Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
reim0027
Jorund
billy_bayonet
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Yarxov
User
GkMrBane
ARSP
SlakeMoth
Dubscythe
Whknight
Forum Pirate
cloudyeki
Carphil
JohnnyHarpoon
KomradDakka
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
sinisterapathy
TheGoddessSendell
befowler
Darkson
Maneater_Mildred
Zechk
Digitalyzed
bloodpixel
Quarik
meridam99
DoughGuy
Imarreteet23
Serious_Much
berkut
Reaperfan
Tolvo
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
42 posters

The "let it out" thread.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The "let it out" thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 pm

bloodpixel wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    bloodpixel wrote:I hate heights. I literally can't stand them. I get all dizzy and crap. One of the main reasons I hate amusement parks. Unfortunately I can't really admit that since you're pretty much considered a sissy if you don't ride roller coasters.

The trick is not caring what people think of you.
    Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for job interviews.
    That was a joke, in case you couldn't tell.

Game, set, and match
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:48 pm

The trick is to only care what the people think that are important to you! big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Darkson wrote:The trick is to only care what the people think that are important to you! big grin

I'll buy that.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I'm friends with a couple of people and we know and hang out with each other pretty frequently, but as a whole I don't have a lot of friends, or people I would talk to. But most of the time I don't mind being alone: having time to myself, to think, to work, to let my mind wander... people think I'm creepy, and even a loser, due to the fact that I don't talk much unless someone directly addresses me, but I'd rather say something meaningful than make pointless conversation to try and dissipate the awkward silence that people dread.
    Hey Wade, you seem quite a bit like me (hoping that dosen't sound too creepy). Heres somthing that essentially sums up my social life. "My aquaintences are many, my friends are few. People who really know me, even fewer still." I try to be friendly, and as a result, many people " like" me. But would they, say, tell me about their real issues? No. I don't even remember the last time someone said " hey, wanna hang out?" or somthing. As a result, my free time is basically spent playing video games and playing drums, as deppresing as that sounds.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:I'm friends with a couple of people and we know and hang out with each other pretty frequently, but as a whole I don't have a lot of friends, or people I would talk to. But most of the time I don't mind being alone: having time to myself, to think, to work, to let my mind wander... people think I'm creepy, and even a loser, due to the fact that I don't talk much unless someone directly addresses me, but I'd rather say something meaningful than make pointless conversation to try and dissipate the awkward silence that people dread.
    Hey Wade, you seem quite a bit like me (hoping that dosen't sound too creepy). Heres somthing that essentially sums up my social life. "My aquaintences are many, my friends are few. People who really know me, even fewer still." I try to be friendly, and as a result, many people " like" me. But would they, say, tell me about their real issues? No. I don't even remember the last time someone said " hey, wanna hang out?" or somthing. As a result, my free time is basically spent playing video games and playing drums, as deppresing as that sounds.

It really sank in when a girl who I like came up to me and asked me if I was depressed and needed someone to talk to. Despite her good intentions I became quite annoyed. Why do people assume that "loners" are sad, lonely or depressed? I am a loner because I choose to be. Besides, I refuse to hang around anyone in my year mostly for the fact that their entire social lives can be summed up with the words "too much alcohol."
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:12 pm

It's even worse when I'm just sitting alone, and someone will come over and try to start a conversation. This seems nice, but in reality they're doing it out of pity, not because they really want to talk.

Oh yeah, and by the way, my previous post might have made me sound deppressed or somthing, but that is definatly not me. I love my life and who I am, and am not deppresed.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:

And you both are exactly like me.

And I need a lot of time I can spend alone, just to think. Or how you may call it. I kind of use my mind to process my accumulated emotions, if that makes sense. For normal people it's enough if their brain does it while sleeping, I do it at intervals during the day, and in the evening.

My brain is like a **** PC, and there are always tons of unnecessary backround processes running the whole time. There's an endless chain of stupid thoughts going on in my head constantly. It's also like a radio - all the time there's music playing, and I really mean all the time. It's not just like I have an ear worm every now and then, it's playing non-stop. And I've had moments were I really felt like the song came from somewhere else even. I feel like my brain is doing weird things the whole time generally. I feel like I'm actually a really weird and disturbing person inside. silly

But there are also moments where I can be really into something, where I'm completely focused. But most of the time it's a thing I'm not really supposed to be focused on at that moment, during the day. Anyway, the thing I can easily get myself into is philosophizing about every crap and shiz...

