Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
reim0027
Jorund
billy_bayonet
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Yarxov
User
GkMrBane
ARSP
SlakeMoth
Dubscythe
Whknight
Forum Pirate
cloudyeki
Carphil
JohnnyHarpoon
KomradDakka
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
sinisterapathy
TheGoddessSendell
befowler
Darkson
Maneater_Mildred
Zechk
Digitalyzed
bloodpixel
Quarik
meridam99
DoughGuy
Imarreteet23
Serious_Much
berkut
Reaperfan
Tolvo
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
42 posters

The "let it out" thread.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The "let it out" thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:06 pm

It sounds like you are an atheistic agnostic then, and interesting views.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:06 pm

I made a small edit after I posted it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Theistic Agnostic then, that small line does change the whole thing. silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Lol.....DoughGuy, I was on the fence until I really studied the principle of the first mover. I won't rehash details here and it didn't convince me that there has to be an intelligent or benevolent being as god but that there has to be something that always was. In other words, something that preempts creation. In this sense "god" is whatever the first thing ever is. It doesn't provide any details on characteristics of god just that there has to be something that started everything else. It's a very non religious way of examining god. Just as a disclaimer I'm not trying to sway your beliefs in the least but the way you describe yourself seems like you're open to the idea of a "god" but approach it scientifically. If I interpreted you right you'll probably at least enjoy looking at that.

Edit: laughing at the banter not anyone's beliefs
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I really love to discuss religions and stuff, but I just want to say let's all keep it calm like how it is. I know how some can get offended easily, so if anyone starts to feel uncomfortable with the subject I think we should drop it rather than risk some potential issues.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Absolutely. Again anyone reading my last post....that's a cool theory to explore but not an attempt to proselytize. I so rarely get to use that word
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 pm

I think as long as we keep it to saying our own and asking ABOUT someone else we should be fine. Its when people start to question another persons beliefs that trouble starts.

@Skare I saw something like that once and I liked it but for me, god is sentient. This may be confusing but I think I would say the first mover, if it is not sentient, is a deity but not God.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah. That particular line of thought is so ambiguous that the "first mover" can be labeled anything really because you're right. The word "god" has strong meaning forost people that this theory can't really get into. Most of my religious focus is attached to the study of law and that is a very legal style look at it.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Ii'm sorry to jump into this thread so late. It's late and I can't sleep but am staying over at my boyfriend's so am just sitting up on the internet while he sleeps. I'm really amazed at some of the stuff you guys talk about here, I found this thread kinda moving...

Because it's late and I've had a couple of drinks I am just going to throw in my own little issue because it does seem like it would be oddly liberating.

Sometimes I feel really amazed to be where I am now. I'm about to graduate with an MA and am taking my JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) Lv1 this year, but when I think back to ten years ago, I cannot really believe it. I was bullied so badly at school that I left and never properly finished high school (took exams, privately and badly). The reason - malicious rumours. I have always had more guy friends, dunno why, just always been that way. I used to hang out with a great group of guys at school who I had kinda bonded with over music/games/etc. I dated one of them for a bit, but being 14 it didn't last. I then dated another.Then some crazy rumours circulated that I had slept with all of them. At once. From that point onwards I was forever a slut and a whole load of other things I can't even bring myself to type. Any attempt to defend myself way inevitably met with threats of physical violence. For someone as introverted as myself, that was a little tricky. From that point onwards, I left school and spent my weekends drinking to excess and doing a lot of other things I shouldn't, which very nearly made me lose my mind. To this day I'm still not sure when I turned things around, but managed to get in to study Japanese in university. Things got a lot better. I still worry way too much about how people perceive me though, which is a bad habit I'm trying to quit.

No idea why I wanted so much to share that and I doubt hardly anyone will even read it, but it made me feel oddly nice.

Oh and I hate heights to the point where I can't even look at pictures of tall buildings and I have to close my eyes everytime I'm in Anor Londo and move that central section around... I also dislike centipedes.

I want to try and spend more time on here because you all seem awesome ❤
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 pm

^^I'll put money on the fact this post is edited in the morning by the then sober sendell silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Well if she does edit I hope telling it once helped. That's a stigma most of us on the forum likely didn't experience.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks for sharing Sendell happy. It;s always hard to work up the courage to say your thoughts, even if it is an online forum. I myself an quite an introvert, and I understand how difficult it can be when people are cruel. It's also great to see that you've managed to shirk their jests off though and make it so far in life, keep it up big grin.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Tolvo wrote:I really love to discuss religions and stuff, but I just want to say let's all keep it calm like how it is. I know how some can get offended easily, so if anyone starts to feel uncomfortable with the subject I think we should drop it rather than risk some potential issues.

Talking about religion makes me sooo.... MAADDDDD!!!! RAWR (Typical bible bashing response, cus obviously heaven would really be exclusive)

on a serious note, interesting stuff really and strangely Dough being so close to the ideal of the Prime Mover with your ideas.

I wanna know what your beliefs are, post master Tolvo silly
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Haha! I'm not that drunk my dear. I'm just feeling a little reflective and then reading the thread sort of made me feel like writing that somewhere where no one knows me :p Aren't you all so lucky. If I was properly drunk I fear my writing might've been illegible. I'm feel very sober and rather cold now sitting on the floor in that dark D:

And thanks guys happy I know it's a pretty dumb thing compared to what so many people go through but hey, you can't help what affects you in life I guess.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Its not dumb at all, in fact its quite serious. I would rank that experience as a life altering series of events that can have a very stark psychological effect. Nothing that makes you feel upset is trivial because, regardless of what it is, it still has a negative effect on you, so I think that it was great of you to share it happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 pm

naww aint you just a lil' bundle of cute ❤ lol!

but any problems can be serious, it's all about perspective and even minor things can really upset people, while major things can be seen to be unimportant. Long as you work through them for the better it doesn't matter really.

Good thing our community is nice enough to get even new users to start gushing here, though I don't think I'm gonna follow suit, lending a sympathetic shoulder is enough for me i think silly
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Come on Serious, everyone needs a good should to lean on silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Think for now, I'll pass Berkut. To be fair I've got no complaints about me or my life right now beyond the everyday and the fickle silly
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey Sendall, I have been through some tough times with bullies myself, and it SUCKS. I was so afraid of going to school, for fear of encountering him, that I would fake sickness and the like. I know what it is like to go through that, and being bullied isn't a small matter by any strech of the imagination. I am glad that you got over them, and have become very sucsessful. big grin
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks happy

Though I get the sense I might've said too much. Sorry about that. It just seemed in the spirit of the thread and all. I don't get much free time so I'm not on here that much... I didn't mean to come across badly.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:Hey Sendall, I have been through some tough times with bullies myself, and it SUCKS. I was so afraid of going to school, for fear of encountering him, that I would fake sickness and the like. I know what it is like to go through that, and being bullied isn't a small matter by any strech of the imagination. I am glad that you got over them, and have become very sucsessful. big grin

Oh god, I'm so sorry for your experiences. I can so so relate to what you're saying. I didn't explain it too well, but it was such a huge thing for me. There's still parts of town I hate to go. School really is a horrible place for some people huh? I hope things are better for you now happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:04 pm

TheGoddessSendell wrote:Thanks happy

Though I get the sense I might've said too much. Sorry about that. It just seemed in the spirit of the thread and all. I don't get much free time so I'm not on here that much... I didn't mean to come across badly.

you didn't come across badly at all, don't worry big grin
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah, things are much better now. But, I still avoid that guy who picked on me. He still scares the crap outta me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 pm

You never know just how badly bullying can effect a person, it kind of reminds me of that bully film, I do want to see that but for some reason it isn't playing anywhere near.

I had my fair share of bully problems, but it wasn't exactly that I feared them. See, people pick on me then I would beat the crap out of them, so I'd get in a lot of trouble. Into highschool, this was still of an issue so people would slap me when a teacher isn't looking, then they'd turn around to me tackling them through a desk to smash their face into the floor and throttle them. I used to have extremely bad anger issues because of it, because they knew they could get away with it and I was near being expelled at times from violent acts. Eventually though in highschool I just kicked myself into gear though, and haven't even hit a person since. Now I'm practically a Buddha, as long as it doesn't come to technology...I'm very abusive with technology.

But I understand how you feel Goddess, as well it's not silly or anything. Those kinds of experiences can be very traumatic especially to shy people.

Serious I don't think my views on religion are interesting enough, as well I've never found a community that is very accepting of them, so I think you can understand if I'd like to keep them hidden.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:26 pm

I see, well you just keep them to yourself then my friend silly

I always have this rather bad mental image of highschool in america.. it sounds awful. I mean granted my school wasn't a bad one but was still plenty of picking on people and stuff, but nowhere near as bad as what you guys describe it as :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm