Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
FinPeku
Federally
footsied
FattyOfDoom
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
Rynn
Extertionist
mugenis4real
Shkar
Brokewilly
ViralEnsign_
ChizFreak
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
befowler
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
Rin
Yesuurd
Tolvo
29 posters

The Men in Tights

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

The Men in Tights - Page 13 Empty Re: The Men in Tights

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Lol. True. Plus she's only two and was half asleep. She did watch intently once when I was fighting a Silver Knight
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm gonna create a Pharis cosplay build. 60 vitality, 40 end, 40 dex. Full Leather set. Falchion +15. Black Bow of Pharis +15. Great Leather Shield +15. Hornets Ring and RoFaP ring.

I'm tempted to get vit to 70 so I have 2000 hp points and feel badass but oh well! Add me to the list, I can't talk now cause my internet is working is not working well.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 am

So i had my 1st run as a MiT.

Wow! WOW! WOOOOOOOW!!!!!

90% of hosts were farming/ganking. On the few fights i had 1v1 99% of the time a 2nd hunter would invade and try to join in and gank the host.

Got alot of kills and even had 2 guys start pulling the plug on the 3rd or more time i invaded them.

Highlights of the night.
    Hatemail from hunters that tried to gank while i was dueling the host... They were all QQ asking why i didnt help them as i would back off and let the host kill them.
    Making the 'jump' and watching 2 sunbros and the host fail and fall to their deaths.
    Making 173453 souls off 1 host(any1 know what lvl that made him) after killing his phantom budy.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 am

Nice work. Im disappointed I havent got any hatemail yet. I always feel bad when Im sitting back watching another hunter fight the host.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 am

Very great work you guys, and Welcome Mildred! I'll have to think of a funny MiT related name for you, unless you are fine with being Latrine haha. or Mary's assistant. And very great work backing off from those trying to gank Duellists, it really helps keep up our good image and shows great sportsmanship. Sadly I have no idea what level that guy is.

Chiz would you like to take the initiation duel?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:35 am

Me and another guy vs 2 farmer. I distract the host with a WoG while the other invader bs's the phantom. Then the host bs's me (he and the phantom were farmers, I already came across them before and they ganked me) but I survived. Then he leads us on a 2 minute chase flipping and healing while the other hunter bs's him and I 2 hand my MSGS him. Finally the other invaader gets 2 bs's, does 1700 dmg and I get a lucky hit for 200 (I was 1 handing at that point) and we killed him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:38 am

Very nice work Dough, sometimes BS is very necessary to kill certain kinds of farmers. Though I imagine you are getting a lot of stunlocks with the MLGS?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 am

Did you mean MSGS by MLGS? And yes I am getting stunlocks although it can be hard with the lag to tell if i am. A couple of times I get 2 or 3 hits and nothing happens so i flip out but then the animation of their guard breaking appears and I *facepalm*.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:43 am

Haha, MSGS. By the way, what upgrade path do you use with that weapon? Man Rant would be proud, I'm pretty sure he has mentioned his love for the MSGS before.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 am

i just use +15. the A rating on it does wonders with 33 str (275 + 201). I also plan on getting to 40 str.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 am

Do you ever use Resins with it? In the forest you can farm the Mushroom parents for Gold Pine, I think killing the children though can get you kicked out of the FH. As well there is the Rotten and Charcoal resin from the Female Undead Merchant, fire/lightning for damage, poison for enemy control. You'll notice a poison stunlocking weapon will make many panic and you'll catch your enemy getting really sloppy. What is your int and faith at?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 am

int is a nice starting 9, faith is at 28 so I can WoG. I never remember resins but I'll probably use lightning or poison.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 am

lol so far 100% of the dudes id invaded were gangers :|
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 am

Ah, did you kill Gwyndolin and get SLB before going to NG+? Because if so I suggest getting your Faith up to 30 so you can buff your sword with that. You will hit so hard it is scary.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 am

No. I once tried to kill Dolin with a pyro and couldnt hit him in time so I;ve never tried with melee. I could always try on NG+ though it will be hard. Dragon slayer greatbow all the way lol. No this char went into NG+ before I had internet so I didnt feel the need to get the buff.
    'Also just won a fight against 2 gankers, one using a ring of fog to try and bs.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 am

I dont like smart gankers. Me and another hunter are in Alvinas area, the host and the phantom are low hp so they both run outside then the host great chaos fireballs the doorway, the lava gave them enough time to heal up. Be wary of that.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 am

Stupid smart ones......I had an Ornstein and Smough duo that got me by being clever two nights ago. Rather than rehash a butt whooping I will relate a victory from last night.

I spawn in the woodsiest area and see that another "dark spirit" is coming in. I head to the steps to see a *gasp* lone host fighting a red. I swear they were out to get me in the mix because the fight kept spilling over to where I was. Some flipping later and I didn't interfere in the duel. The host wins, barely, and heals. I of course use estus time to be lemon powered scythe time (like Tolvo said, Sunlight blade is ridiculous). The host is a petite flipping tank, fishing for backstabs. I whittle her down to almost nothing, she gets an estus chug in which does surprisingly small amounts of healing. In the 300 or 400 range I estimated. She's not even back to half health.....huh? She gets a backstab in, taking less than half my health.....huh x2? I knock her down to death's door again. Rather than knock for entry, she gets another low powered Estus chug in, again not going even to half health......what? Same thing happens.....she gets another backstab.....I'm still alive.....Interesting. I start chasing her down with my running attack which she has no idea how to handle.....TARGET DESTROYED! Sweet victory against an ok duelist.

721000 or so souls.......Whose a jigga what now? What the hell did she do with her stats that made it so she couldn't do more than half my life with a....of course....BKGA backstab? Resistance? Glad you didn't bleed on me lady but some real stats would helped you in that fight.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am

Tolvo wrote:Very great work you guys, and Welcome Mildred! I'll have to think of a funny MiT related name for you, unless you are fine with being Latrine haha. or Mary's assistant. And very great work backing off from those trying to gank Duellists, it really helps keep up our good image and shows great sportsmanship. Sadly I have no idea what level that guy is.

Chiz would you like to take the initiation duel?

Im happy to roll with whatever name you pick for me. Proper Bow
    Or you can be lazy and just call me Mildred 'Iron Tights' (MiT for short lol)

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 am

Mildred, I have nothing but respect for you so please remember this is purely for the sake of the MiT themes/jokes and refers to in game stuff only (please don't kill me).

Latrine might work because, IN GAME ONLY (I can't stress this enough), Mildred (did I say in game only yet?) is built like a brick version of Latrine's old family name "****house"

Although Mildred Iron Tights is pretty awexome
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 pm

My new str build for MiT that i feel like using winking mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=306802347 i could actually drop the faith and 2 attunement and gouge vit? Ideas?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Remak of build with no Faith mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=110152131
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Man that is one hard hitting melee build, especially since you have very deceptive weapons that can land strikes on people since they might not be able to judge exactly where you are hitting. Please tell me you are going to using a Resin on the Machete, because that's a very terrifying thought.

Mildred Latrine it is!

Skare I don't even know what the hell that person could have done, a mod toon could give that many souls from a poor player...But then why would they mod their toon and die in so few hits? I can't even wrap my mind around that one.

A little entertainment for you guys, I sometimes run a similar build to this person actually but I do it naked with the feathers and a Pickaxes instead of a G Axe.

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:12 pm

yeah i know it is scary and yeah extra 180dmg and stunlock effect from my DGM and then the chaos Garg H. will be my dps weap when the effect drops
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I know right......I figured pretty low level since the ax didn't look upgraded and the flask wasn't up all the way for sure. Skill level was actually decent. She shoulda won but primarily because I allowed her to heal. I was thinking, "Sweet, I GOT her! Time for my 10k in souls if that! WHAT WHAT WHAT???" I forgot the punchline earlier too. She, of course, indicted me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Alright, I've updated this thread a bit and added some discussion ideas, as well as a vote to be made in your posts.

Also I thought I might contribute a little story of mine to the bonfire. I was messing around in the forest on an into toon with a bit of faith just for fun, and I decided, "Alright, cosplay time." So for an entire hour I invaded dressed in the sage robes with the witches had, this toon has long gray hair and a beard, so guess who he looked like? I would invade with a sword in one hand and a staff in the other and run to the bridge, I carried WotG, Soul Spear, CHSM, and CMW. I would buff my weapon, cast light, and wait for them to come to me and cast WotG as they got near. I killed almost everyone as this is a total nuke build, but one guy finally got me and it was amazing. He ran around a corner so I waited for him, when he came out with the Royal helm, Dark Armor, and a Notched whip he buffed with Charcoal Resin. We fought, and this guy was amazing, eventually at the end I hit him just as he hit me, and we killed eachother. I got a message moments later.

"You are single handedly the greatest man I've ever run across in a video game."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:51 pm