Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
JY4answer
FinPeku
Darkson
Maneater_Mildred
Quarik
sinisterapathy
Railage
Emergence
Digitalyzed
skarekrow13
Zechk
15 posters

The recipe thread

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The recipe thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The recipe thread

Post by Darkson Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 am

Darkson wrote:Dunno if you really match Mildred's taste though... silly

I mean: If your taste matches Mildred's taste... Or did I say it right anyway? :silent:

Rynoa, how about being cheap and cooking the same thing again? Or didn't they like it? :affraid:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 am

Can you cook beef? You can treat them to an authentic American burger. If you know the right way to prepare them they can be elevated to near gourmet levels. If not then my suggestions will need to get more creative
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 am

@Darkson: it was good but I don't think I'll have enough time, it took a lot of hours last time

@Skare: I like it! also, I can ccok some pretty awesome burgers! I might add some appetizers and lot of beer :drunken:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

Good choice. Beer and burgers is always the way to go. When I like to get fancy I add some parmesan cheese, a touch of steak sauce, pepper, salt and cinnamon to the ground burger. Once that's nice and mixed separate the burgers into 1/4 pound sections. For each section, split it in half and make two really thin burgers. Then, add your favorite cheese (cheddar and American for me) on top of one of the really thin burgers. Place the other really thin burger on top and pinch the edges shut like a ravioli or pierogi. Then cook and you have cheese burgers with the cheese on the inside.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 am

I like the cinnamon idea, never tried it like that :O
    And I like a bit of smoky flavor so I might use some cheese that I don't know the english name of and don't even know if you guys have. But it's good.

BTW when trying out japanese recipes I found one for mini-burgers (bite size) that were really good just cooked but were surprisingly AWESOME when eaten cold the day after happy I used to bring them at work.

I've got the recipe at home so I don't remember exactly now... it was something like: mix ground meat with fresh bread crumps, previously sitr-fried onions, pinch of sugar, salt and sake.
    Now I'm really hungry...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:11 am

That's basically the recipe for mini meat loaf here (minus the sake). That is delicious. You can also bake the burger like that with a glaze of ketchup, barbecue sauce or something similar. Here we're willing to add smoke to almost any cheese. Some common smoked cheese are cheddar and gouda. There's a grocery store here that sells tons of crazy cheeses with added stuff like hot sauce, horseradish, different herbs, etc.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:16 am

Horseradish cheese. I bought that cubed once. Got home, opened it and tried one. 5 minutes later I had tried them all and was nearly 2000 calories heavier.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:18 am

Haven't you reference PA before Emergence? Do you have a Wegman's locally? The cheese is strong with that franchise
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 am

(Really, there's a similar recipe? I love it ❤ I fell in love with using sake instead of regular wine in most recipes, it adds a fresh taste... you must be careful tho 'cause it's sweeter)

Mmmh, the cheese I was talking about is this one: http://www.hovistocoseche.com/wp-content/uploads/provola-raguana.jpg
    I'm not a fan of cheddar but I go crazy for most kinds of cheese 8)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am

Never tried that cheese. Maybe a trip to Wegman's will solve that! You're lucky you can find the sweet sake. It can be a bear where I live to get good stuff here. Mostly it's the cheap dry variety (also known as "gross"). On my honeymoon with my first wife we went to Disney World where they have a Sake bar set up in Epcot. Wow......what a difference in tastes. Most wine can kiss my rear after tasting that stuff.

Also of the liquor variety I tried some Polish honey wine since I'm of Polish ancestry. In the words of Ralph Wiggum "Tastes like burning"

Wonderful flavor but there's no mistaking that you're drinking alcohol. I've since procured some more Polish alcohol and this seems fairly representative of the region.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Never tried that cheese. Maybe a trip to Wegman's will solve that! You're lucky you can find the sweet sake. It can be a bear where I live to get good stuff here. Mostly it's the cheap dry variety (also known as "gross"). On my honeymoon with my first wife we went to Disney World where they have a Sake bar set up in Epcot. Wow......what a difference in tastes. Most wine can kiss my rear after tasting that stuff.

Also of the liquor variety I tried some Polish honey wine since I'm of Polish ancestry. In the words of Ralph Wiggum "Tastes like burning"

Wonderful flavor but there's no mistaking that you're drinking alcohol. I've since procured some more Polish alcohol and this seems fairly representative of the region.

