Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

covenant question

bedford
    bedford
    Casual
    Casual

covenant question Empty covenant question

Post by bedford Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 pm

can i join the forest covenant, kill the guy for DWGR, then imediatly join the chaos covenant? or do i need to absolve my sins in between? cause i read theres no betrayal punishments for forest covenant.

also, if i kill the leader of a covenant, and absolve my sins, is it possible to join back? ( mainly talking about chaos covenant since i want that firekeeper soul )
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

covenant question Empty Re: covenant question

Post by djgq42 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 pm

you cannot rejoin a covenant if the leader is dead (until new game+). if you want to abandon a covenant without aquring sin, you would use the same npc that abolves sin in the bell tower. otherwise you go on the darkmoon's hit list. hope that helps.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:30 pm

As far as I am aware you won't go on the darkmoons hitlist, unless you kill gywndolin, covenant sin just prevents you from rejoining. My advice, skip killing the firekeepers, the the difference between +4 and +7 isn't really that big, and if you don't have much VIT in the first place +4 will do just fine. Also remember you can jump into NG+ and you can pick up 3 of them fairly easy.
    bedford
    bedford
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bedford Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

if i used the 4 firekeeper souls from pickups, in NG+ can i use the same ones again to get to +7 so that i never have to kill a firekeeper?
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Whknight wrote:As far as I am aware you won't go on the darkmoons hitlist, unless you kill gywndolin, covenant sin just prevents you from rejoining. My advice, skip killing the firekeepers, the the difference between +4 and +7 isn't really that big, and if you don't have much VIT in the first place +4 will do just fine. Also remember you can jump into NG+ and you can pick up 3 of them fairly easy.

actually the wiki says otherwise: "Players can use the Blue Eye Orb to invade players who have sinned by betraying covenants". is that incorrect?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:37 pm

I jumped between several covenants at a lower level and never got invaded by a darkmoon, maybe I'm just lucky but I've never noticed it. All I really know is if you betray the Darkmoons themselves you are effectivly marked for invasion by them.

Yes you can reuse the pickups to get +7, after that they become fairly useless unless you want them for the +5 humanity.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Whknight wrote:I jumped between several covenants at a lower level and never got invaded by a darkmoon, maybe I'm just lucky but I've never noticed it. All I really know is if you betray the Darkmoons themselves you are effectivly marked for invasion by them.

Yes you can reuse the pickups to get +7, after that they become fairly useless unless you want them for the +5 humanity.

maybe there is some type of sin hierarchy within the covenant? i haven't been invaded by DM's nearly as much as when i was indicted.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:59 pm

I haven't killed gwyndolin in NG+ but i did make anor londo dark and now get constant darkmoon invasions. I have sinned though....
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Making Anor Londo dark is something different, though I wouldn't be surprised if you did get sin. It's basicly the same principles as the forest hunters, right down to the ring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 am