parma, OH

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by MutilatedRelic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 am

    WyrmHero wrote:Oh yeah I made a topic about the crow a long while ago. Reasons I believe she is indeed.

    •Painted World is the home of her most powerful miracle (Vow of Silence) and the Crow Demons.

    •The Crow Demons protect this miracle aggressively.

    •Crow Demons drop Souvenirs of Reprisal.

    •Her miracles have a purple aura. You can see this aura when the Painted World swallows you.

    •She had black hair, as the feathers of the crow.

    •When you trade the Pendant to Snuggly she gives you a Souvenir of Reprisal. We may assume that the Pendant has a somewhat relation with the guilty, as Petrus drops it when he kills Reah. We have theorized that Gwyndolin had a pendant too.

    •The main objective in going back to the asylum is to get the Peculiar Doll. The crow helps you get it by taking you back there.


    That's it for now. For me, I love the idea, it makes a bit of sense. Feel free to add more or remove.


    If all that is for the most part right,
    What does that make Snuggly, and Sparky? o.O


    _________________
    Were you expecting a fancy signature?
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:46 am

    Who's sparky?

    Oh, and Snuggly isn't her baby, it's another crow's, I believe. Too small of a nest/egg.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 pm

    I think the crow is merely a basic symbol that beautifully captures a game mechanic and shows the thought that goes into the details. I'll go on record and say I don't completely buy it being Velka. I won't try and dispute it since I see all the links people have made but I've always thought that the crow was used as it is closely associated with the spirit world and death. Death in many cultures is synonymous with change or transformation. All of these symbols are tied very well to the trip to Lordran. The crow is like Charon

    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 pm

    Also, double post because I think out came up here....
    The crow can't be hurt with poison or toxin. Alvina can but disappears the second she takes damage. I tried to interrupt the vanishing act by talking to her and she was about to ask me to join and poof.

    I tried with a different character on ng and did 2500 to her. Well past her bar and no different

    avatar
    MutilatedRelic

    Posts : 10
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 24
    Location : Parma, OH

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by MutilatedRelic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm

    Sparky is another trade item crow creature from Demon Souls, she was found at the altar of storms. She took shiny items instead of "soft and warm" items.
    Another thing to point out, I found only one dried finger (never used it) which was in the painted world. Also I'm pretty sure it comes from the hand of the Crow demons...


    _________________
    Were you expecting a fancy signature?

    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-02

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by TheLolrider on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm

    If I remember correctly, the Undead Asylum is in Astora. I remember hearing that somewhere, or something that alluded to that.

    The crow as Velka is an interesting idea, but I would think it would have a more major role if it was. The fact that the doll is in the Asylum is circumstantial. Now, if the crow took you directly to the Painted World, then we'd probably have a lot better evidence.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 pm

    TheLolrider wrote:If I remember correctly, the Undead Asylum is in Astora. I remember hearing that somewhere, or something that alluded to that.

    The crow as Velka is an interesting idea, but I would think it would have a more major role if it was. The fact that the doll is in the Asylum is circumstantial. Now, if the crow took you directly to the Painted World, then we'd probably have a lot better evidence.
    Tarkus gets to the painted world, doesn't have doll, because someone brought it to your cell, he dies there.

    Oscar dies after giving you the key, or, rather, goes hollow. His real death is in the forest. But the question is, who put the doll there? Someone did. It can't just be a random placement.

    The fact that the crow takes you back just because you're curled up in a ball means that it's intelligent. It probaly knows that the doll is in your cell. There's no other reason to go back (other than the slab, but that's not story related.) So if the crow didn't know about the doll, why would it bring you back? There's nothing else there.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-02

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by TheLolrider on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm

    Who knows? It's a crow.

    I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not saying that the crow isn't intelligent or doesn't know what its doing. I'm just saying that I think your evidence is shaky.

    We don't know whether Tarkus or Oscar made it into the Painted World or not. Presumably, a black knight put the doll in the Asylum. Why? Who knows. Black Knights answered to Gwyn.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

    TheLolrider wrote:I'm just saying that I think your evidence is shaky
    It's dark souls. There is no real solid evidence for anything silly

    TheLolrider wrote:We don't know whether Tarkus or Oscar made it into the Painted World or not.
    I don't believe Oscar did, and I know Tarkus didn't, because you find his physical body outside of the painting. Oscar may have gotten in, but he'd have to then get out, and continue on his journey because he eventually died in the Forest, where you find the elite knight armor, leaving behind the note "I can't take this."


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by ublug on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 pm

    I assume you return to the asylum in a different time, either in the past or future. Don't know if this is because of Lordran's unstable time, or if the crow can travel through time. But it kind of makes sense that the crow leads you to the key to the Painted World, if the crow is related to Velka.

    I once tried to find out if the crow was Velka / Velka's messenger. I chased it away, then I killed some npcs in firelink while it was gone, to see if you could get away sin free if the crow wasn't watching. It didn't work.

    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-02

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by TheLolrider on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:34 pm

    ublug wrote:I once tried to find out if the crow was Velka / Velka's messenger. I chased it away, then I killed some npcs in firelink while it was gone, to see if you could get away sin free if the crow wasn't watching. It didn't work.

    That's funny, I wouldn't have thought to try that.

    The time issue never occurs to me until someone mentions it, its such a wonky concept. Anyway, I'm not super sure that Oscar died in the Darkroot Forest. Also, both Tarkus and Oscar could have left the same way we left, off the plank. Priscilla seems un-eager to fight, so it's quite possible that they entered the Painted World.

    However, none of that proves or disproves your claim. We're just kind of arguing over fine points right now.
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 pm

    Oscar got in. There is a video with a picture of him inside. Joe why does Tarkus dying outside the PW mean he didnt make it in? Its very likely he got inside, but was mortally wounded by Pris and only managed to just escape and died outside the PW.
    It wouldnt make any sense for Oscar to have removed his armour and put it on anothe rbody lol.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 pm

    I guess, but, still, Oscar did die in the Forest. We've come to the conclusion because if you Seek Guidance, you see Oscar's notes, and there's a note by the hidden bonfire in the forest "I can't take this." Then you find a body with his armor on it? That can't be a coincidence. And the fact that Tarkus dies outside the painting suggests that he got there, but was then killed by the guardians, and couldn't run away from them and into the painted world because he didn't have the doll.

    These are just clues left to us from From, and I don't see how they can be disproven since the most likely answer usually is the correct one from From, with the exception of the God of War. It seems like Solaire is him, but, in reality, it was going to be Andre, and then they removed him from the story.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 pm

    DoughGuy wrote:Oscar got in. There is a video with a picture of him inside. Joe why does Tarkus dying outside the PW mean he didnt make it in? Its very likely he got inside, but was mortally wounded by Pris and only managed to just escape and died outside the PW.
    It wouldnt make any sense for Oscar to have removed his armour and put it on anothe rbody lol.
    I just posted my theory for Tarkus. I didn't know Oscar got inside, but that's why I was saying "I don't think so, but I'm not sure." And, I guess Tarkus could have gotten mortally wounded, but, I wonder how we get a Homeward bone when we get out, and if there's meaning to that.

    I believe the homeward bone when we get out is not only a gameplay addition (Because you can just walk to the Darkmoon bonfire) but a lore one as well, and that it implies that you are safe once you get out and can quickly take refuge. And the fact that tarkus didn't get that means, to me, that he didn't make it in in the first place.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by DoughGuy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 pm

    I didnt know about that darkroot message.
    Tarkus's positioning makes it look like he crawled out of the painting into the corner to die, not being killed by the guardians mid fight. Also the fact there are Berenike knights in the PW, knights who Tarkus likely led or worked with, shows the doll isnt the only way to get in and Tarkus probably got in with said knights.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD

    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-02

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by TheLolrider on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 pm

    DoughGuy wrote:It wouldnt make any sense for Oscar to have removed his armour and put it on anothe rbody lol.

    I wasn't suggesting that, but something bothers me about the fact that we kill him in the Asylum yet we find his armor in Darkroot. I mean, even the armor itself says he died in the Asylum.


    Last edited by TheLolrider on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: That darn crow

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 pm