Polish honey wine? Never heard about that, now I wanna try it!

Yeah we've got a couple of pretty good oriental markets in my town. Some stuff is still impossible to find (as I said, I'm interested in japanese cuisine and most of the ingredients I can't find anywhere) but they have a good selection of things anyway from many different countries. cheers
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Wegeman's is not local for me unfortunately. I would put the closest one at an hour. However, I am in the land of the natural markets with tons of home grown stands selling fresh cheese, amongst others. Nice to not have to go to a grocery store if you don't want to.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Agreed. That's why I love Wegman's.....they have all the local stuff typically too so it's like a grocery store with a farmer's market section.

Rynoa, it's great if you love honey. I also tried cherry liquer which also can burn but is quite good. There's a guy who tailgates at Buffalo Bills games (huge Polish ancestry in Buffalo) that used to offer anyone legal drinking age a shot of cherry liquer before the game. Literally you could just walk up and he'd give you a shot for free. The tradition was that you had to drink it out of a bowling ball he had just for this reason then slam it to the ground after you drank. The NFL cracked down on some of the rowdier traditions around the league though and he was told to stop this one sadly. The official story is they were worried about being partly liable if someone slammed the ball on their foot since they knew of the tradition. Anyway.....back on topic he also has some interesting cooking ideas so I shall link you to this.....

The Ballad of Pinto Ron

Check out the description of his cooking methods. And if you can't get enough of this here's a great blog about him after he was voted best fan of the Bills by a dedicated fan blog.......

More Pinto Ron
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 pm

For my favourite dish you will need: Cooked and sliced chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, chick peas, chicken soup, cumin and rice. Cook the chicken, then put everything in a wok (except the rice) and cook together, then serve with rice. Simple, but pretty damn tasty.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:For my favourite dish you will need: Cooked and sliced chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, chick peas, chicken soup, cumin and rice. Cook the chicken, then put everything in a wok (except the rice) and cook together, then serve with rice. Simple, but pretty damn tasty.

Mmmh sounds tasty, can I cook it without asparagus? Not a fan...
    Love cumin cheers
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Rynoa wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:For my favourite dish you will need: Cooked and sliced chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, chick peas, chicken soup, cumin and rice. Cook the chicken, then put everything in a wok (except the rice) and cook together, then serve with rice. Simple, but pretty damn tasty.

Mmmh sounds tasty, can I cook it without asparagus? Not a fan...
    Love cumin cheers

Sure you can, I just personally love it with asparagus. You can also try adding onions or even mixing it with a stir fry.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue May 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Bumping this up for cranberry muffins!

1 3/4 cup flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    3/4 tsp. salt
    2 Tea spoon baking powder
    3/4 cup milk
    1/3 cup oil
    1 egg
    1 can cranberries, or 1 cup dried cranberries
    1 tsp vanilla
    Add chocolate chips, banana, nuts or whatever

Mix dry stuff together, mix wet stuff together then combine. Add your cranberries and chocolate , mix it up. Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes. Impress your family members/children/spouse!

I can't believe anyone can dislike asparagus, I can't wait for summer to be over so I can get some more! Its great barbecued, or fried on the stove with crushed nuts and soya sauce, even just boiled with salt.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed May 02, 2012 4:11 am

Not dislike dislike, I just prefer other vegetables big grin

cranberry muffins... ❤
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 am

Yukon, great recipe addition. I think it's time to add my take on something that's supposed to be as American as Mom, with plenty of time to prepare for Mother's day:

Flapple Pie (Flat apple pie):

Lazy instructions: Make your favorite pie crust (I use the obvious flour with butter/Crisco, with some extras including vanilla and cinnamon)

Once you have your dough made, bake the pie crust in the bottom of a cake pan (glass works best) so it's like a big cookie. Set it out to cool.

Then, get a half gallon of apple cider and put it in a large pot. Add a dash or two of cinnamon. Boil the cider to reduce it until it's starting to thicken. To test if it's right place a small amount on wax paper and place in the refrigerator. It should be like jelly when you're done. In the pot there should be little bubbles that build on each other rather than popping consistently. Spread the apple mixture hot over the pie crust and let it cool. Cut and serve.....

This can be VERY tart and intense flavored so a dusting of confectioner's sugar might be an addition for some people. I recommend two-bite sized pieces.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 am