Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
DoughGuy
Imarreteet23
lordgodofhell
Forum Pirate
Yarxov
Tolvo
Carphil
Mustaklaki
Serious_Much
Federally
Noob-of-Artorias
Uparkaam
Odinbear
17 posters

Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame? Empty Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame?

Post by Odinbear Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 am

The NPC invaders seem so lame and ez to beat. Kirk has to be the lamest. What hall think?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame? Empty Re: Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame?

Post by Uparkaam Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am

During my first playthrough I didn't know that they were NPCs. I thought they were actual players. I felt like a boss after killing Kirk for the first time.
    Later I found that he was an NPC... Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame? 1330857165
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame? Empty Re: Lamest NPc invader or are they all lame?

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue May 29, 2012 11:48 am

Yep, Kirk has to be the easiest person in the game to ROFLStomp.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

They don't scale with player level so its easy to show up higher SL then FROM planned. Show up to the Depths at SL30 with reasonable gear and a new players skills and Kirk is a *****. But I get what you're saying, though I don't think they're supposed to be that hard.

Now you MAY have a different opinion about the Demon's Ruins and Tomb of Giants invasions.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 am

I thought I was a boss after I killed mildred (I thought was a pro player because they wore no armour, lol), again NPC then i was just like, oh I'm such a dumbass..
    Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mustaklaki Tue May 29, 2012 12:03 pm

I was helping my friend at his house fight Quelaag and a good tactic is to fight Mildred than summon her, and I knew all along that it was Mildred and my friend didn't know what I was doing, and he was freaking out hardcore when it said somebody invaded and I'm just sitting there with a straight face laughing in my head
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Not at all. I died to King Jeremiah two times. Do you know, he has something like an invisible great magic barrier on, magic hits him for pretty weak damage, and all I had at that time was a divine claymore.

Leeroy is a pain too, invading at Tombs and spamming WoG or Grant special
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Carphil wrote:Not at all. I died to King Jeremiah two times. Do you know, he has something like an invisible great magic barrier on, magic hits him for pretty weak damage, and all I had at that time was a divine claymore.

Leeroy is a pain too, invading at Tombs and spamming WoG or Grant special

**** I forgot about Jeremiah! He is such a ****!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 29, 2012 2:20 pm

I remember actually the first time I fought King J he destroyed me.

"Oh another NPC, well I'll just...What is he doing with his hands...IS THAT A *** WALL OF FIRE, AAAAAAGHNANISNIGBNA!"
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Jeramiah goes down easy to me, same for Leeroy. On a new character Mildred gave me a run for my money though lol. Tried parrying the R2 a few times and missed every time.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Yeah, Jeramiah caught me off guard the first time and demolished me with cfs. Leeroy was only scary because of the enormous hammer on the small ledge.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Lamest npc is maneater mandread. I practice my parry with her often.

Jeremiah killed me I believe my first time through. Had been in painted world with empty estus after killing tons of undead and he pops up and handles me lol.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Dunno if these count, but the Forest NPCs are pretty hard when they all come at you at the same time.

Ironically, I also thought that they were real people, so I was like "Holy crap, I'm amazing at this game!" whenever I killed one.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 1:47 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:Dunno if these count, but the Forest NPCs are pretty hard when they all come at you at the same time.

Ironically, I also thought that they were real people, so I was like "Holy crap, I'm amazing at this game!" whenever I killed one.

Just wait till NG+. The bandit closest to Alvina with the battleaxe can kill my 150 in 3 or 4 swings and the thief can OHKO if he gets a backstab. If I'm on my game they're easy but as soon as I get in a rush or distracted they *** me up
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 am

I crappe dmyself when Mildred invaded the first time. I was playing offline so I had no idea what was happening.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 am

When I finally got invaded (I never played human) it was because I saw a tip for Quelaag (I got stuck on her..) that you can summon Mildred after you defeat her. I then defeated Mildred, summoned her, and got my butt kicked at Quelaag. Idk what it was about that boss, but she was just incredibly difficult for me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 2:08 am

lol yeah the first 3 times I fought her I summone mildred, lost 3 times and ran out of humanity. Tried hollow and won first time.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:10 am

I just could never beat her until I quit and came back a few months later with a friend. Then, the game was like 'You that THAT was hard?! Sen's, baby. Sen's.'
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 2:11 am

Not knowing there was a second bonfire was what made it hard. That and having no ranged ability at all.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:12 am

My only ranged was pyromancy on my 2nd character.... oh, and she was an int based pyro too
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:When I finally got invaded (I never played human) it was because I saw a tip for Quelaag (I got stuck on her..) that you can summon Mildred after you defeat her. I then defeated Mildred, summoned her, and got my butt kicked at Quelaag. Idk what it was about that boss, but she was just incredibly difficult for me.

It's fun comparing who struggled with what. I steamrolled Quelaag my first time meeting her, but it took me like 30 tries to kill Havel, I literally jumped around my living room celebrating it was pathetic lol.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:28 am

Federally wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:When I finally got invaded (I never played human) it was because I saw a tip for Quelaag (I got stuck on her..) that you can summon Mildred after you defeat her. I then defeated Mildred, summoned her, and got my butt kicked at Quelaag. Idk what it was about that boss, but she was just incredibly difficult for me.

It's fun comparing who struggled with what. I steamrolled Quelaag my first time meeting her, but it took me like 30 tries to kill Havel, I literally jumped around my living room celebrating it was pathetic lol.
    I did the same. A lot of people say they had trouble with garogyles. I got them like my second or third try. Wasn't too bad. Taurus demon was also a breeze since I saw the ladder before-hand.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah the gargoyles rolfstomped me repeatedly, it was enraging.
    Minorino
    Minorino
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Minorino Wed May 30, 2012 7:49 am

I haven´t een invaded many times yet, but when Mildred invaded I almost started laughing, I was like WTF is that supposed to be? She proved good against the BT boss though, taking some of the heat off, even if I think I would have beaten her alone in due time.
    Hardest boss for me so far (first playthrough, I´m at Sen´s now) was the gargoyles for sure, actually ended up summoning a player to help because it all seemed hopeless. Kind of wish I hadn´t, feels better beating bosses on your own.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 9:10 am

Mildred is a hoot! Charging you in a loin cloth wearing a sack? Come on doesn't get any better then that.

Luckily with your first play through you wind up hollow a lot and can avoid many invasions. Though on the topic of Npc invasions if you missed the invasion by Knight Kirk in the Depths go back there human and do it! He invades in the curse frog area and there's good reason not to skip it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm