Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DoughGuy
JoeBroski09
6 posters

Character Lore

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Character Lore Empty Character Lore

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 am

Hey guys! I recently had a forum where I posted the beginning storyline of my character, and everyone joined in! And I thought it'd be really cool if we all posted our beginning stories, then as we continue our stories and continue to post in this forum, we can combine our stories.

Just one rule. Try not to change the stories of others. Be a phantom and interact, but it really is true that when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all. So interact with others' stories, and if they're ok with completely combining storylines, then go for it! The main point of this forum is to post our own story, and see how creative we can get with each other!

So, here's my character's story. Feel free to use her in your story, and I'll try to expand and/or continue with my own without you haha! That's the beauty. They'll all who we want to be, and we can even borrow from others!

Cindthia Jaeden. Exiled Female Knight of Carim presently. Serves under Velka. Despises Fina.

Quotes from Cindthia:
    "Fina is a God for those pitiful men who cannot get a woman themselves. They dream of the most beautiful woman, but they'll never see her. For she is shallow and manipulative. Men who follow her only long, and never are satisfied. Even humanity cannot quench their thirst."
    "Those who serve Fina deserve retrobution. Death is too easy."
    "I was banished for being undead. That is all."
    "I am but a lowly knight. Undead, at that. How would I ever become a bishop?"

Back story:

Cindthia
    Jaeden was born into the Jaeden family of Carim, a respected family of knights. Cindthia was the first and the only born, and her mother died at an early age. Her father is distant, and the closest thing to a friend she has is her trainer. He is the only bond she has, especially since she repeatedly turns down any man willing to marry her. The Jaeden estate is on the Fina side of Carim, and yet the family's history comes from serving Velka. After the chaos of the Gods ensued, Carim split. Selfish men of Fina took hold of half of her beloved country. Within this area, worshiping any god other than Fina is instant death. Fortunately, Cindthia's father's tongue is more powerful than any weapon she'd ever seen. Because of this, the Jaeden estate still stands, but who knows when Lord Lautrec the Embraced will change his mind.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:53 am; edited 3 times in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Character Lore Empty Re: Character Lore

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am

Another thing. I think it'd be cool if one way our characters combined was through speech. You could have your character say something, and you would quote it. The person it's pointed towards can then quote their character's response! Amazing, no?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:55 am

Oscar II of Astora, leader of the Noble Knights

A knight who has proved his worth in battle many times, Oscar the Second is now the rightful leader of the Noble Knights. Son of the undead Oscar the first, who long ago ventured to Lordran to complete the prophecy of the chosen undead, Oscar II is man of honour, boundless charisma yet a pillar of righteous fury. His exploits are legendary, already the leader of the Crest Knights. He has spent years hunting wyrms, the deformed descendants of the stone dragons. He eagerly awaits his chance to fight Seath and destroy the traitorour beast. Thus he is an expert slayer wyrms. In the last two 4 nations Knightly tourneys he has emerged triumphant without losing a single duel. When the east launched their attacks on Astora, after their high command was assassinated by the cowards Oscar rallied the knights and soldiers of Astora and led them to victory, singlehandedly planning the assault which crippled the East’s supply
    train starving the army into submission. When the Earl of Carim conducted his soul stealing experiments of Astoran citizens Oscar led the revenge attacks against his labs, wiping them out,
    destroying their research and saving the few remaining citizens. Now he at last turns his attention to Lordran, the land his father never returned from.

Never truly believing his father could be dead or have failed Oscar II seeks to find his father and succeed him if he has indeed failed. To this end he travelled the world gathering a host of knights unlike the world has seen before. The Crest Knights of his homeland were happy to join him in their full force. In Catarina the people were happy to lend him knights for his crusade, promising supplies and more knights as soon as they could send them. In Carim he spent weeks arguing with the Earl before finally reaching an agreement of payment for the knights sent. In Balder he gathered a few of the small number of remaining knights with the knowledge many Balder Knights resided in lordran and perhaps some of them were still not hollowed. The last followers of Berenike came to him begging to join in the hopes they could locate their lost lord. He gladly accepted their help. In Thorolund Allfather Lloyd happily lent his growing coalition a large number of cleric knights provided they were allowed to kindle the bonfires of Lordran and search for the rite of kindling. In Vinheim Oscar promised the scholars the opportunity to study Seath’s massive collection of scrolls in return for a contingent of Mage Knights. On the edges of the Great Swamp he met with those few pyromancers not considered true heretics and gained their trust, convincing them to come to Lordran with him. Here he also met a small group of Knights who idolised lost Oolacile and its stone knights. They, like the Berenike Knights, begged to join him so they could visit the ruins of Oolacile, the daarkroot gardens.

With knights from every corner of the world under his banner he christened his order “The Noble Knights”. At last they set forth across the sea aiming for Lordran. Glory awaited he and his knights, but heavy was his heart, knowing death awaited many more. Yet he would not stop. Until he found his father and cleansed Lordran of its evils he would continue fighting and leading his knights to victory.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 am

Awesome! That sounds EPIC. Like, Dark Souls made into a REAL movie haha! It's almost like the backstory could be the main story. Like, the first 4 seasons of a HUGE anime haha!

