Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Lancelot
Federally
JoeBroski09
ublug
Spurgun
Tolvo
TehInfamousAmos
skarekrow13
DoughGuy
15 posters

That darn crow

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

That darn crow - Page 4 Empty Re: That darn crow

Post by DoughGuy Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Oscar got in. There is a video with a picture of him inside. Joe why does Tarkus dying outside the PW mean he didnt make it in? Its very likely he got inside, but was mortally wounded by Pris and only managed to just escape and died outside the PW.
    It wouldnt make any sense for Oscar to have removed his armour and put it on anothe rbody lol.
    I just posted my theory for Tarkus. I didn't know Oscar got inside, but that's why I was saying "I don't think so, but I'm not sure." And, I guess Tarkus could have gotten mortally wounded, but, I wonder how we get a Homeward bone when we get out, and if there's meaning to that.

I believe the homeward bone when we get out is not only a gameplay addition (Because you can just walk to the Darkmoon bonfire) but a lore one as well, and that it implies that you are safe once you get out and can quickly take refuge. And the fact that tarkus didn't get that means, to me, that he didn't make it in in the first place.
    Well firstly its very likely gaemplay only. And secondly even if Tarkus received one there is no guarantee he was able to use it before he died.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I didnt know about that darkroot message.
    Tarkus's positioning makes it look like he crawled out of the painting into the corner to die, not being killed by the guardians mid fight. Also the fact there are Berenike knights in the PW, knights who Tarkus likely led or worked with, shows the doll isnt the only way to get in and Tarkus probably got in with said knights.
    I forgot about the Berenike Knight in the PW... Hmm. Also, I believe it was PlasticandRage that did the experiment to find the Seek Guidance clues left by Oscar. I do remember reading a thread about it. I thought you covered it in your thread.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

I thought it was Tolvo lol. In any case I was involved in a thread on it but I dont think that one was covered.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 pm

TheLolrider wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:It wouldnt make any sense for Oscar to have removed his armour and put it on anothe rbody lol.

I wasn't suggesting that, but something bothers me about the fact that we kill him in the Asylum yet we find his armor in Darkroot. I mean, even the armor itself says he died in the Asylum.
    We also kill Lautrec and then find his armor upstairs in Anor Londo. There are different universes, and the one we find the body of another's is the place where they died in their universe, thus ending their interaction with ours. Ever notice how you only find the bodies after you've killed them or they were killed by something? They die in your world, and they also die in their world by something else. Once they do that, their body shows up, even if they died in your world at a different location.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Oscar commits suicide, he comes back as hollow. You kill him as hollow, he coems back as a hollow, makes his way to darkroot and perishes completely. Hell it doesnt make sense for Oscar to ever die anyway since he should just go hollow over and over again, but the armour you find belongs to him so it must be his corpse.
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm

TheLolrider wrote:If I remember correctly, the Undead Asylum is in Astora. I remember hearing that somewhere, or something that alluded to that.

The crow as Velka is an interesting idea, but I would think it would have a more major role if it was. The fact that the doll is in the Asylum is circumstantial. Now, if the crow took you directly to the Painted World, then we'd probably have a lot better evidence.

How is taking the chosen undead out of the asylum and into Lordran not a major role? Think you're missing the point.

Furthermore, remember that she is the Goddess of sin. Priscilla is a creature that the Gods fear, and even the Gods sin. Thus, by giving the chosen undead access to Priscilla (via the painting), Velka can punish a variety of different sins. It can be either punishing Priscilla who was born from some sort of sin, or maybe Priscilla can be 'released' in order to punish the Gods, or even the chosen undead can be punished by what resides in the picture. From more than one perspective, and in more than one subject, Velka's ( as a crow ) alleged involvement makes sense lore-wise as far as I'm concerned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm