Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Leeroy_Jenkins
Shkar
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Buggy Virus
9 posters

What Makes beings in Dark Souls gods

Sentinel of Lightning

What Makes beings in Dark Souls gods - Page 3 Empty Re: What Makes beings in Dark Souls gods

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Wed May 23, 2012 5:54 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the item description. I guess Lautrec is on the same mission the Darkwrait.hs are on. But still, he's doing it for a God. Maybe its just for the humanity instead of Humanity.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What Makes beings in Dark Souls gods - Page 3 Empty Re: What Makes beings in Dark Souls gods

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed May 23, 2012 7:42 am

I find it interesting that Lautrec holds 5 humanity on him... which is also the same amount a fire-keeper soul yields. I think he may be on the chosen undead quest, like everyone else, but is killing fire-keepers to obtain their humanity and prevent his hollowing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 am

I always wondered more if Lautrec felt betrayed by the gods. Remember he was/is a follower of the god of love, he forsook everything in life for her and poured every thing about himself into her. He even wears armor that shows his want to be loved, that he feels he needs to have hands wrapping around him in an embrace. This sort of always painted Lautrec as this very lonely man who is like a spurned lover, possibly trying to take revenge on Fina through the other gods. Maybe he was locked up and lost contact with her and couldn't feel the "Love" she had for him. We don't know how old he is as he could be undead and no longer age. He could have been in there for hundreds of years, a man who wishes for the love of another only meeting nothing but cold stones looking back at him as those wrapped arms around him remind him of what a human being felt like.

This is all just a personal thought of mine that I of course can't support, but still I do feel it is a perspective that should be voiced.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 am

Good to see you back in the archives mate. Killing firekeepers wouls also weaken the gods and he could be in anor londo to kill Gwyndolin or Gwynevere.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Since you find him nearer to Gwynevere far past Gwyndolin in the course that is taken in Anor Londo I would think he would want to see her unless he doesn't know he is there or already killed him most likely the latter.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 9:34 pm

I believe he may be in dark anor londo though Id have to check again.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I believe he may be in dark anor londo though Id have to check again.

No you are right, Lautrec's Anor Londo is Dark when you invade.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Wouldn't that just mean he killed Gwynevere...Unless killing Dolin turn it dark idk I havn't tried killing Dolin first?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Leeroy_Jenkins wrote:Wouldn't that just mean he killed Gwynevere...Unless killing Dolin turn it dark idk I havn't tried killing Dolin first?

Given his state of mind it is quite possible he did both.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 11:08 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Not really. Her ring says she fled to Carim, Fina is from Carim. Goddess of sunlight isnt that far from favour and protection. Its entirely possible.

Technically, her ring never mentions Carim. It just says she fled Anor Londo with "many other gods".

Speculation is all good and fine, but you still have to be able to consider other possibilities happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:44 am