Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
VMatrixX
Shkar
Ace Windu
Sentiel
Serious_Much
ClassicBlaze
FattyOfDoom
Azamuth
Major_kenny
Ashran
Jiub of Carim
15 posters

Someone Who Has No Lore

Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Someone Who Has No Lore Empty Someone Who Has No Lore

Post by Jiub of Carim Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 am

I'm interested in knowing something about a character in this game few ever talk about. He basically has no lore from what I'm seen. I'm talking about the Crystal Knight in the Duke's Archives. The one who wears the Crystalline Set. I know most people know nothing about him so I'm open to speculation. Personally I believe he may be a result of Seath's experiments. Any ideas?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Someone Who Has No Lore Empty Re: Someone Who Has No Lore

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 am

Uhm... I have a char who is getting now in the archives so i will examinate them and also the crystallized knight but im almost sure he was an experimentation subject.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 am

Lemme know what you find. His/Her armor's item description are not very helpful
    Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Major_kenny Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 am

since he appears right before the first time you encounter Seath (and he is invincible) he probably is one loyal servant of him. Maybe Seath needed to buy some time with his servant in order to remain invincible, it's just a theory, but I bet he was a trusted servant, since he was so close to Seath's location.
    Azamuth
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Azamuth Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Okay, I was checking the armor's resistances, and since it has no Curse resistance whatsoever, he could indeed be a loyal servant of Seath's. But I have a secondary theory, that he was actually another undead on a mission, but he became hollow after he gave up hope of defeating Seath because he couldn't do it.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Azamuth wrote:Okay, I was checking the armor's resistances, and since it has no Curse resistance whatsoever, he could indeed be a loyal servant of Seath's. But I haven't a secondary theory, that he was actually another undead on a mission, but he became hollow after he gave up hope of defeating Seath because he couldn't do it.
    That's very possible . He is before the Seath battle that is impossible to win, though that still doesn't explain his crystal armor . I don't think he is one of Seath's loyal knights. I feel like there would be more lore on him or at least another knight wearing similar armor .
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:34 pm

It's probably an experiment that wandered off after being experimented on. Possibly another chosen undead.

Or he was experimented on and tried to kill seath for vengence but after failing many times, he hollowed
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 pm

I assume he was defeated, maybe experimented on like Fatty said, turning him hollow OR he may had seen reason in Seaths reasearch and amazed by it, decided to become his loyal knight, being rewarded with the armor for doing so, and now his duty is protect him from annoying people like that chosen undead.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm

I think the loremaster Cook is needed here..

Where is he these days anyway?
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm

There's another theory. Big Hat Logan went Hollow after pursuing Seath's research. Perhaps the knight did the same. He could of created the armor as a result of those experiments/research.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm

@Serious the lust for knowledge turned him hollow

He's the new Seath
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Jiub of Carim wrote:There's another theory. Big Hat Logan went Hollow after pursuing Seath's research. Perhaps the knight did the same. He could of created the armor as a result of those experiments/research.

I actualy had a similar theory, he may have went mad due to Seaths research like ol Big Hat did, tbut problem is...how he managed to make the armor? Crystal magic requires, well, magic knowledge, and our friend there, was an knight, wich form what i have seen, do not know how to cast a single spell.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 pm

*Cough* Seath tested on him to creates crystal scales

silly
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:59 am

ClassicBlaze wrote:
    Jiub of Carim wrote:There's another theory. Big Hat Logan went Hollow after pursuing Seath's research. Perhaps the knight did the same. He could of created the armor as a result of those experiments/research.

I actualy had a similar theory, he may have went mad due to Seaths research like ol Big Hat did, tbut problem is...how he managed to make the armor? Crystal magic requires, well, magic knowledge, and our friend there, was an knight, wich form what i have seen, do not know how to cast a single spell.
    Thats a big problem i've been facing when trying to figure out who this guy is! He has crystal armor with high curse resistance, and he was directly outside of Seath's lair.

1. If he was fighting Seath and couldn't win so he went Hollow, where'd the armor come from?

2. If he's one of Seath's knights why is he the only one, and has no mention of lore. I think Seath would rather have giant crystal golems, than a legion of crystal knights.

3.If he's one of Seath's experiments, is he the only one that survived?

I think the most likely explanation is he was studying Seath's research. Is there a way he possibly created the Crystalline Set without magic?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 am

I've always assumed that he is undead, just like us, but he was unable to defeat Seath, nor to find the secret of his immortality and returned over and over again to challenge him the chamber in top of the tower, until he became hollow and his armor crystalized by being constantly exposed to Seaths crystal attacks , or/and the crystal effect of the Primordial Crystal.

Then, he started to wander the stairs leading to Seath, unable to proceed anywhere else and thus attacked all who came close, just like other hollows do.