Yeah, generally what I want to say is, I also need a lot of time for myself. And I technically have no one I would call a real friend of mine. Altough I think I'm really good with people, basically what I most recognize is that people really like to talk to me about unnecessary stuff, mostly about their stuff, while I only give some comments every now and then, which leads to a never ending conversation. silly I guess to them I seem like someone who would enjoy listening to them more than others... Maybe it's because although I'm not a very social person, it's really too important for me how I appear to others, even to unlikeable strangers on the streets...

I like the internet, and this forum, I can pretty much be who I want.

Lol I never thought I would be able to write that much right now, I'm really tired and dizzy now actually :drunken: but I like this thread, it's like a self-help group. Cool idea.

Btw people... wanna hang out sometime? silly

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo typo typo...)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Fun fact: in one month I was told by 3 different people (my mother, my cousin and a friend) that people were quite surprised when they made conversation with me. Since I rarely speak out, they didn't realise that I can have a perfectly normal conversation if someone else starts it with me, and they were surprised at how polite I was.

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Darkson wrote:
    Imarreteet23 wrote:

And you both are exactly like me.

And I need a lot of time I can spend alone, just to think. Or how you may call it. I kind of use my mind to process my accumulated emotions, if that makes sense. For normal people it's enough if their brain does it while sleeping, I do it at intervals during the day, and in the evening.

My brain is like a **** PC, and there are always tons of unnecessary backround processes running the whole time. There's an endless chain of stupid thoughts going on in my head constantly. It's also like a radio - all the time there's music playing, and I really mean all the time. It's not just like I have an ear worm every now and then, it's playing non-stop. And I've had moments were I really felt like the song came from somewhere else even. I feel like my brain is doing weird things the whole time generally. I feel like I'm actually a really weird and disturbing person inside. silly

But there are also moments where I can be really into something, where I'm completely focused. But most of the time it's a thing I'm not really supposed to be focused on at that moment, during the day. Anyway, the thing I can easily get myself into is philosophizing about every crap and shiz...

Yeah, generally what I want to say is, I also need a lot of time for myself. And I technically have no one I would call a real friend of mine. Altough I think I'm really good with people, basically what I most recognize is that people really like to talk to me about unnecessary stuff, mostly about their stuff, while I only give some comments every now and then, which leads to a never ending conversation. silly I guess to them I seem like someone who would enjoy listening to them more than others... Maybe it's because although I'm not a very social person, it's really too important for me how I appear to others, even to unlikeable strangers on the streets...

I like the internet, and this forum, I can pretty much be who I want.

Lol I never thought I would be able to write that much right now, I'm really tired and dizzy now actually :drunken: but I like this thread, it's like a self-help group. Cool idea.

Btw guys... wanna hang out sometime? silly

I'd rather hang out with forum members in real life, than my the fellow students in my year. We could have an intelligent, well thought out discussion and engage in jolly co-operation.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Lol, btw I find it awesome that you are 15, I'm 18 and Imarrateetetete is supposed to be 78 (really?), and whe're pretty much having a converation "on the same level" silly Let's engage in jolly cooperation!

But you wouldn't really enjoy talking to me in real life, because there it's even harder for me to find the right words to properly express the weird thoughts going on in my head and such. I'm Austrian, I learned english at school, but I think also mainly over the internet... happy I'm better at typing. Though my pronunciation is unbelievably good! 8) I think
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Darkson wrote:Lol, btw I find it awesome that you are 15, I'm 18 and Imarrateetetete is supposed to be 78 (really?), and whe're pretty much having a converation "on the same level" silly Let's engage in jolly cooperation!

But you wouldn't really enjoy talking to me in real life, because there it's even harder for me to find the right words to properly express the weird thoughts going on in my head and such. I'm Austrian, I learned english at school, but I think also mainly over the internet... happy I'm better at typing. Though my pronunciation is unbelievably good! 8) I think

I'd rather someone took the time to formulate a reply and think it over, than rush. I always give people the time they need when talking.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah, but it would get boring and exhausting very quickly I guess. silly
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Tolvo wrote: Wade, have you ever belonged to a really tight knit group of friends that seem to love each other unconditionally?

I'm friends with a couple of people and we know and hang out with each other pretty frequently, but as a whole I don't have a lot of friends, or people I would talk to. But most of the time I don't mind being alone: having time to myself, to think, to work, to let my mind wander... people think I'm creepy, and even a loser, due to the fact that I don't talk much unless someone directly addresses me, but I'd rather say something meaningful than make pointless conversation to try and dissipate the awkward silence that people dread.

Hey its better to remain silent and have people think your a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt! (not that im calling you a fool)

Also the strong silent guy is more sexy than the loud mouth goon.

So i wouldnt worry what people think of you.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Lol Darkson, I'm actually 15. I just put 78 because I have basically grown up with " People on the internet will steal you away if you say your real age." Thus I am 78 and live in a box.

