Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Glueguy
Whknight
Spurgun
7 posters

covenant rewards question

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

covenant rewards question Empty covenant rewards question

Post by Spurgun Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:10 am

if i join a covenant to get something (great chaos fireball) can i join it again in NG+ to get the same reward again if i left the covenant before going to NG+?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

covenant rewards question Empty Re: covenant rewards question

Post by Whknight Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:44 am

Afraid not, when you join a covenant and get a covenant reward it becomes flagged that you have obtained it on that character and it can never be obtained again.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:17 am

Whknight wrote:Afraid not, when you join a covenant and get a covenant reward it becomes flagged that you have obtained it on that character and it can never be obtained again.

i have also heard somewhere that if you BB glitch a character those stay flagged on the new toon, so if i have GCF on one toon and BB glitch it i can’t get GCF on the new toon?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:12 am

That is correct.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 am

damn i was going to save time by BB glitching but i guess i will just have to farm/upgrade everything again :roll:
    Glueguy
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Glueguy Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 am

hellooo wrote:
    Whknight wrote:Afraid not, when you join a covenant and get a covenant reward it becomes flagged that you have obtained it on that character and it can never be obtained again.

i have also heard somewhere that if you BB glitch a character those stay flagged on the new toon, so if i have GCF on one toon and BB glitch it i can’t get GCF on the new toon?

It should be noted that the one time I tried the BB glitch was to assess the validity of being able to obtain multiple rewards. I glitched over the whole dragon set (Eye, headstone, bodystone) Upon joining the covenant again I got them, the eye was placed on the ground as I guess you cannot have 2 of them in your inventory. I slowly moved it back to the fire (when you pick something up and can't it gets moved to under your feet) and then placed mine in the BB then picked the other one up.

So as far as I can tell from my ONE test, you can get the rewards again. Might care to note you cannot put spells in your BB so glitching should be impossible. I don't know how you could apply this for your personal gain. My BB glitch testing is over as I really do not care and won't be using it again.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:18 am

Glueguy wrote:
    It should be noted that the one time I tried the BB glitch was to assess the validity of being able to obtain multiple rewards. I glitched over the whole dragon set (Eye, headstone, bodystone) Upon joining the covenant again I got them, the eye was placed on the ground as I guess you cannot have 2 of them in your inventory. I slowly moved it back to the fire (when you pick something up and can't it gets moved to under your feet) and then placed mine in the BB then picked the other one up.

So as far as I can tell from my ONE test, you can get the rewards again. Might care to note you cannot put spells in your BB so glitching should be impossible. I don't know how you could apply this for your personal gain. My BB glitch testing is over as I really do not care and won't be using it again.

that sounds a bit contradictory, but i guess that since it is a glitch there can’t be many things set in stone.

i would have used the glitch to avoid having to farm to upgrade my weapons/armor, i wouldn't have tried to glitch GCF to my new character i just wanted to know if i could obtain it at all
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 am

Glitches have rules just like every other part of the game. You break the games rules, its a glitch, you break the glitches rules, you break your game. Remember how bad catching Misingno could go?
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 am

^I was just saying that this forum needs more pokemon references.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 am

I was wondering if it is wise to post what is and is not possible with the BB glitch. If it is found to be able to do more things, then that may convince more people to start using it :|
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 am

You can only get covenant rewards once. This includes the playthrough with the character that you glitched onto your new one.

We shouldn't go into detail about it, but frankly it's not able to do more things. I'm glad about it too, I almost wish the BB characters just wouldnt be able to get out of the Asylum or something
    Glueguy
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Glueguy Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Serious_Much wrote:You can only get covenant rewards once. This includes the playthrough with the character that you glitched onto your new one.

We shouldn't go into detail about it, but frankly it's not able to do more things. I'm glad about it too, I almost wish the BB characters just wouldnt be able to get out of the Asylum or something

funny you should say that. There is a bug where if you kill the estus guy in the asylum and you don't get to ng+ he stays dead when you BB glitch. HAHAHA a guy I was talking to online was SOOO mad about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 am