Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Talisman/Covenant Question

neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Talisman/Covenant Question Empty Talisman/Covenant Question

Post by neon__noodle Wed May 09, 2012 1:15 am

I'm doing a Str/Fai build. It's my first faith build and I have a question. I am currently a sunbro, Praise the Sun , and loving it. After some research I have found that the Darkmoon Talisman is the best in the game. My question is: Is it worth to leave the sunbros, join Darkmoon, get the souvenirs just to get the talisman? I imagine it is but I'm being pretty lazy and just wanted someone to encourage my laziness or give me a kick in the pants and not settle for less.

Thanks Praise the Sun
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Talisman/Covenant Question Empty Re: Talisman/Covenant Question

Post by Whknight Wed May 09, 2012 1:34 am

You can find the forumlas here, but a quick skim through if you don't care about maximizing your build you'll be fine with the other options out there.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 09, 2012 1:59 am

you can get the talisman after offering 10 souvernirs then leave the covenant and you keep the talisman.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm

I just use Sunbro Talisman, I mainly use Miracles for healing purposes though (except Sunlight Spear and Wrath of the Gods)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed May 09, 2012 11:38 pm

It really depends on what you plan to take your Faith to and if you think a couple extra magic adjust is worth it.

Starting at 40 faith, the Darkmoon does indeed become the most powerful talisman, but not by much. At 40 faith the Darkmoon Talisman beats out the second best talisman (Canvas) by only 1 magic adjust. At 50 faith the Darkmoon Talisman beats out the second best talismans (Ivory & Sunlight) by 5 magic adjust.

As to your covenants, it won't mess up your Sunbro status too much if you leave for a bit to get the Darkmoon Talisman. When you rejoin your rank in the Sunbros will have been cut in half for having left them, but you can always co-op back up to full status happy
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Thu May 10, 2012 1:23 am

Ok, so I'm an idiot. I thought the levels on the left side of the adjustment chart were in reference to soul level. Now that I realize they are in reference to faith level, I'm just going to use the canvas talisman as I level up. I started as a cleric anyway. Thanks for all the advice! That was stupid. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:03 am