Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
User
DxV04
6 posters

Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll

Poll

What day should we spread misery together.

[ 1 ]
    Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [56%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Poll closed
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll

Post by Federally Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Well my schedule is somewhat flexible so I could do it with non us time zones probably
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Victims of Fortune Pic a day Poll

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 am

Im flexible aswell and I will join you guys in your US time zones because most people are online during US peak-times anyways.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 pm

So, Darkness, do you think it is final for a decision of a date? The votes seem to push towards a Sunday... the closest is Friday, which is not by much.

Still, I am sure you ill pick a date soon.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:34 pm

ok Sunday it is. What time and for how long? Once that is decided we will start. Acidic, we have talked about sls before are we going to or do you think it is a good idea to set 120ish (+/-10) as the main level to curse? For xbox it really is the most active for targeting victims and PvP.

We can for example hold on occasion low level burg (like sl 11) or sl to area appropriate for research. Hmm maybe I am getting ahead of myself. Ok new thread up soon.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm

It depends on the location, Darkness. For example, trying to Gravelord as a level 120 in the depths is probably not as fruitful if we did it in 30, nor use the eyes in Sen's at 120, rather in 45-50 and 90. Depends on the location, a SL set for a different area is better than the fixed 120, Darkness. Organizations beforehand would better prepare people to different areas of Gravelording. Just take note in that, it will be better than setting at 120. Of course, some locations such as Anor Londo and others would be better for 120 or around there.

Food for thought, Vega.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Excellent Acidic, I am not very well in tune with the general soul levels of the different areas. So your input as well as the others as to what sls should be used in the different areas will be pivotal.

What about for the first few weeks do a Gravelord Tour of Lordran where we set level caps as we progress together through the game. For example: Burg we level up to sl 15 and then in two weeks we level up to the appropriate sl for the parish and so forth.

Arrgh I keep changing subjects haha.

But I am with you on this after all this is primarily for US Gravelord Servants to have fun. Do you have your own soul level per area or do you use the wiki's recommendation?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I follow some. I know that the Forest, it strays by a lot, so getting a good soul level for either Butterfly or Sif is non-negotiable. The Depths usually contain players of 20 to 40, so having a level 30 is best. Sif usually contains between 45 - 90, however the most common is 45 to 55, so having a gravelord near those levels would be best for NG, while for NG+ around SL 80-90 would be best. Anor Londo it is between 50 to 65, so having a level 60 would be best, as it is the most common level. The Archives is usually around SL 70 to 80. The Tomb of Giants and Lost Izalith are one of the most uncommon in soul levels, however both are similar to that of the Archives in terms of Soul level, between 70 to 80. The Flame spider is similar to Sen's, being around SL 35 - 55. The best bet for Blighttown is 45, IMO. Undead Burg and Parish are, well, unnecessary for Soul Level, as those are the most common in grieving, so soul levels starting to 25 would be best, if not 120 or higher. The catacombs strays a lot, and is hard to say. Sometimes it is level 30s to 50s, sometimes 70s to 80s... it is probably the most difficult to pin-point, as people go there are different times for different reasons. Painted world is best for 60 - 80, so SL 70 would be best.

I don't think I need to say much for Kiln, it is similar to Undead Burg and Undead Parish, except with less grievers in the soul level that is less than 20. Soul level 80 - 120 would be best for Kiln.

That is my opinion in the factors of Soul Levels... Ow, and the Four Kings is usually best between Soul Level 50 - 70, which is odd to say, as it is a HARD boss compared to other Lord Soul bosses, but it is probably due to easier access than the other areas.

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 pm

DxV I'm not sure how it is on the Xbox buy on Ps3 SL120 PvP is really concentrated in the Burg and its a nightmare to gravelord in. Everytime I tried I was usually invaded by a DW before i could even turn my eye on, and if I was lucky enough to activate it I was just bombarded with DWs.

On the other hand I really like the idea of starting new GLs together and taking them through areas together. I believe the Burg at low SLs will be a very similar experience to my SL120 experience for Ps3 users, but the rest of the areas should go well and be lots of fun.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Agreed Federally, I will test out the burg at the lowest effective level so when and if we do decide to do the Gravelord Tour we can start at that level. I have a PS3 and DkS so I test it myself. big grin

Acidic, I think I like your format and besides since the consoles are different once the Gravelord tour is done XBL sl can differ in certain areas from those in PSN.

With regards to going into sif I think at least on the PS3 a chat room can be made and if anyone has BPs and wants to move on to defeat Sif he can ask the others to put down WSS.

On xbox we will have to skype it.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:14 pm

I use skype anyways lol
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:26 pm

yea that is probably better anyway. big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:21 am

Well I'm looking forward to the "Gravelord Tour De Lordran", if you need any help setting it up let me know.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 am

Ive had terrible experiences in the Burg as a low level GraveLord on XBOX in the last couple of months with all the bottemless-box-Abusers..

I have not played Dark souls from Januari till March but It wasn't like that from October till December!

I like to start spreading misery when I'm at least at SL30 in The Depths., I will come back to The Undead Burg & Parish when I'm at SL120.

Most of the time , there are a lot of friendly SoV's & Darkwraiths in The burg at 120 on XBOX and it is pretty crowded there.

I mainly opereate at 120 in every area , though Acidic is truly right , the Catacombs and Sen's , for instance , are best to Curse when you are between SL30/50 and the Lord Soul area's on Xbox , either SL80 or 120.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 am

I love the Gravelord Tour idea! I know there are a lot of glitchers in The Burg, but Gravelords can start with a fire weapon as a reward for braving the Catacombs early, so that can help a bit.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:16 am

fearandwhiskey wrote:I love the Gravelord Tour idea! I know there are a lot of glitchers in The Burg, but Gravelords can start with a fire weapon as a reward for braving the Catacombs early, so that can help a bit.

It's also very easy to start as a warrior and quickly get the GLGS and the strength to 2 Hand it. I had some success against the BB glitching DWs with it, though I fought the SoVs with a morningstar or hand axe +2.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 am

Gravelord Greatsword; Better than a Box.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm

For our tour I'm thinking about making a character who's strong enough to use the gl sword as I always choose light weapons. It'll be fun!

(I'm still starting with my fire rapier, though.)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 pm

That would be a first.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 am

I posted this on the Gravesworn thread but I figured I put it here too:

I experimented on both the XBOX and the PS3 gravelording at sl 1 with a pyro build.

Of course I had on one had my handy chaos axe +5 in case I was attacked by an OP DW or SOV.

The results were great!!!! Plenty of SOV which I battered with a base spiked club purchased from the merchant in the burg. (make them bleed baby) I occasionally got a DW but very few.

I would switch to my chaos axe when I saw my odds against 3 or when I would get a DW. I also had an upgraded pyro flame for the DW or when I was out numbered 3 vs 1.

My plan is the following:

When we start the gravelord tour of lordran is to use a brand new toon at sl 1 pyro.

I will call upon the Nito's Harbinger of Destruction to deliver you 99 eods 99 humanity 1 fully upgraded chaos weapon or weapon of your choice and 1 fully upgraded pyro hand.

This is my plan for the first day of the Gravelord Tour of Lordran.

What do you guys think?

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Sounds flawless to me man

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm