Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Big Ben
theGentleman
DeCeleRator93
nsane32
kingkellogg
strangejoy
Soulkrazy
shadowsoldiers
Baynay
Ser Winston
Whknight
RaSoul
The_Tao
belkaizer
retention_sb
Domhnall
Reaperfan
k0rruptid
Flubious
Whintir
Serious_Much
theAnimus
Cloudrunner
Scudman_Slayer
Dustofsaturn
Carphil
ChizFreak
aceluby
Godless Servant
33 posters

Most challenging boss Part 1

Poll

Toughest boss

[ 1 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap1%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 40 ]
    Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 80
    Poll closed
    kingkellogg
    kingkellogg

Most challenging boss Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Most challenging boss Part 1

Post by kingkellogg Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 pm

4 kings,only boss I had a real hard time with
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:24 pm

for kings are a pain for melee fighter the capra is hard for the first play-through after that they are extremely easy their even mini bosses in the demon ruins
    DeCeleRator93
    DeCeleRator93
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DeCeleRator93 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:36 pm

I think Capra imo is the first difficult boss in the game kind of a "Welcome to Dark Souls noob mwuhahahaha!!!!" moment. Like people have said tight quarters, 3vs1, and he immediately attacks you with that overhead attack that will make your stamina cry for its momma haha.
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 am

I may be the minority but I felt the most relief after beating the Chaos Witch. Blight Town was nerve racking and then you had to cross a poison swamp only to cross a fog door and immediately have lava vomited on you.

I think the combination of her being fairly early in the game (using the masterkey), having a troublesome level and and having some strong attacks made her my selection.

By Four Kings, I was so familiar and had the equipment to beat them in my first try using only Beatrice for company.
    Big Ben
    Big Ben
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Big Ben Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 am

Capra Demon. Just the whole him being the first boss to come at you in such close quarters AND without a cut scene. Add to that the awkward stage and me not knowing that I needed a high lvl shield in order not to get steamrolled by his first big rush/swooping attack.

All the bosses were hard in their own right, but I would have to say the peak is reached at Smough and Ornstein (2 on freakin 1!?!?!) and then goes down gradually imo (still hard, lol bed of chaos random pitfalls)
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Looks like the four kings have ran away with this one, not really surprised but this poll only has a few more days left.

too bad I can't choose to close the poll now.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:34 pm

At least we know why you can summon people in new londo from sl 20 to 200 LOL
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Where is Stray Demon? Where is Gwyn? And most of all... WHERE THE HELL IS PINWHEEL?!?!

Just kidding. Capra Demon gets my vote.
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:27 am

I don't understand why people think the 4 kings are tough to kill.Just stay close to one,avoid his grab and AoE ant that's it.It's almost the same thing for Capra.You should have choose the dog with Capra instead of him lol

Anyway, i voted for the 2 that gave me trouble in this list: Priscilla and Ceasless Discharge
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 am

Smough and Ornstein. My god I hated them so much.
    papael
    papael

Post by papael Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:38 am

This is some interesting discussion because you realize that bosses with proper strategy become significantly easier, but if you don't know your best options, almost every boss in the game can be your doom.

------

When I faced the Capra Demon I had no idea what shield stability meant, and let's not even talk about poise. This game has a very bad habit of not giving you the most basic information about it's mechanics. I was playing for the first time with a wanderer. I had a low stab shield lvl0, 0 poise, and the monster was killing me in two hits. I didn't know rolling had invincibility that worked for a great number of attacks. When I rolled to evade his jumping attack I always did it too early (I thought I should get out of the way). Seeing the demon change the direction of his attack in the air to hit me was quite frustrating.

I was underleveled too. i didn't stay alive much so I was always loosing souls. Even some of those you can crack from your inventory. I had no idea about soul management. I took a bit of time to gain 3 levels and put it all on resistance because that's what I thought I was lacking. I really had no idea.

And I haven't even mentioned the dogs yet. I could only hope that after entering the fog door the capra and dog patterns would coincide so that I could take the dogs without a stunlock guardbreak or death combo. Going after the stairs?? The only thing I wanted was to remain as glued as possible to the door so that the other dog wouldn't rush me right from the start too.

Oh and Scimitar lvl0. I had to combo each dog to kill then. No one respects a scimitar lvl0 in this game.

------

I had similar experience with moonlight butterfly. entered the door and died numerous times. i had no idea how I was supposed to hit the creature. I didn't live long enough for it to rest in the bridge. Two things made the fight almost impossible here: use of a shield with minimum magic defense (information that is actually very clear in game) and ignorance of the roll invincibility.. I would take magic missiles to the chest (80% life of my char) every time not knowing what the hell I was supposed to do. I would never guess I was supposed to dive head first in the magic attack with a roll if I wanted to avoid getting hit. That's entirely counterintuitive. Once you know those basic things this boss is not even worth mentioning.

------

Ceaseless discharge is another example. You actually have 4 dificulty levels for this boss depending on how you fight him. Easy: take him to the fog door and make him fall. Hard: wait for him around the Gold Hemmed set area until he smashes you with his big arm. Roll dodge and hit the arm. Very hard: face him from short range. He will use a variety of hard to deal and hard to see tentacle attacks. I have no idea how to beat him like this. Extreme: Die once after you awake him. Enter the fog door again and don't go to the Gold Hemmed set altar. Try to face him from a distance or hide behind the cross section. If you can survive his fire discharges and long range him, you might as well try a simultaneous fight with all the four kings.

------

Sorry for text wall but no one is obliged to read anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 pm