Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DamageCK
reim0027
Ecko
JoeBroski09
Buggy Virus
Dubscythe
10 posters

What makes split damage so bad exactly?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

What makes split damage so bad exactly? - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes split damage so bad exactly?

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 pm

I wouldnt know joe silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What makes split damage so bad exactly? - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes split damage so bad exactly?

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Idk how it became either, but it probably was made up from some guy who plays WoW. I know it just came up from the early MMO era region thingy
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I wouldnt know joe silly
    I've watched almost every LP of dark souls on youtube. At least, the good ones hahaha!
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Great, this is going to drive me hollow.

Continue with previous conversation!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:36 pm

We call Oscar of Astora Oscar.

Even though no one says he is Oscar.
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 pm

What makes split damage so bad exactly? - Page 2 2707236321
    Lol really now? I think you've opened new doors for me kind sir.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:45 pm

So split damage isnt good because of the low values, but, what about Daggers because of their low AR?
    ie. Normal Dagger +14 with 40 Dex vs. Lightning Dagger +4 did similar numbers, does that mean that split damage ignores crit modifiers, (it doesnt change it from X -> Y then apply split, but rather X-> split-> Y?)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Yarxov wrote:So split damage isnt good because of the low values, but, what about Daggers because of their low AR?
    ie. Normal Dagger +14 with 40 Dex vs. Lightning Dagger +4 did similar numbers, does that mean that split damage ignores crit modifiers, (it doesnt change it from X -> Y then apply split, but rather X-> split-> Y?)
    he higher the AR, the more it'll overcome the defense. If they have the same physical attack, then the lightning will be better, because it not only has the same attack, but more with the lightning. But the dagger would be used because of the crit.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Guys doing the formula, dough and joe I think it might be advisable to use similar/the same movesets to test AR's ect simply to prevent some of the movesets having hidden variable's alternatively you could just note down the weapon type and if it is hard to come up with the formula try looking at the types
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:54 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Guys doing the formula, dough and joe I think it might be advisable to use similar/the same movesets to test AR's ect simply to prevent some of the movesets having hidden variable's alternatively you could just note down the weapon type and if it is hard to come up with the formula try looking at the types
    We haven't started today yet, we worked on it some yesterday, but I think we'll have to do our own tests.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Fair enough, I would offer my help but I am on the wrong system I wish you the best of luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm