Gaah! Darn tite demons!

Nimidar

Gaah! Darn tite demons!

Post by Nimidar on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:45 am

I have killed a few of those tite demons before, Three i think. I am still on first playthrough and there's a pair of those demons down in sens fortress in the water and i just cant seem to kill them. After sens fortress i've killed O&S, Firesage demon, Ceaseless and Centipede demon with my SL71 dex build. BUT i CANT kill the tite demons!! same with the one at lost isalith(maybe demon ruins) down the shortcut elevator from the chaos cov. They seem to have endless of HP and they one hit kill me with a grab.

Basically my problem in sens is that the second one will interfere with the fight and shoot lighting at me. I cant kite them and the closest one can hit me through the walls. The one in Lost izalith just seems to be uber powerful.... My lighting Uchi barely scratches him and my furysword even less. sad

Please gimme some tips on these.
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Gaah! Darn tite demons!

Post by Imarreteet23 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 am

Well, if you mean Sen's specifically, then get the rusted iron ring or you're screwed. If you mean in generall, then i find an effective strategy to be: Wait for lightning attack, chip away, run away again, reapeat. It works because they are quite vulnerable while using the lightning. Also, roll. A lot.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 am

You have four options. (1). Get a high stability shield and block all the time, chip away at them. (2). Learn their attacks, when to dodge them, and how to trigger their jumps, which leave them open for a few seconds. (3). Ranged attacks. (4). Run past the one in Lost Izalith, ignore the two in Sen's Fortress. For all but 4, use lightning weapons if you can. Chaos pyromancies are good as well.

Addicted

Post by White Mamba on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:57 am

I try to stand in between the missing leg and the tail, the right side I think. Just attack flat out then roll away when they jump and repeat. Almost all of the attacks miss at that spot I am pretty sure. The one on the bridge in Izalith is the hardest for me, it always knocks me off.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 am

You can run past the one on the bridge in Lost Izalith but you have to time your run right. Equip the Ring of Fog and light armour. Even so you may still get flattened but if you're just going for the boss fight it's a time saver. If you want to take him out, then a ranged attack is best. Again equip RoF and get as close to him as you have to in order to lock on. Then use either magic or a bow. I used my Divine Avelyn +10 and/or Great Lightning Spear or you can use a Long Bow if you have the Hawk Ring. The main thing is not to rush it. Hit him a couple of times, disconnect the lock on, then run back and take cover behind the wall at the other end. This way you should be able to avoid being hit by the lightning attack or his jump attack. Patience is the key here.

Last edited by SlakeMoth on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 am

White Mamba wrote:I try to stand in between the missing leg and the tail, the right side I think. Just attack flat out then roll away when they jump and repeat. Almost all of the attacks miss at that spot I am pretty sure. The one on the bridge in Izalith is the hardest for me, it always knocks me off.

Yeah that one... He's on steroids, compared to the others.

At least he drops 2 Demon Titanites..

Post by Nimidar on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:52 am

Yeah i guessed he was stronger then the others. My problem is his grab attack, and his extremly high HP. But i might come back and take him out later then when i have upgraded my lightning Uchi a lill more. I ran out of chunks. Have'nt actually bin to new londo yet, ever. Are there any other ways to farm Chunks besides the darkwraiths?
    ShinDaiCero

Post by ShinDaiCero on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 am

I tend to Stick as close to T-demons as possible, Just because after blocking the first two swings of the catchpole I use the time he misses on the third swing to Iron Flesh, Then its just block and chip away. But i have to agree the Lost Izalith demon is hard to kill but I do find it does not use the Grab attack as much as others.

Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:21 am

In sen's....good luck. Two at once is worse than most bosses but the tips above suffice. SlakeMoth is right on for Izalith. Black bow + feather arrows + hawk ring = non aggro kill. You're on NG so if you've upgraded your bow now is the time to farm titanite chunks from him. The number of arrows it will take is not prohibitive (until NG+) and you do get 2 from this guy. Plus, the possibility of a catch pole.

PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 am

White Mamba wrote:I try to stand in between the missing leg and the tail, the right side I think. Just attack flat out then roll away when they jump and repeat. Almost all of the attacks miss at that spot I am pretty sure.
    This.
    Don't be afraid to run at them. You need to get inside of their attacks. There is a little safe zone there behind the demon's left arm, though it it prone to make him jump in the air to reposition, so always keep enough stamina to roll if needed.

A note about their attack pattern, that you may or may not have noticed:
    When they attack with a swing (either the super long sweep or the short one),, they'll only follow-up if they connect with it, whether or not you blocked it. If you are running for the safe spot and have to block a swing en route, expect the follow-up and lower your shield to recover stamina until the attack starts. If you are close enough, you won't get swatted by the pole's sweet spot, and will be able to get in some good hits while he whiffs with the third, slowest attack.

Oh, and in Sen's, don't chase the first into the aggro range of the second. If he retreats, be patient and stay out of his way until he comes back to you at the end of the room.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 pm

I use soul spears for Int builds, lightning spears for Fth, and pyro for everything else.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm

They're invincible on NG++

Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 pm

the one on the lost izliath shortcut bridge does have significantly more hp. i just wear crown of dusk and spam pyro it takes all 8 gc with a maxx out pyro glove with crown of dusk you might have 1 or 2 extra casts.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:12 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:the one on the lost izliath shortcut bridge does have significantly more hp. i just wear crown of dusk and spam pyro it takes all 8 gc with a maxx out pyro glove with crown of dusk you might have 1 or 2 extra casts.

Don't forget the bellowing dragoncrest ring

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:25 pm

bewary of the bp titanite demons that show up in sens when you get gravelord cursed. THE HORROR!

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 pm

My first time through sens the demons would gang up on me so I went a bought 99 fire bombs and lobbed them at the first one from the bridge, cheap tactic I know but it works. After that the second is cake.

PSN Shubgoaroth

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    Nimidar

Post by Nimidar on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 pm

the first two demons down there is dead already, im talking about the two in the other room wich u cant see from the bridge. And thank you all for the tips =) I will get them eventually!
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Nimidar wrote:the first two demons down there is dead already, im talking about the two in the other room wich u cant see from the bridge. And thank you all for the tips =) I will get them eventually!

Those two are tougher than the first two. You should be able to kite the first one w/out aggroing the 2nd though.

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:30 pm