Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
WorldSlayerPIKA
GodOfPaperclips
TheAshenPhantom
SlakeMoth
Rynn
Federally
FruitPunchNinja
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Reaperfan
True King Doran
DoughGuy
Buggy Virus
Sunbro4evar
Serious_Much
Oniramkenobi
20 posters

This makes me sad

Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

This makes me sad Empty This makes me sad

Post by Oniramkenobi Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

So i made a new Charcter and decided to help out at the Taurus bossfight .
    After some sessions i get summoned by one that has high level gear (Black Knight and a Mask)
    Just as i wanted to leave (Since i KNOW he doesnt need help) he sent me a message saying "PVP" .
    I replied "At this low level ? I am only level 10"
    He "Howd u know ?" (i dont know what he wanted to say with this :?: )
    Before i got to reply he sent another one "im farming humanity"
    I replied " i know we are at a low level because you summoned me . And we have to be at close levels . And the best way to farm humanity is by killing rats in the depths . So you want to team up against Invaders ?"
    He " those might be the most effective ways to farm this is the funnest :3"
    I " So you want to team up against invaders . No thanks :3" and then i dropped him a dung pie and BC'ed out .
    After that there came another one "peace out girlscout"

I hope i dont have to clarify why i'm sad about this ...
    What has become of the Soul's community ?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

This makes me sad Empty Re: This makes me sad

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Well to be fair, on the flip side the guy was trying to farm griefers, but there's no reason he needed you. Should have just fought them mono eh mono (dunno how to write the phrase silly)

Still though, you did the right thing, really don't understand why he wanted you to help him farm when you have crap gear lol.

Also, it's not really how the community has "Become".. I've had the game since november and there's always been dirty players and griefers, but the latter and low level PvP action became more popular the longer the game was out, particularly at post 1.05. (BB glitch was improved, kinda)

Hopefully this trend will ebb away at some point, it's just ill gotten equipment and invasion used to invade and unfairly disrupt a fair player's game.. Hopefully those who partake will move on to the more rewarding and enjoyable parts of the online aspect of Dark Souls.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Dark Souls community has taken a turn for the worst. It's people that still have some code of honor that keeps DkS alive...
    sorta off topic: was there as much griefers and the like in Demon souls?
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Also, it's not really how the community has "Become".. I've had the game
    since november and there's always been dirty players and griefers, but
    the latter and low level PvP action became more popular the longer the
    game was out, particularly at post 1.05. (BB glitch was improved, kinda)

I am not talking about "dirty players" or "greifers" i dont really mind them . They can play the game the way they want .
    What really makes me sad is the insulting .
    I presented him a good way to farm Humanity and even dropped him a DUNG PIE (!) . And then he insults me for not playing the way he wants 🇳🇴 .

sorta off topic: was there as much griefers and the like in Demon souls?

Actually thats ON Topic ^^ .
    In my 1200+ Sessions in both US and EU versions of Demons . I have met two .
    Exactly two .
    So called griefers . They summoned people through Red stones and then 2VS1 them .
    So there WAS a change .

Last edited by Oniramkenobi on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I don't blame the community so much as the balancing in the game.

I don't blame from either, because this wasn't an obvious thing to see, but the problem is that the community is going to do the most effective things whether we think them honorable or not.

So the problem is how powerful players can be at low levels with gear that is super strong for low level people and being able to exploit that.

For their next game I hope they make it so you need to be a much higher level to use really powerful items, such as making weapons elemental also give them a minimum stat hike.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Buggy Virus that is not the Point .
    Its just the tone players talk to each other .
    There is no respect .
    And its not the first óne who insulted me like that .
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:30 pm

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Oniramkenobi wrote:Buggy Virus that is not the Point .
    There is no respect .

Meh, yeah, that's the internet for you.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Oniramkenobi wrote:Buggy Virus that is not the Point .
    There is no respect .

Meh, yeah, that's the internet for you.

Still i cant understand why someone would do that .
    I mean...you do know that you talk to other human beings ?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 pm

oh i see, well it's the invulnerability that comes from the anonymity of the internet. You can just say what you like to people for fun, destress whatever because nothings gonna change from you saying it. You are completely safe from consequence, at least important consequence on the internet.

It's the same sort of psychological effect as the mob mentality. Once singular identity and responsibility is removed from an individual, the darker, negative and more sadistic side of the human mind surfaces.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Serious_Much wrote:oh i see, well it's the invulnerability that comes from the anonymity of the internet. You can just say what you like to people for fun, destress whatever because nothings gonna change from you saying it. You are completely safe from consequence, at least important consequence on the internet.

It's the same sort of psychological effect as the mob mentality. Once singular identity and responsibility is removed from an individual, the darker, negative and more sadistic side of the human mind surfaces.

Bravo Serious .
    What a weak person must one be to act like this ?
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Serious_Much wrote:oh i see, well it's the invulnerability that comes from the anonymity of the internet. You can just say what you like to people for fun, destress whatever because nothings gonna change from you saying it. You are completely safe from consequence, at least important consequence on the internet.

Wow to have that put to concisely is pretty... well depressing. definitely going to use this wording when discussing how **** society is next time i'm drunk at a party big grin it's no fun if you're the only one upset with how crappy society is!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Oniramkenobi wrote:
    What a weak person must one be to act like this ?

Well, more so for the anonymous side of the internet, it's less likely, hence why you can get people on here who are still very considerate.

The mob mentality isn't as anywhere near much a result of weakness it comes from mass hysteria and peer pressure in addition to the anonymous nature of your actions. Basically stems from our animalistic nature in fearing rejection, specifically there from the group.

Take for instance the university fees riots in Britain, there were guys studying some difficult things going around breaking into and wrecking government buildings and attacking police, while normally they would never do that. (Sporting instances are more common though obviously)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Based on the direction the conversation's been headed, I feel this is somewhat relevant, and if not, at least it's still interesting to think about winking

It is disappointing that there are people out there who actively think it's fun to farm other players. As you said in the original post, it's less efficient than pretty much all other methods of farming in PvE so there's no reason to do it other than to cause grief to other actual people.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:08 am

serious, your majoring in psychology in Uni correct? if im remembered correctly you seriously have been hitting the books bet you have an A! big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:33 am

This is one of the reasons I've kind of quit playing Dark Souls online. It's just, so sad. At some point a genuine dark wraith is going to invade, probably having found the cracked orbs in firelink and wanted to try out PvP. And he's going to be griefed by a host and the cycle will continue. I really worry about the online community.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:serious, your majoring in psychology in Uni correct? if im remembered correctly you seriously have been hitting the books bet you have an A! big grin

No, that is incorrect silly

I'm not even at university this year, I'm on a gap year, I just know a lot of things which are pretty useless to me but are pretty interesting
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am

i agree tolvo,but I dont think its impossible to improve the dark souls community. in fact i think you and others in this forum have. heres my plan and i think others should try this also. I too pretty much gave up on pvp but giving it a second shot i found tons of trolls(12 wog is the norm) but a few people like my self scattered in the mix. heres my new rules for playing dks

1.Dont take trolls seriously(i know they can get under the skin so this is a tuff one)

2.Dont take the game too seriously(this game is not perfect and skill does
    not always mean youll win, so dont take loses personally)

3.If you come across players who seem honorable, invite them to have friendly duels.

4.Help out noobs by co-oping(i have been doing this more lately and its a good way to keep noobs from joining the dark side) just dont think you're helping by breezing through everything for them with an elemental weapon. they wont enjoy that.

5.Stay out of troll infested areas if you arent looking for those kinda fights(kiln,dark anor londo,forest,and unfortunately burg is getting there) it sucks you cant always play where you like but its not the end of the world.

6.Dont play just to win! this is a big one and i think some people might not understand it. This game is not balanced or fine tuned enough to be a truly competitive game, play it to have fun.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:49 am

Tolvo wrote:This is one of the reasons I've kind of quit playing Dark Souls online. It's just, so sad. At some point a genuine dark wraith is going to invade, probably having found the cracked orbs in firelink and wanted to try out PvP. And he's going to be griefed by a host and the cycle will continue. I really worry about the online community.

Well if this bothers you so much I don't see how you play any game online. The internet is full of trolls and griefers, even purely Coop games like Mass Effect 3 have tons of trolls. It's just the way it is and if you wanna be on the internet you have to deal with them.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Tolvo wrote:This is one of the reasons I've kind of quit playing Dark Souls online. It's just, so sad. At some point a genuine dark wraith is going to invade, probably having found the cracked orbs in firelink and wanted to try out PvP. And he's going to be griefed by a host and the cycle will continue. I really worry about the online community.

You mean like me? Every time I play I take those 4 cracked orbs and try to PvP in the Parish, usually with newbie gear that offers a completely even match. 3 of those 4 matches the player has electric weapons.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Federally wrote:

Well if this bothers you so much I don't see how you play any game online. The internet is full of trolls and griefers, even purely Coop games like Mass Effect 3 have tons of trolls. It's just the way it is and if you wanna be on the internet you have to deal with them.

I've actually been playing more Single Player games lately because of how all of the online communities have been going.

You should have seen the drastic shift on World of Warcraft, I think that was one of the worst shifts downwards in a community I've ever seen.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Federally wrote:
    if you wanna be on the internet you have to deal with them.

Again my point isnt the griefing itself .

Its the cowardly and pointless insulting that ticks me off .

I bet most of those people get bullied and want to release some anger without consequences .

FruitPunchNinja wrote:

*long*

2.Dont take the game too seriously(this game is not perfect and skill does

not always mean youll win, so dont take loses personally)

*longer*

You'd be surprised how easy it is to adabt these behaviors into Real life .

6.Dont play just to win! .
    I so second this !

Tolvo wrote:

You should have seen the drastic shift on World of Warcraft, I think
    that was one of the worst shifts downwards in a community I've ever
    seen.

The WoW community is much much larger that the Soul's games community .

I think you cant really compare them This makes me sad 3358384175
    But now i'm curious .
    What kind of change was there ?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm wondering if this is just because of how big online communities are getting, the two are probably related.

Alright, you get achievements and gear from beating bosses in WotLK. So, people would not let you raid, thus fight bosses, unless you had the achievements and gear. Meaning you'd have tons of players constantly being turned away and looked down upon for never beating the bosses, because they are constantly looked down upon and turned away for never having beaten the bosses. Basically, imagine if in Co-Op people wouldn't help you unless you could show them gear that came from the boss, as well as them going into your achievements and trophies and deciding if you're worth helping or not.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Tolvo wrote:I'm wondering if this is just because of how big online communities are getting, the two are probably related.

Alright, you get achievements and gear from beating bosses in WotLK. So, people would not let you raid, thus fight bosses, unless you had the achievements and gear. Meaning you'd have tons of players constantly being turned away and looked down upon for never beating the bosses, because they are constantly looked down upon and turned away for never having beaten the bosses. Basically, imagine if in Co-Op people wouldn't help you unless you could show them gear that came from the boss, as well as them going into your achievements and trophies and deciding if you're worth helping or not.

Wow that sucks .

Elitist that want to be "efficient" in a game thats supposed to be a MMOGame with players on every skill level . Well if they follow this logic long enough there wont be enogh new Elitists to play with and then they have to play with People "under their level".
    Own Goal This makes me sad 2707236321 .

This reminds me of something
    Once i dropped a Magic Longsword +2 to a supposedly new Player .
    He then sent me a message saying "Black knight or Lighning weapon"
    I was like " :shock: " and immediately BC'ed out .
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:45 pm

That's why I don't co-op in the depths any more. Every person I Co-Op'ed with down there just wanted gear from me, so now I mostly just stick to Anor Londo near the bonfire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 am