Oh yeah Darkson, and about the music in your head playing constantly, I also do that! It seems like my mind has a never ending CD and plays it just to screw with me. I'm not even kidding, the same song has been stuck in my head for over a year. It's so weird!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Ah the mind.......I don't always hear music but when I really need to pay attention to someone who's speaking I imagine subtitles and read what they're saying instead of listening.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:Lol Darkson, I'm actually 15. I just put 78 because I have basically grown up with " People on the internet will steal you away if you say your real age." Thus I am 78 and live in a box.

Oh yeah Darkson, and about the music in your head playing constantly, I also do that! It seems like my mind has a never ending CD and plays it just to screw with me. I'm not even kidding, the same song has been stuck in my head for over a year. It's so weird!

Good to hear that! big grin

What song exactly?

For me it's just a random playlist. And half of the time the song doesn't even exist, my brain mixes different aspects of different songs and createst a new theme, sometimes I find it pretty genius, but then after about 30 minutes it's usually gone lol!
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing. Look it up if you haven't heard it, it's a great song. Except, of course, if you have to hear it on replay for a reeeaally looooong tiiiiime. lol!
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Listening right now, the bassline is TIGHT, I understand that you can't get it out of your head big grin
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:45 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Ah the mind.......I don't always hear music but when I really need to pay attention to someone who's speaking I imagine subtitles and read what they're saying instead of listening.

lol That's interesting... I also kind imagine the words I hear... I can't exactly tell you how tough...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:The face of humanity is ugly, you have to look at the individuals to see the beauty.

DoughGuy, I'm impressed. You hit the nail oon the head right there.

As for a fear of death, why do you fear it? Is it because of a belief that there is nothing after it or what?

Take any advice I ever give with a pinch of salt. My friends and people online commonly ask me for help, and helping others is enjoyable, so it's nice to delve into what makes you fear something.

I'm agnostic and I cant believe in a life after death unless Im given proof. So yes, its because I cant see there being anything after death. I like existing, I dont want to stop.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:53 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I'm agnostic and I cant believe in a life after death unless Im given proof. So yes, its because I cant see there being anything after death. I like existing, I dont want to stop.

Don't your nuts hurt from sitting on the fence like that? lol

Also, that song is fairly haunting, think you'll understand what I mean, but the lack of melody pushes me away from it really silly
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm

I suppose that is the logical way of thinking. I generally think in more logical terms, but when it comes top death and what comes after it I reckon there has to be something. If you can't think of anything, try this one I made up, even if you don't believe it will work. Imagine that after you die, and you're pronounced braindead, your brain actually continues to function using a miniscule amount of energy. Imagine this final function is to let you live out a perfect second, in whatever world you want, as whoever you wish to be, a sort of heaven if you will. Your brain may only function for a day or a week after death, but in your mind, your heaven, or new reality, will last a lifetime, because the mind works in funny ways like that (Think of a dream).

That's one of my theories, and through belief of something like that, death holds no fear over me. I honestly couldn't care less due to the fact that I believe there's something amazing waiting on the other side.

And yes, you may need proof to believe it, but so would I a few years ago. Just will yourself into a belief, whichever one it is that makes you the most happy, and then you can live your life to it's full potential, instead of worrying about what's coming in the future. Live in the present, as I say.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:I'm agnostic and I cant believe in a life after death unless Im given proof. So yes, its because I cant see there being anything after death. I like existing, I dont want to stop.

Don't your nuts hurt from sitting on the fence like that? lol

Hardy har mate lol. I brought a cushion sucka!

@Digit That would be nice but its hard to get past the no proof part for me. Creating my own heaven would be nice. Ill try, see how it goes.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Dough while comfort is one thing, I don't think a person should ever believe in something just for comfort. It's a bit odd, but I just think it's betraying the idea, it isn't a belief, it's just wanting to feel safe.

By the way if you don't mind my prying, but agnostic theist or agnostic atheist? I'm a religion/philosophy buff, so I can't help but ask. I totally understand if you don't want to specify though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:04 pm

My religious views are kinda odd so Ill try to explain. Im a combination of agnostic and, well, what you could call hardcore humanist though Im not sure if thats the right word. The agnostic because I find the idea of the big bang being the beginning as likely as a God starting it, nor do I see the two as mutually exclusive. I would probably lean towards Agnostic theism as I believe we may eventually prove a gods existence, but can never disprove his existence. The hardcore humanist because I believe in the divinity of humankind. I don't believe in humanity over the divine, rather that humanity is divine. It's kind of odd but its what I believe.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm