Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Marino.
Emergence
Serious_Much
TehInfamousAmos
DigitaLinsanitY
RANT
Demon Slayer
SirArchmage
billy_bayonet
skarekrow13
Aigaios
Wilkinson3424
GrinTwist
FinPeku
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Thxodore
Acarnatia
WaffleGuy
Tolvo
23 posters

The Men in Tights 2.0

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The Men in Tights 2.0 Empty The Men in Tights 2.0

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Our Theme Song:

Let's face it, you've got to be a Man to wear Tights!

Hello there my fellow manly men!  I am here to talk with you about that rambunctious and joyous band of hunters who roam the forest stealing souls from the rich and ignoring the poor, yes those illustrious Men in Tights!  Those who seek to protect the weak and keep the forest clean of any and all who fight against the simple idea of having fun and being friendly to all!  First, let me lay down a few ground rules.

Rules

1:  Members must not send hatemail ever.

2:  Always wear a pair of tights, or the Pharis Hat.

3:  Kill any and all Gankers.

4:  Bow to any seeking a jolly fight.

5:  Ignore people genuinely going for the boss.

6:  Always be kind and courteous.

7:  Never take part in a gank.

8:  Always offer help to those in need.

9:  Liven things up and be silly when you can.

10:  Follow the Forum Guidelines.

The Uniform

Now then, I would love for everyone to run around in a full outfit but for the time being and for the sake of being practical, there will be two ways to identify a member.  The main one is a pair of tights worn, the only issue being as a phantom it is a bit hard to tell.  So, I am actually willing to look past a pair of tights, and say the Pharis Hat will be our pure symbol.  The most pure and complete form of our outfit will of course be the leather set with the Pharis hat.  Some gloves also go quite well with it, such as the Knight gloves.

Level

Being forest hunters we actually have no level restrictions at all thankfully!  You can make your toons belong to whatever weight class you want. I would like for people to have toons at either SL55 or SL120 for the sake of dueling and events but if you just wish to invade with tights and pal around that's fine by me.  You don't have to join in on our events.

Our Enemies.

Gankers, BS Fishers, and anyone out to ruin the community and hurt our friends!  Being mainly invaders in the forest we don't have to worry as often about friendly fire.  Reds are to be treated well unless you notice them doing something fishy or have in the past known them to be traitorous.  We are seeking to defeat gankers in silly ways while having fun, we aren't there to destroy the hope of new players or those having a bad day.

Our Allies and Friends

Treat any fellow hunter, Darkmoon, or Wraith with kindest of regards.  While this covenant requires members to be Forest Hunters exclusively, we have no qualms with those who are helping us out.  Offer them aid as well if it seems like they need it, but remember never gank!  Gravelords of course are always to be spared, and if you have any eyes of death drop a few for these kindred spirits who help us keep the fight going!

Current Allies

Historians of the World Part 1

The Noble Producers

The Young Frankenstein Joes

Defenders of Spaceballs

The Brides of Princesses

The Blazed Saddlers

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 13 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The Men in Tights 2.0 Empty Re: The Men in Tights 2.0

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:55 pm

How to Join
    Now then there are indeed requirements to joining the Men in Tights.  It is quite common for groups to require skill, past effort, evidence of activity and such to join.  This is to be expected really and is reasonable in ways.  Now throw that out the window and get rid of that proving yourself attitude.  We are the Men in Tights we roam around the forest looking for fights, we're here to have fun.  The requirement to join is to be a person that enjoys having fun doing things in a bit more of a silly and friendly manner.  If you find winning alone to be the way to enjoy yourself I'm not harping down on you but that just isn't how we do things around here.  To join you will need to post in the thread asking to join in.  I will then see how you act and talk and if I know you to be someone that is friendly and nice on the forum I'll likely welcome you.  If you are new to the forum I'll give you a sort of probation phase, or perhaps unpaid internship would be a better silly and incorrect thing to call it.  Essentially you will be a novice member but if you turn out to be fun and friendly I'll add you fully simple as that.  You don't have to prove to me that you can roll backstab, toggle escape, or that you know how to flip off of a ledge then land on a person and chain stab them infinitely towards a cliff before using dead angle stunlocks to knock them off.  You also don't have to be a man to be a Man in Tights.  We accept ladies as well.  

Teamwork:
    Members List
    Here you will find a list of all the current members of the Men in Tights, hopefully you see your name here.  I should also mention there will not be any real ranks.  I may listen to the words of some I trust but in truth you're all equal in here.  We're Men in Tights not a bunch of lords and ladies with titles lodged so far in our noses that we must pick them regularly just to introduce ourselves to a band of misfits.  You'll also get your own color that you get to request, because I like the idea of our members list looking like a ridiculous rainbow and that's that.

Tolvo of Locksley
    Wilkinson3424, Slayer of "Giants"
    FinPeku
    Little Skarekrow
    Billy the Noire
    Sir Sirington, the master of magic!(SirArchMage)
    The Virus Of Life(Demon Slayer)
    GrinTwist of Zena
    Aigi-o'-the-wisp
    Touchdown Rasta(Pendant)
    Rant SPLAT!

Tights of Old
    Some have come and gone, but their names will always live on in our halls.  These are members who have gone with honors, holding up the way of the Tights until their time of service ended.  Many of their tights are dusty and hanging upon our walls as we honor them by leaving them in the back room so we don't have to smell the foul stenches.  Also a reminder to members please clean your tights regularly.

Rin Blinkin
    TehinfamousAchu (Natalia Included)
    Mr. Doughboy Thaddeus III
    Little Skarekrow AKA The Dark Scythe
    Cloudeki Scarlet O'Hara
    Mildred Latrine
    Yesuurd
    Befowler
    Billy Bayonet, Billy Born.
    Sunbro4ever, and his sticky tights.
    Fattyofdoom, and his big tights.
    Shkar the Cardless

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 17 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Important Links
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14267-resource-threads-to-check-out-for-rookies-and-vets-20-New to the Forums or have a Question?  Check this thread, it probably can send you in the right direction.  The purpose of this thread is to answer any questions players can have before even needing to voice them, if any of my Men in Tights need to find something typically you can find it in one of the links in this thread.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2307-for-the-glory-of-alvina-Forest Hunter Tips and Tricks Thread.  As we will be hunting in the forest it is best to check this thread out.  It is full of useful tactics and information, as well as fellow hunters.  I heavily urge all members to check it out and get acquainted with our forest friends.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22160-forest-invasion-sl-ranges-Reim has been invading and testing the numbers to see what SL foes you will generally find at what SL's.  Very handy information for a forest hunter when creating a build.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14581-reim-s-guide-to-making-builds-A guide by Reim for making builds.  Quite a handy tool for many that you may wish to get acquainted with.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Current Events and News
    There are no current events.

Planned
    Currently we do not have any in the works.

In the Works
    I would love to discuss the idea of a Bows only night, Fight Club style.  Maybe we could even get Fight Club to sponsor this and get a ton of people together doing this at SL120, what do you guys think?  Sumo wrestling fights involving knocking people out of rings of prism stones, archery challenges to see who can hit the furthest target the most accurately on their first try.  Contests to see who can make the ugliest looking character possible and show it off or the ugliest armor combination with weapons included.

Voting
    Would people be interested in a Cross dress event?  Us wearing the clothes of maidens looking harmless while invading, then suddenly pulling out our weapons to strike!  Anyone interested?

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:58 pm

The Hall of Stories
    This thread will act as our home base and camp, while we can discuss tactics and ideas for events, as well as chat with one another it is also great to exchange stories about our exploits.  Like a bonfire I'd love to see your stories kindle this thread with glimpses of humanity.  I find we can grow together a lot easier if we see the plights and triumphs of each other, so never feel too bad about sharing and awesome story about killing a group of three using a bow!  Sit down, have some roast boar, and talk till your fannies grow numb from sitting around.

Inspiring Stories
    These inspiring stories will be events recounted by a forum member which are considered truly inspiring in the face of adversity while following the themes of friendship, honor, and tomfoolery.  I will be linking to said posts so that this doesn't get cluttered with massive walls of text.

An Important Historical Battle:

Tall Tales
    Now here is where the real dung of male cows goes, the entertaining kind.  This is where we will get the closest to roleplaying.  People are allowed to make up totally ludicrous stories that are clearly fabricated about battles between players or characters.  These aren't to be taken seriously in the slightest and barely need any laws of physics.  Somehow back flip off of each others face while neither of you are hit, dive over and under a blow that is on fire with scarecrows on each prong trying to shoot you with crossbows.  The sky is the limit and these are really only meant to be for entertainment purposes.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Looking the Part
    Now then let's go over the ways to distinguish yourself as a man in tights.  I will list of forms of leggings that are acceptable, if you wish to have one added merely suggest it to me and I will look over the armor piece.

Black Iron Leggings
    Chain Leggings
    Iron Leggings
    Hollow Thief's Tights
    Black Tights
    Black Leather Trousers
    Leather Trousers
    Chester's Trousers
    Leggings of Artorias
    Shadow Leggings
    Legging of Thorns

For the Full Outfit it will be the Pharis Hat, Leather Leggings, Chest Piece, and gloves.  However the gloves can be changed along with the tights worn which may be selected from the list above.  Below are the allowed gloves when worn with the Pharis Hat, Leather Chest Piece, and a pair of Tights.

Leather Gauntlets
    Knight Gauntlets
    Elite Knight Gauntlets
    Traveling Gloves
    Hard Leather Gauntlets
    Shadow Gauntlets
    Chester's Gloves

How often do you have to dress like this?  Well any time you are representing the Men in Tights which is at your leisure.  Unless you are taking part in an event on our behalf or actively hunting in a merry way you don't have to dress like this.  Think of this as an on duty uniform that you don't have to wear off duty.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Fisticuffs with your Tongue
    Well then as is customary in some groups we'll like to go at each other from time to time with some banter.  Perhaps you wish to do it in character or maybe you'd rather talk like a normal person.  In either case when engaging in a bout of insults with another there are two rules about how to do it among the Men in Tights.

Rule 1:  When engaging in banter and such tomfoolery with another put the text in green.  That way we know without a shadow of a doubt it's just joking around among friends and fellow members.  This is to help in ending the confusion in regards to what is or is not in jest, so if it is green it is in jest.  Try not to make the color too dark or bright so that it is hard to read.  This is a fine example of an acceptable color.  Fanny.

Rule 2:  Make it silly.  Don't just be some vulgar brute or overly serious ninny.  Instead try and be silly to the point where insults can't be taken serious in the slightest.  Don't tell someone they're bad at the game, tell them they fight as if horse shoes were laden within each boot and that when they trot into combat it is a wonder that deaf bees cannot sting to the rhythm of their careless footwork.  Something along those lines, make it fun.  Make it obvious it's a joke.  Make it something that isn't actually going to be taken seriously.  I don't believe that is asking much from a group of people running around the woods in tights.

Also for an extra bit of fun we could end up using some words to spice things up a bit when we eventually vent about dying to something we had no issue with prior to losing to it. There are also some terms I don't wish to see used in here such as salty, and umadbro.  They're just not creative and aren't even remotely funny, we try to bring a bit of class to even our butt jokes.  Puns are still acceptable.

Cheap=Discount

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Reserved.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Lore
    The Men in Tights care not for bragging about our own illustrious history, mind you it is illustrious, and instead we focus upon the Lore of Lordran.  We don't care to roleplay about kings and queens, lords and louts, barons and beggars, or even hunters and travelers involved in our past.  No instead we are interested in looking towards the Lore of Lordran itself.  Because of this when interesting threads that harbor such discussion are posted I will be linking them here so we can go into them and join together in musing about people such as Patches the Hyena and Hawkeye Gough to name a few.  If we are ever to join in battle with another covenant for whatever reason and they demand that we have a lore it's as simple as this.  We are a merry bunch of gents and ladies rumbling in the forces without royalty needing to be involved.  If that isn't enough then fart in their general direction and and continue going about your business.  Though if you really must know about our incredibly majestic past full of adventure and the journey of self discovery I suggest you watch the film Robin Hood Men in Tights.  You'll get the gist of it and likely a few chortles along with a lot of laughs.  Maybe a few tears if you're going to be weird about it.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3398-the-darkroot-woods-Darkroot Lore Discussion Thread.  For those of us who hunt not just those in the forest, but its secrets as well.  This is an old thread and likely there will not be new posts but it is still a good read.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t24230-is-lautrec-a-saint-A discussion about the saintly/holy status of Lautrec the Embraced of Carim.  Stop by and discuss why you believe he may be seen as a holy, unholy, or even truly neutral figure.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t24228-the-eradication-of-the-everlasting-dragons-A thread discussing why exactly and how the Ancient Dragons were wiped out by the humans, gods, and witches.  There are various possibilities as to why these beings were defeated, why do you believe the rebellion against the Dragons occurred? 

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2865-linking-internal-and-external-lore-norse-arthurian-and-etymology-in-dark-souls-A thread for discussing the link between internal and external lore.  The references in game to outside sources as well as the original myths and legends that perhaps inspired aspects of Dark Souls.  This is a personal favorite of mine.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Reserved.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Possibly reserved.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:Possibly reserved.
    Had to remove the GIF, twas a shrug.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 pm

http://home.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/
    Interesting covenant. I'm guessing you're based in the Darkroot Garden, Forest and/or Basin?
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:55 pm

This brings tears of joy to my eyes
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

You can count on me of course, Tolvo.

Point the way and I'll follow. I fear for the community we are facing, however, it's become so vile it may be difficult even for the MiT. I have faith we'll reform them, however. If not all at thenleast some, and that it is still a victory.:pharis: 
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Indeed we will be seeing some action within the forest among other places.

And don't worry Pendant, we're in this whole thing together.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh... Damn... Count me in! 

We shall go on to the end, 
    We shall not flag or fail
    We shall fight on seas and oceans
    We shall defend our forest
    Whatever the cost may be!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:53 pm

As soon as I finish updating stuff, resizing images, and doing the whole construction phase.  Though I believe I might fall asleep soon against my will.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:25 pm

I love cross-dressing! Little know fact about me: I bought Reah's and Dusk's dresses off the internet and I wear them regularly. Authentic too, 100% cotton.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:53 pm

This will be for PC too, right? If so, I might join once I get set up on the PC.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:07 am

You can add me as member, BTW.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:03 am

Alright I've decided to go through with this anyway.  How to join has been edited in along with some other information though I'm still going through things.

Tell your friends about what I'm doing here in bringing back the MiT.  Tell them that I will vow to put an end to things being boring and dull.  Right the wrongs.  End the stagnation.  Restore the forum.  Protect the forest.  Introduce break dancing.  Demand a six day work week and health care for the Darknmoon Blades and Darkwraith.

Also PC members are a fine thing, we might just not be able to interact in game much at all since there aren't many PC players on the forum.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Tolvo!

This covenant is going to be the most fun I've ever had in the forest, I usually just flip around with magicks and other un-fun things, as I like to call them.

This will definitely help me improve if i'm to limit myself with weapons that are outside of my comfort zone, fighting the harshest beast in the game.

This is the build I plan to hunt with!

http://mmdks.com/3w5q

If you will give me the honour of accepting me, this is what I'd like to be known as!

Wilkinson3424, Slayer of "Giants"

Spoiler:
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Do the Leggings of Thorns count as tights? They kinda look the part.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:56 pm

That must sucking putting those pants on... One mistake and....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 pm