TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Share
    avatar
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 984
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Canada

    TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Back Lot Basher on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:46 pm

    I'll confess I had never used this miracle before until a few days ago. This is my first Faith build. I remember hearing how overpowered it was, and also that it was nerfed by the patch. So, is the patched version really that useless, or am I just using it in the wrong situations? Opinions?
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by RANT on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:50 pm

    it sucks now cause its only 10 secs long, ive never used it but when people use it against me i just stay away from them and they just give up and dont use it again, it wasnt that overpowere as long as you ran away but now its just useless


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:51 pm

    its sitll powerfull...if you are a WoG spammer because the guy won't be bale to get away once you get close to him with that and start spamming


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

    Posts : 1722
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : IL

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Whknight on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:51 pm

    Had it used against me last night, lasted like 10 seconds and then he tried to cast it again and it got him killed. I had it used once on me pre patch and I used it myself PvE, was quite powerful due to time length.

    I look at it now as more of an escape spell, something to keep you from getting hit while you retreat to heal yourself really.


    _________________



    I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

    XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

    Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

    avatar
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 984
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Canada

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Back Lot Basher on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 pm

    Is it true that the miracle only effects your mobility speed, but not your attack speed? If that's true then I could see the validity in the post above, about it being used to slow someone down for a WoG cast.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Carphil on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

    useless for Pve, therefore is completely designed for the gravelord covenant pvp, you find it in catacombs, and by joining the gravelord you gain another miracle, which can be more useful if the enemy is slow


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm

    I've had people use it against me effectively in pvp, but only when I'm outnumbered. When you can't dodge effectively or run in a 2v1 situation, you're in trouble. In 1v1, it likely would be pretty hard to cast without eating a bs.


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by ChizFreak on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:15 pm

    It's good if you know how to use it, people say it's useless because it was OP before, now it's a lot harder to use effectively.

    Smart people tend to run when you cast it, but smarter people use it by surprise. If you do not use it by surprise, and your opponent knows exactly how the miracle works, then it's useless. Also be careful against people that "tank". Those guys wait for you to approach to stun lock you because they have a lot of poise and health and can take a lot of hits.

    With my high faith build, I use a lot of buffs. Here is what should do:

    Replenishment: Against pure phys.
    Great Magic Barrier: Against people who buff their weapon and Moonlight Sword users.
    Vow of Silence: Against pyromancers or sorcerers.
    Tranquil Walk of Peace: Against fast opponents. Just run to a corner to avoid get backstabbed and wait for them to approach, then cast it.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by BLA1NE on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 pm

    It's still annoying. I'll invade 3v1, then they start using TWoP... How pathetic. Impossible not to get surrounded in that situation.

    I hate that spell, it just goes against my values. When I fight someone, I fight them to the best of my abilities and theirs. TWoP is used to put your opponent at a handicap by taking away their mobility. And since all my builds are predicated on mobility, you've just gimped my build in order to tilt the fight in your favor. It's cowardly.
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 am

    BLA1NE wrote:It's still annoying. I'll invade 3v1, then they start using TWoP... How pathetic. Impossible not to get surrounded in that situation.

    I hate that spell, it just goes against my values. When I fight someone, I fight them to the best of my abilities and theirs. TWoP is used to put your opponent at a handicap by taking away their mobility. And since all my builds are predicated on mobility, you've just gimped my build in order to tilt the fight in your favor. It's cowardly.

    Well said, sums up how i feel about it.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:47 am

    well i guess high levels are not affected by this are we? if we get hit by TwoP we have WoG or enough vit to survive 10 seconds before dying

    on most cases


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"

    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Ash Lake

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Cloudrunner on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:10 pm

    Well, I use it to some effect during fights. In an organized duel, it's pretty hard to get the cast off so you really have to plan out its use. I don't usually try to spam WoG with it on (Spamming that spell really isn't as effective as people make it out to be, especially on smart players). I find its pretty effective in setting up the Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Just bear in mind you basically only ever get one chance to use TWoP before they catch on to it, which likely means only one good chance to set up the GGD as well. People complain about the faith spells a lot but really they're not THAT dangerous, especially compared to magic which tends to hit a lot harder, cast faster, and have far more charges.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 pm

    BLA1NE wrote:It's still annoying. I'll invade 3v1, then they start using TWoP... How pathetic. Impossible not to get surrounded in that situation.

    I hate that spell, it just goes against my values. When I fight someone, I fight them to the best of my abilities and theirs. TWoP is used to put your opponent at a handicap by taking away their mobility. And since all my builds are predicated on mobility, you've just gimped my build in order to tilt the fight in your favor. It's cowardly.

    Why you didn't run until the effect wear off? If your builds rely on mobility (like most of mines) stay away for 10 seconds shouldn't be a problem. I only got killed by TWoP users only if they use it by surprise and I'm distracted.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Carphil on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 pm

    After the patch I did not saw anyone using, they might use to kill newbies in places like the depths, because I do a lot of pvp in demon's ruins, duke's, Kiln, Painted world. No one has ever used against me. Diferent from WoG


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 pm

    Carphil wrote:After the patch I did not saw anyone using, they might use to kill newbies in places like the depths, because I do a lot of pvp in demon's ruins, duke's, Kiln, Painted world. No one has ever used against me. Diferent from WoG

    Lol WoG it's just a classic. Noobs spam it to me and I dodge every shot. WoG it's easy to dodge because you can roll sideways, as long as you're rolling when he casts the WoG you won't get hit. Most of the people have only 3 casts also. Use it by surprise, mixing it with melee hits, that's the way Leeeeeeeeeeroy uses it.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Ash Lake

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Cloudrunner on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:
    Carphil wrote:After the patch I did not saw anyone using, they might use to kill newbies in places like the depths, because I do a lot of pvp in demon's ruins, duke's, Kiln, Painted world. No one has ever used against me. Diferent from WoG

    Lol WoG it's just a classic. Noobs spam it to me and I dodge every shot. WoG it's easy to dodge because you can roll sideways, as long as you're rolling when he casts the WoG you won't get hit. Most of the people have only 3 casts also. Use it by surprise, mixing it with melee hits, that's the way Leeeeeeeeeeroy uses it.

    Exactly. Smart people can easily avoid it so trying to spam is is just a joke, unless you're ganging up on someone while you and your buddy chain stun with it (At that point it's less of a joke and you're more of an ***). However, it's the best spell in a faith build so people should learn how to use it effectively.
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:21 pm

    Cloudrunner wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Carphil wrote:After the patch I did not saw anyone using, they might use to kill newbies in places like the depths, because I do a lot of pvp in demon's ruins, duke's, Kiln, Painted world. No one has ever used against me. Diferent from WoG

    Lol WoG it's just a classic. Noobs spam it to me and I dodge every shot. WoG it's easy to dodge because you can roll sideways, as long as you're rolling when he casts the WoG you won't get hit. Most of the people have only 3 casts also. Use it by surprise, mixing it with melee hits, that's the way Leeeeeeeeeeroy uses it.

    Exactly. Smart people can easily avoid it so trying to spam is is just a joke, unless you're ganging up on someone while you and your buddy chain stun with it (At that point it's less of a joke and you're more of an ***). However, it's the best spell in a faith build so people should learn how to use it effectively.


    or if the lag is horrendous its nearly impossible to dodge because you'll roll sideways and you'll still be hit


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Carphil on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:39 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    Cloudrunner wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Carphil wrote:After the patch I did not saw anyone using, they might use to kill newbies in places like the depths, because I do a lot of pvp in demon's ruins, duke's, Kiln, Painted world. No one has ever used against me. Diferent from WoG

    Lol WoG it's just a classic. Noobs spam it to me and I dodge every shot. WoG it's easy to dodge because you can roll sideways, as long as you're rolling when he casts the WoG you won't get hit. Most of the people have only 3 casts also. Use it by surprise, mixing it with melee hits, that's the way Leeeeeeeeeeroy uses it.

    Exactly. Smart people can easily avoid it so trying to spam is is just a joke, unless you're ganging up on someone while you and your buddy chain stun with it (At that point it's less of a joke and you're more of an ***). However, it's the best spell in a faith build so people should learn how to use it effectively.


    or if the lag is horrendous its nearly impossible to dodge because you'll roll sideways and you'll still be hit

    I normally get hit in the first shot, but roll to avoid the next one, this should give me plenty of time to re-think my strategy, maybe if they see I dodged and try to switch the talisman, they open for me do a chain combo. Only smart people at Kiln that use the talisman on left hand and nothing more would give more trouble


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

    i always get hit twice most of the time

    thats is evading the damn thing

    i roll to the side to evade it and im hit out of the nowhere and my character doesn't stagger he does it again and i roll sideways again and the same thing happens


    i don't know if its for the fact that i am Brazilian or the fact that im playing with japaneses 50% of the stincking time :x :x :x


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Carphil on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:i always get hit twice most of the time

    thats is evading the damn thing

    i roll to the side to evade it and im hit out of the nowhere and my character doesn't stagger he does it again and i roll sideways again and the same thing happens


    i don't know if its for the fact that i am Brazilian or the fact that im playing with japaneses 50% of the stincking time :x :x :x

    dude I'm also Brazilian, and yes I have too much trouble with lag, but all we can do its to move on. Can't complain because it will be AWAYS like this. I know is a pain in the neck, but the only way they could fix this would be organized servers. But for us brazilians would be crap because there is not so many people here that play this awesome game.



    Btw your english is way better than mine, parabens big grin


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:55 pm

    thanks,learned it myself


    BACK on topic

    i agree we have to move on i still get fair matches every once in a while (or every once in a blue moon) so its not all that bad

    lagstabing its not the only problem

    what about chain backstab? which there is no way to evade whatsoever?

    or the great combustion insta-kill as soon as the guy gets up when he was backstabed?

    there's a lot of problems with the lag on this game but we can do nothign against it all we can do is play the game...and pray that we don't run into any PRO lagstabers



    off topic now

    i agree most braziliams don't like this game i don't know why but all of them seem to like COD more than anything :|


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"

    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Ash Lake

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Cloudrunner on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:23 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    i agree most braziliams don't like this game i don't know why but all of them seem to like COD more than anything :|

    lol I think he was mostly referring to being Brazilian and being paired with people from the US or Japan, which I'm sure lags significantly.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Carphil on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 pm

    Cloudrunner wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    i agree most braziliams don't like this game i don't know why but all of them seem to like COD more than anything :|

    lol I think he was mostly referring to being Brazilian and being paired with people from the US or Japan, which I'm sure lags significantly.

    You obviously didnt understand, but I forgive you.


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:01 pm

    regarding twop... does the stone sword effect version last longer? thinking about making a forest golem cosplay toon.


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 41
    Location : Greece

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Robotech on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 pm

    BLA1NE wrote:It's still annoying. I'll invade 3v1, then they start using TWoP... How pathetic. Impossible not to get surrounded in that situation.

    I hate that spell, it just goes against my values. When I fight someone, I fight them to the best of my abilities and theirs. TWoP is used to put your opponent at a handicap by taking away their mobility. And since all my builds are predicated on mobility, you've just gimped my build in order to tilt the fight in your favor. It's cowardly.

    imo you sir are wrong! i dont care what built you are, and i dont see the reason why i should respect your built at all. As long as you invade my game to kill me you are my enemy and i will use whatever i have available to help me end up bowing over your dead body. Imo pvp should be like use whatever you want, just bow at the start and the end of the duel to show respect, nothing else.

    Sponsored content

    Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 pm