Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
WyrmHero
DarkW17
Forum Pirate
cloudyeki
Quarik
GkMrBane
FruitPunchNinja
Federally
PPG-3-
mugenis4real
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
Rynn
17 posters

Tranquil Walk of Peace.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Tranquil Walk of Peace. Empty Tranquil Walk of Peace.

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 6:57 am

I've seen a good use of this skill before, but I've always been curious on how others would feel if it happened to them. Occasionally, I'll be on a char designed to use the Balder Side Sword, or another such weapon designed around dodging, and the person I'm fighting will cast TWoP, and instead of backstabbing me, they will run up and actually take swings at me. I've always found this interesting, because while I'm perfectly fine with it, I've always wondered, if I chose to emulate the tactic, how others feel about the grey area that "honor" dictates with that use of the skill. Do you feel TWoP is not fair under any circumstances, or would this be one of those uses you'd be "oh... alright" about, much like I am? So long as it's not being used to Gank, or to get easy backstabs, I consider nearly anything to be free game, and I'm rather okay with people doing this.

You?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Tranquil Walk of Peace. Empty Re: Tranquil Walk of Peace.

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 18, 2012 7:08 am

My god if I found someone who did this I would love them and send them a pm thanking them no matter how the fight turned out. When used correctly TWOP is a perfectly valid method. You can use it to lock down a dodger or lock down a caster. Its just that it has a bad name since its used for BSing.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 18, 2012 7:22 am

Haha - I actually have a pike build that uses TWoP - It disables their ability to dodge my dash attack - I get more damage from the dash than I do from a backstab so I may aswell Dash - but it also gives the enemy a chance to parry it - but really I am fine with TWoP as a whole.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 7:28 am

I already have a 40/45/40/40 cosplay build available to me, so I slapped on the stone greatsword and have had a lovely time doing this tactic to people in the forest. Got parried once already! Nothing is funnier then a ganker trying to use TWoP on me, and having me cast it right back... Especially because if you try to BS fish me, the sword TWoP can be recast before you stand back up from the return backstab... so I get -really- easy chainbackstabs on gankers.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 am

TWoP is perfectly fine in my book happy

But then again everything is fine in my book :silent:
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Fri May 18, 2012 9:19 am

the only time i think it's not OK, is during 3v1 ganking sessions. I mean, I can do well during 3v1 but i need to be able to dodge. For 1v1, as long as its not soley to BS fish its a nice little spell. Very useful for tank builds.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 am

The only time Twop has annoyed me is the guys who use it as a precursor to WotG spam. That's the lamest tactic ever.

Otherwise Twop is just a lead up to you getting closer to me, and when your close to me there is a good chance you're gonna eat my chaos blade.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Well then I might start hitting my weapons R2 attack a bit more often. Thanks for your opinions.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri May 18, 2012 4:50 pm

i agree if you use twop in a duel i see nothing wrong with it. if you do the twop wrath spam, yea thats lame and takes no skill, but you can out run twop pretty easy which is what i do most the time.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri May 18, 2012 4:54 pm

I only use Twop when outnumberd or when the person im attacking wont attack and are just circle-ing for other invaders/Bstabes ect.

And forgot to add I dont use it to back stabe only for a frontal attack.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 pm

TWoP is easy enough to counter on a versatile character, so unless you spam sorceries/miracles/DS Bow, cast it whenever.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri May 18, 2012 5:16 pm

It's perfectly fine with me, because you open yourself up to retaliation. Parry, counter swinging, poise casts, it turns the fight into a slugfest.

I've actually seen something like that, where a host and a forest wraith both casted TWoP, crawled there way to one another and slugged each other with bkga's till they both died.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

mugenis4real wrote:TWoP is perfectly fine in my book happy

this. may be irritating but that doesnt mean its unfair. it only really hammers the dodge happy players and styles. do you have any idea how useless twop is against a good ugs user for example? it does absolutely nothing to them, they just swivel as they swing. 1h great swords do it to, and scythes can do their 2hr2 with great effect while twoped.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri May 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Ya I have no problems when its used properly like most have said just hate invading into 3 tanks casting it with a stone greatsword and ganking people.

Why would FROM make that weapon do the TWOP worst idea ever? At least make them waste points in faith to be able to gank with it IMO!

I love it when someone casts it on me then just tries to spam R1...parry time!!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Ya I have no problems when its used properly like most have said just hate invading into 3 tanks casting it with a stone greatsword and ganking people.

Why would FROM make that weapon do the TWOP worst idea ever? At least make them waste points in faith to be able to gank with it IMO!

I love it when someone casts it on me then just tries to spam R1...parry time!!
    I happen to use the sword, and it's weight and moveset makes up for the TWoP IMO.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:TWoP is perfectly fine in my book happy

this. may be irritating but that doesnt mean its unfair. it only really hammers the dodge happy players and styles. do you have any idea how useless twop is against a good ugs user for example? it does absolutely nothing to them, they just swivel as they swing. 1h great swords do it to, and scythes can do their 2hr2 with great effect while twoped.

Katanas also pivot quickly with swings, I don't even have to turn myself just lock and feed you my Chaos Blade!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 pm

LOL but I am sure you use it more than properly I have no problems at all with anyone using the sword or casting with it that isnt trying to 3v1 gank people. I more just hate that it gives gankers a easy way to use the spell if they had to waste 20 or so fth we probably wouldn't see it as much.

You are def right about it making up for the weight and moveset tho for sure that thing is a tank eh!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 am

oh in a 1v3 twop is terrible, but then so is any ranged anything. ever tried to dodge a claymore, a mlgs, and css all being spammed at once? its a death scentance, at least i can piviot parry the twop bsn attempts.

my point was that in 1v1 it cripples some styles but thats a good thing, esp if your using say a dgm against a dwgr pike user. twop is peobably the only way you'll ever hit anything. the pepole here complain about it because

a) everyone complains anything that gives them trouble (me included)

b) most of the active people here are roll, poke, repeaters so they're crippled by it.

c) it makes 1v3s even more difficult. (every spell does but twop cant be dodged so it takes more heat)

I will give it though, for all the complaints about gc, twop, and wog, why does noone attune vow of silence. its a long few seconds when your a caster and suddenly cant cast
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 19, 2012 3:50 am

Forum Pirate wrote:oh in a 1v3 twop is terrible, but then so is any ranged anything. ever tried to dodge a claymore, a mlgs, and css all being spammed at once? its a death scentance, at least i can piviot parry the twop bsn attempts.

my point was that in 1v1 it cripples some styles but thats a good thing, esp if your using say a dgm against a dwgr pike user. twop is peobably the only way you'll ever hit anything. the pepole here complain about it because

b) most of the active people here are roll, poke, repeaters so they're crippled by it.

c) it makes 1v3s even more difficult. (every spell does but twop cant be dodged so it takes more heat)

I will give it though, for all the complaints about gc, twop, and wog, why does noone attune vow of silence. its a long few seconds when your a caster and suddenly cant cast
    This times infinity.
    I also like using Vow of Silence, then using TWoP with my sword, it's a complete killzone.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 19, 2012 6:05 am

Forum my build will have Vow of Silence!!! I still can't test it as none of the players I fought in FC use magic but it's going to be awesome. Also +1 for that.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 am

Just had Tranquil Walk of Peace used on me for the first time.

I know why people hate it so much now.

EDIT: I was dueling someone who was using the DGM, I managed to get some hits on him while dodging his WotG's successfully. As I take some swings at him he uses TWoP and then just walks up to me and starts swinging. I'm not good at parrying so the duel was pretty much won as soon as he casted it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 19, 2012 6:19 pm

you wont be able to parry a good dgm user. he'll just dead angle you to death. as a dgn user myself, i'd recommend staying close. its risky but we use our weapon to force you back so we can buy time to cast or regen stamina, so if you deprive us of that time by staying close, we have issues regaining control of the fight. (the dgm is all about control, we're indestructable if we have it)

this is all assuming you're using a weapon other than a spear. if you use a spear just do the same thing you always do and hope you can close the distance when he uses twop.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon May 21, 2012 9:03 am

Forum Pirate wrote:you wont be able to parry a good dgm user. he'll just dead angle you to death. as a dgn user myself, i'd recommend staying close. its risky but we use our weapon to force you back so we can buy time to cast or regen stamina, so if you deprive us of that time by staying close, we have issues regaining control of the fight. (the dgm is all about control, we're indestructable if we have it)

this is all assuming you're using a weapon other than a spear. if you use a spear just do the same thing you always do and hope you can close the distance when he uses twop.

LOL Shield Jockeys/ Spear boys make me laugh cause their frustrating but I usually just poisin bow them & dung pie them then just stick nearby and wait for an oppertunity or wait for them to die. Since im a heavy weapon user I cant really reach them any other way with my weak medium roll.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

Forum Pirate wrote:oh in a 1v3 twop is terrible, but then so is any ranged anything. ever tried to dodge a claymore, a mlgs, and css all being spammed at once? its a death scentance, at least i can piviot parry the twop bsn attempts.

+1
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 am

i actually just made a vow of silence build. it seems like an awesome idea but trying to cast it when you see someone who looks like they will spam spells is tuff cause they will just bs you. even if you do it at the start theres a big chance of getting backstabbed. its just hard to use when you actually need it. it should be a faster cast imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm