Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Extertionist
Carphil
User
befowler
Azran
White Knight Wulf
Xacktastic
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
Uparkaam
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
18 posters

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 6 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:39 am

i guess i'll leave it out for now might find better stuff to use. oh i been meaning to ask sun mind if i drop u a friend request on xbl?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 6 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:59 am

Experimentation is the best way to perfect a deck. Edit, playtest, and then decide what stays and what goes. Yeah sure go ahead and send me a friend request I'll accept it when I'm next on.

In other news I'm making a prototype for an edh deck and it's not easy or cheap for that matter. The total to buy everything in my deck right now according to tapped out is around 600 dollars. I have some of the cards I need but still building a good edh deck isn't pleasent for me or my wallet. Unfortunately certain cards are musts in an edh deck and those tend to be a little pricey. Of course I won't be buying my cards if I can avoid it but assembling this deck will take some doing on my part.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:43 am

alright cool ill drop you one later, and yea edh can get pricey to say the least
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 pm

I'd like to know what you guys think of my Niv-Mizzet EDH: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-mind-made-of-fire/

It's probably my most valuable deck at the moment. I've had it for a while now. It's decent, I think. At least I like it.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 am

yea ill leave that one to sun i dnt play edh so i cant really give any advice on it
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Uparkaam wrote:I'd like to know what you guys think of my Niv-Mizzet EDH: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-mind-made-of-fire/

It's probably my most valuable deck at the moment. I've had it for a while now. It's decent, I think. At least I like it.

Hmm I'm not that experienced at edh myself so I may not be the person to ask either but I must say for being edh your deck has very few creatures. I understand it is supposed to be control but edh is very creature heavy. Of course I play creature heavy decks any ways so perhaps my opinions are a bit skewed. Also in a multiplayer edh match everybody would gang up on you as nobody like counters which you have a lot of. This isn't a reason to change your deck or anything just an observation and warning of sorts.

Edit: Your deck is very dependent upon your commander which isn't necessarily bad as he keeps coming back but if your opponent keeps him out of the picture then you could have some problems.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:07 pm

So I was using Tapped Out and got this: https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/52/41/67/tapped10.jpg

Perhaps I'm just odd but I found this hilarious.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm

My playstation can't run the site, but if your Niv mizzet edh doesn't have a good 9 ways to just win with only niv mizzet and 1 other card on the field, its probably not done right. He's so broken as a general its not even funny. Sharoom is too.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Hmm I dislike decks that have no fallback plans. His deck is very counter heavy and has decent draw power. However until he gets Niv out he probably won't be doing much.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, Niv-Mizzet is about my only way of winning. He's my most powerful card, but he's also my biggest weakness. If I lose him (if he's put in the bottom of my library for example), I might as well give up. That's why I try to protect him with all those counterspells.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

As long as you keep him protected and keep drawing you should be fine.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 am

Uparkaam wrote:Yeah, Niv-Mizzet is about my only way of winning. He's my most powerful card, but he's also my biggest weakness. If I lose him (if he's put in the bottom of my library for example), I might as well give up. That's why I try to protect him with all those counterspells.

i understand the want of your mechanics but as forum said its always a good idea to have a back up plan...if you could make him hexproof some how you would be ok but its very risky either way. you just need to watch your opponent and keep counters in your hand for wen their needed. oh sun ive almost finished the wolfie deck and made some adjustments and its looking decent...dude did you noe wolfir silverheart is worth like $8 WTF
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:13 am

Those wolves barely look phyrexian. Where's all the black blood, strange tubes, pseudo steampunk machinery, skull iconography, and horrific spikes?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm

there werent any good phyrexian wolf pics that i liked but you noe u love them their just adorable n u noe it dont hate on the cute man
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:37 pm

2/10 would not save.....
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Wat?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 am

Hey guys I'm drafting up a Rafiq EDH. I got some input on Tapped Out but I would be grateful for additional input: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rafiqs-exalted-march/

The major themes here are multicolor and exalted. It's also rather aggro for an edh deck; old habits die hard I suppose. I do love my aggro.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 am

Mines Golgari themed. Savras the general. Sacrifice my stuff for power, use the leftover power to revive it, repeat. I stay under the radar untill I'm ready to strike, but then it gets out of hand really quickly.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 am

Cool. The Ravnica guilds are always interesting. Have you seen the new Izzet League vs. Golgari duel decks? Apparently the Izzet's quest for knowledge took into the Golgari's undercity. Most unwise....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 am

Yeah I have. Really want it. Sadly dredge doesn't fit well in my actual deck, but the theme is the golgairs life through death views. Its an infinite cycle if its done right, it can win on turn 5 in a couple different ways if I'm lucky. Otherwise it just defends itself and gains 1or 2 life here and there until its grown enough to start its cycle. sanguine bond and exquisite blood is such a cheap way to completely turn around a losing battle.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 am

Honestly I drift towards more straightforward decks. Like aggro. Though I do like having a few instants in my back pocket. For example my white human aggro has Faith's Shields which most similar decks don't. That one mana instant has quite literally won me games before.

My EDH is Bant based as you can probably tell. Once again it's rather aggro but thats my style. Exalted is amazing when used properly and I have a few cards in there that give additional benefits to a creature attacking alone. Now just add in Venser's unblockable ability and that can be fun. It isn't a win condition deck but it certainly can make win conditions difficult for my opponents to obtain. Aggro tends to keep people busy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am

Yeah, sitting on my destroys is a big part of living long enough to accomplish anything too.
    It doesn't need them to be busy, only not looking at me, so I use destroys to discourage attacking me.

My other deck is Bassandra. Still needs a lot of work, so I don't use it as much, but its essentially a lockdown deck. Make targeting me worthless, then force them to fight like gladiators while I watch. Its really funny to just control a battle field like that. Be a tyrant, lol.

I tend to play self contained though. My decks usually don't care what anyone else is doing as long as it doesn't stop me building.

I prefer flanking and battle cry for aggro. (a nasty combo btw) Zerg rushing things. I can see why exalted works well though, you'll always have defenders.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 am

Exalted stacks up brutally. Battle cry is also good but my deck is based around exalted which is kind of the opposite of battle cry. I do however want to play around with the new M13 legendary Odric, Master Tactician for both standard and EDH. He would benefit from flanking and battle cry. He is monowhite which would limit me a bit but the bright side of that would be my land base would be simpler.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 am

that dude is broke as hell man
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 am

Hmm whats that you have big scary army of creatures? Well I will just attack with Odric, Silverblade Paladin, Accorder Paladin, and Champion of the Parish. You can't block and you now have 4+6+3+8=21 damage with all abilities calculated in. GG buddy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am