But what would happen if he met my character? She's going to meet Oscar at the start of the DK story, though she may not know his name, she'll know the quote he gives her. What would happen if she gave Oscar II the grave news of his father dying? Perhaps your character meets mine after she revisits the jail that kept her for years and is forced to kill undead Oscar? What would Oscar II do? Or do you not want our characters to meet?

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:12 am; edited 4 times in total
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:05 am

Zacar (Still trying to come up with a good last name)

A once noble knight from the lands of Berenike. He was sent to the lands of Baldur with a small handful of knights in an attempt to revive the kingdom from its plight. He lead them to those forsaken lands of Baldur where they made an attempt to regain it from the Undead only to have his men go hollow, and having to kill them. Failing in his mission he wandered the lands, first arriving in the lands of Astora of which he met a knight who taught him the ways of praising the wonderous sun. But, unlike his newly found comrade, Zacar still had a taste for vengece on the souls that were damned, those who had sinned or gone hollowed. They made their way to Lordran where they seperated on seperate journeys. Zacar remains to help the innocent wanders who are in need of aid and to punish those who he finds have sinned and have becomed hollowed in order to reclaim his honor that he feels he lost on his mission to Baldur.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:13 am

@Joe check the pm I sent you lol. I think the idea is that when you make a char with a backstory they arent actually the chosen undead, they're more like one of the NPCs the chosen undead meets. So your toon wouldnt actually kill Oscar. Just wait till Viral posts all 3 of his here. Then we'll get a real story going. And his backstory ties in with mine.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:17 am

Azz-Nova: The mute, blind warrior of unknown heritage, he walks amongst the greatest of lords, but little is known of him. He cannot communicate in any way, and the only senses he has left are hearing, touch, and taste. None known where he hails from, or what path he walks, but he is unmatched in the art of defensive-offence, as those who know him call his unique fighting style. None have ever laid eyes on his face, nor has he had anyone he can call a friend, but he is known to many. The only things that are not clouded by contradiction about him is that he will defend the forest at all costs, no matter the risk. Thus, many assume that he comes from a forest of some sort, although none can agree on which. He does not answer to Alvina, but rather abides her, as they both share a common cause, though their motives are different. As such, he is a part of the Forest Hunters, but cannot call them his own.

P.S Hey, you chose the name I suggested for this thread. I contributed! Yay!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:21 am

Lol but Doughguy and all of my chars are deeply intertwined, or so Ive made them. Dough read the war synopsis in the other thread.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:14 am

Oenomaus, Doctore of House Carim

Oenomaus was born in the wrong place, with the wrong colour skin - he was persecuted in every way - he generally didn't respond due to his naturally reserved nature.
    Then that day came, the day he was given a choice by his master - Lautrec - "You can die, or you can live - bask in the glory of our arena - worm".
    Oenomaus instinctively said "Yes" - His first Arena battle was against a man known as Gannicus - they traded swipe for swipe, the only thing keeping Gannicus alive was his lust for glory - Oenomaus on the other hand had nothing to live for - Lautrec had put his children - wife - and even his beloved sister to death. The battle seemed to last an age, Gannicus' onslaught was relentless - How did Oenomaus have a chance against this God of the Arena - it hardly seemed fair. Always a cunning person Oenomaus realised the arena was made of sand and the wind was coming from behind him - he ducked under the slash that would have decapitated him grasping a clump of dirt.
    Gannicus now ridden with dirt in his eyes could not see Oenomaus - he had to rely on his hearing - which was distorted by the cheers of the crowd. Oenomaus slamming his hilt on the back of Gannicus' head awaited Lautrec's choice.
    Death.
    Refusing to put his opponent to death he was lashed 100 times - this was unpleasant but at least the man whom he now knew as Gannicus was still alive.
    In those months that came to pass Gannicus and Oenomaus became comrades and good friends - Oenomaus started adapting to this gladiatorial life and started thinking about there was a chance if he was to defeat 50 more gladiators that he would be given 1000 Denarii, Enough to leave this squalor ridden place.
    Unaware of the difficulties that he would come to face Oenomaus stayed reserved - he refused to use any of the female slaves - he let his feelings about Gannicus using them build up - until...
    At the peak of his prowess, he was chosen to fight the most fearsome gladiator of the age, Theokoles the Shadow of Death in the city of Catarina. However, this opponent proved too much for even Oenomaus' considerable skill, and he received near mortal wounds at the giant's hands. However, he survived longer than any other opponent to face Theokoles, which the spectators counted as a victory and allowed him to live.
    Oenomaus spent a year in recovery from his wounds he suffered from Theokoles in Pompeii. Before he could return to the sands, he was elevated to the position of Doctore by his master, a fact which caused the current Doctore - Opious - to challenge Oenomaus to a fight and be killed in self-defense. As he was dying, he told Oenomaus that he had taught him well.
    Oenomaus was hesitant about using his whip or having a commanding presence, but would grow into the role over the course of a few months. The first Gladiator branded under his watch, Crixus, would one day become Champion of Carim.
    Again there would be a match against The Shadow of Death - this time he would not be alone - Oenomaus had a choice of which gladiator to fight alongside him - he chose of course his arrogant friend Gannicus.
    When they faced the giant in arena, Gannicus' arrogance leads him to be bested and wounded in nearly the same way as Doctore was, and it is only by the efforts of Oenomaus, and Gannicus' last feeble stand that the giant is killed, athough Gannicus nearly dies from his wounds.

This is the Story so far - I am going to write more soon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:27 pm