I don't think he was Seth's experiment, because subjects of his experiments usually end up like some twisted creature, like Manserpents and Pisacas.

That's my 0,02$ at least.
    Ace Windu

Post by Ace Windu Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 am

A theory I found compelling was that there is a link between the crystalline knight and Domhnall of Zena because of the similarities in armour and also because Domhnall sells crystal gear. These two facts link these guys quite strongly imo.
    The theory that I like that deals with why they have been seperated and why the crystalline knight is, well, crystalline, says that the two were investigating the Duke's Archives, looking for some choice loot to steal e.g. the crystal gear that Domhnall now sells. The knight didn't make it out and was experimented on by Seath, hence the crystalline nature of him.
    This sounds plausible to me anyway. Domhnall has a strange range of gear which points more towards thief than epic adventurer imo.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 pm

I think Domhnall of Zena only sells crystal gear because its rare. Hes a collectionist. And a weirdo.
    Azamuth
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Azamuth Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 pm

I think Logan didn't go hollow as he researched the Archives, I think he simply went mad with power, and succumbed to the allure that Seath's theories on sorcery had. When you fight him, he is not hollowed, as his skin is not that red color that all hollows' skin have.

But back to the crystal knight. He could've been captured as he gave into despair for experimenting, and after that left to wander the Archives, since all other hollow seem to do the same. He could also be following orders from the Channelers, since they are Seath's representatives, and therefore he has orders to protect that specific area, before the entrance to Seath's cave, that is another possibility, but I think it would be unnecessary, because in that moment Seath has his "immortality" crystal well protected and cannot be defeated. There a quite a lot of possibilities with that knight, since so little is known about him, but I'll stick to my theory, he was trying to acquire Seath's Lord Soul, and went hollow as he realized Seath could not be killed. What happened after he gave into his despair could be what someone said, he became an experiment of Seath's, and that's why his armor is crystallized.

'-' A lot of possibilities
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Sentiel wrote:I've always assumed that he is undead, just like us, but he was unable to defeat Seath, nor to find the secret of his immortality and returned over and over again to challenge him the chamber in top of the tower, until he became hollow and his armor crystalized by being constantly exposed to Seaths crystal attacks , or/and the crystal effect of the Primordial Crystal.

Then, he started to wander the stairs leading to Seath, unable to proceed anywhere else and thus attacked all who came close, just like other hollows do.

I don't think he was Seth's experiment, because subjects of his experiments usually end up like some twisted creature, like Manserpents and Pisacas.

Could you elaborate more on the Primordial Crystal? I'm not familiar with it.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Jiub of Carim wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I've always assumed that he is undead, just like us, but he was unable to defeat Seath, nor to find the secret of his immortality and returned over and over again to challenge him the chamber in top of the tower, until he became hollow and his armor crystalized by being constantly exposed to Seaths crystal attacks , or/and the crystal effect of the Primordial Crystal.

Could you elaborate more on the Primordial Crystal? I'm not familiar with it.

The Primordial Crystal is the thing you smash in order to actually be able to damage Seath during the fight.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 am

Didn't the Primordial Crystal. turn Seath immortal? I've heard speculation that Seath is actually Hollow. Perhaps the Crystal that gave him imortality could have also given him to power to make the cursed crystal he fights yo u with. That would explain how the knight made the crystal armor if he got hos hands on the Primordial Crystal.
    VMatrixX
    VMatrixX
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VMatrixX Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Jiub of Carim wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

Thats a big problem i've been facing when trying to figure out who this guy is! He has crystal armor with high curse resistance, and he was directly outside of Seath's lair.

1. If he was fighting Seath and couldn't win so he went Hollow, where'd the armor come from?

2. If he's one of Seath's knights why is he the only one, and has no mention of lore. I think Seath would rather have giant crystal golems, than a legion of crystal knights.

I think the most likely explanation is he was studying Seath's research. Is there a way he possibly created the Crystalline Set without magic?

Maybe there is a connection to Domhail of Zena? He sells crystal weapons, including the crystal greatsword, which the knight uses. There are also subtle similarities with both there armors, I dont know, just a guess...
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:54 pm

VMatrixX wrote:
    Jiub of Carim wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

Maybe there is a connection to Domhail of Zena? He sells crystal weapons, including the crystal greatsword, which the knight uses. There are also subtle similarities with both there armors, I dont know, just a guess...

I just think he is an traveling merchant who stumbled on some shiny crystal items, along with others items on his journey, but thats just basic speculation, since I couldnt find any other reasons....maybe there is more to him.
    Azamuth
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Azamuth Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I think he is actually just an explorer. He does, after all, find all bosses' armor sets.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Azamuth wrote:I think he is actually just an explorer. He does, after all, find all bosses' armor sets.

Thats what I think he is, but hey! wild speculations every now and then can be fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm