Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Extertionist
Carphil
User
befowler
Azran
White Knight Wulf
Xacktastic
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
Uparkaam
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
18 posters

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 8 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:32 am

You must really hate blue red. Its everything blue is with reverberate and lightning bolt.

I never see any mono blue at friday night magic, just blue black destroy and blue white bite me.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 8 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 am

^This. Pretty much describes my experiences. I see plenty of nonblue decks as well though.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 am

no it was just n example they play every counter possible...and blue red doesnt give me as much trouble as the others do
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 am

Hah, you haven't played the deck I co-created with my roommate. Red mana spam and snapcaster is so freaking crazy. It can quite easily play 1 shock and hit 3 or 4 times, or gain control of every creature the enemy has at one and roll them with with them.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 am

Blue white tends to be the best, followed by blue black, and recently blue red hasn't been half bad. Blue is pretty easy to work with in regards to building in standard. There are usually only so many cards you want to use.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am

Nearly all of my decks play blue, but none of them is monoblue.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 am

White and red are actually my most common. Blue white, red white, green, green black, another red white, all 5, red blue. thats 7 in total, 4 use white, 4 red, 2 blue, 3 green, 2 black.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 am

I went to a local tournament tonight, went undefeated until finals, and lost in the finals. The winner was a new guy who played RUG Birthing Pod. He defeated pretty much all of our best players. He was a great player in addition to having a good deck though and he was also a really cool guy so I have no complaints. The best man won and we had a good and close game. He is the first person to ever beat me after being hit by my Mirran Crusader enchanted with Angelic Destiny (12 damage); he bounced it killing the aura, bounced it again later, and performed a beautiful bit of mtg in which he took me down by causing Huntsmaster of the Fells to flip. He had 4 life left in the end but what mattered was that I had 0. It was an amazing game.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:51 am

So there's like this new card called Omniscience, and like, it lets you play things for free.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:08 am

Link to it?
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:16 am

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/201
    My avatar describes how I felt when I saw it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 am

lol at 10 mana its never gonna see much tourney play. And in casual its not overpowered since ten mana cards are either turn 15ish when all the gamewinning stuff comes out/you have mana to pay for everything or you're a mana acceleration deck with it out turn 5 in whihc case you dont need it anyway.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 am

I know it's highly impractical but I think it's utterly awesome. Think of it's potential in a mana ramp deck with tons of big baddies to boast. I mean, if you devote half your deck to mana ramp to get this out and the other half to ridiculously expensive cards then things could get interesting pretty quickly, hell, throw a Gleemax in there.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:36 am

Yeah if you used those non coloured 15 mana things (Elzarel or something) it could work.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 am

dough is right its strong but highly impractical in most formats usually by the time u have that much mana the game is either over or the card is unnecessary
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:24 am

Yeah I was shocked when I read it and though of the excessive possibilities of ..... well stuff.

Then I saw the mana cost and my excitement died like a 1/1 green saproling token when it faces a Phyrexian Colossus without back up.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:20 am

It will get banned from EDH. Just like Griselbrand already did.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:59 pm

I play red mainly, not mono red though.

I want to make a Red-black-Blue Vampire deck with my trump card being Blood Tyrant.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 am

DoughGuy wrote:Yeah if you used those non coloured 15 mana things (Elzarel or something) it could work.

The Eldrazi. I had a whole discussion with a friend who is obsessed with this card. As Uparkaam said it will get banned from EDH which is pretty much the only format I could see it being really good in. Nobody will make a deck around it though because one Naturalize or similar card and your entire plan just went out the window.

Also Battle of Wits .... Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 8 2707236321
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:22 pm

If I pick that card in the prerelease... I'm so going to make a deck for it. All the cards from the six boosters and the rest is going to be a sh*tload of lands.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:36 am

Somebody made a Lost in the Woods deck during the Pro Tour Dark Ascension. Just Lost in the Woods and a lot of forests. Scary part is it actually sort of worked. Sort of.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 am

That deck needs a few Wood Elementals as a win condition.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 am

As interesting as that would have been it was Innistrad Block format. It was more than a little amusing until people remembered Naturalize and Ray of Revelation which did away with that plan.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:17 am

I will breath life into the mtg thread once more! I will link lore articles to get people talking. This. Thread. Will. Live.

Odric, Master Tactician

Krenko, Mob Boss

These are interesting articles so discuss them. Please. Don't leave me all alone in my obsession...
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 am

lol srry i was away from this thread so long guys. oh sun ive almost have the wolf deck finished just have to get a few more cards. played a match with it a few days ago and it worked well for being incomplete

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 am