Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
FinPeku
Federally
footsied
FattyOfDoom
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
Rynn
Extertionist
mugenis4real
Shkar
Brokewilly
ViralEnsign_
ChizFreak
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
befowler
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
Rin
Yesuurd
Tolvo
29 posters

The Men in Tights

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

The Men in Tights - Page 19 Empty Re: The Men in Tights

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Out of curiosity, I was wondering if you guys could come up with any cool/effective strategies for the build I am going to use for my MiT character:

Rocky, the Pugilistic Prankster

(The points in Resistance is too bump him up to an even 120 and help with dung pies)

Holy crap. The Men in Tights - Page 19 1330857165

I know, horrifying to have to play right? Haha, just think of it as a fun/troll character. Long Story short, I'm not good enough at parrying yet to be able to play it well, so any hints on that would be great as well.

I'm not even asking for some death-defying 37 point plan, just some humourous, possibly effective strategies you guys can come up with. Heck, ways to actually manage to lead hosts to mobs would be great, I have trouble getting them to actually follow me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 am

roll roll roll punch - repeat. jog side to side like a boxer. Dance around them like you're in a boxing ring.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:04 am

lol....that ^^
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 pm

CMW on a caestus would be funny, like using broken glass. Saw a vid of someone doing that with a dragonbone fist build, it was hilarious.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 pm

If you do that you better give them a war they won't believe.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:If you do that you better give them a war they won't believe.

My current strategies are basically try to lead them to mobs and using Poison Throwing Daggers, Dung Pies, and Lloyd's Talismans.

I also employ mental warfare tactics such as simply dodging their attacks, strafing around them constantly, and running around near them and rolling through all their trees.

Basically, I sow as much chaos as I can in a war of attrition.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Well, tonight I plan to do something that will force me to play without my usual safety net. I'm going in with light weight 0 poise armor and using my hardest hitting weapons, GSoA, DSB and G. Halberd and MLGS in the wings. I'm also gonna take off my pyro flame and my grasscrest so I'll be 2h everything. Hopefully this helps my stamina matenance and my ganker sniping skills.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Good luck out there tonight gentleman

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Alright, I've been out of the forest because of my sickness, and I was right to so as the focus I needed tonight just wasn't there, but my god my final fight of the night.

I invaded a world to see "Dark Spirit Etc has been Vanquished."

I see a host and think, "Really? Just one? JUST ONE? My god, a duellist? A good host, be praised, by the very-"

Then I saw the golden phantom with him poise stacked, he was an end build meaning he had to two hand his DGM, it was Chaos. He also had enough faith to cast WotG, but apparently not enough for DMB or SLB. The host was a dex and int Build, as I could see via the CSS soaring towards my face. I rolled around and strafed getting a bit of an idea before jumping into the fray attacking the summon, then the host. Both flipped away and started to cast what I assumed was TwoP, turned out they were healing...Ug.

So this continues for around, five minutes. I'm constantly dodging around hitting them when I can, every now and then the phantom hits me for about half my health, then I roll away and humanity behind some trees. A few times i parry and riposte them, but their armor and health is just too great since I don't use Hornet's ring.

Finally I get far enough to cast CMW and CHSM, for some reason all night it would just instantly detonate in all directions, I have no idea why. I charge and get a stunlock on the host, but the Phantom BS'ed me. I had twenty HP and roll away, rolling for my life and casting WotG once to get some breathing room. Finally I see it, the flask. Note, they had twenty flasks. I counted, twenty flasks. In total I'll say, they used heal five times, humanity eleven times, and flasked twenty times. Ten minutes into this fight I'm in terrible condition, when suddenly I see "Dark Spirit has Invaded."

I rejoice just as I'm getting BS'ed for almost all of my health. As I'm rising I see the Blue Phantom draw near, as if I'm crawling on the ground towards him when he pulls out his catalyst and targets me. The phantom and host stand back to watch him finish me off, as I'm a Dark Wraith when suddenyly...
    "Phantom Etc has been Vanquished."

I had done around seven hundred damage prior to the BS, to the phantom. He finished the job with his CSS. Then I popped a humanity as the host flasked, and the blue merely watched while throwing talismans. That host tried to BS fish, tried to run, use every nook and cranny, cast CSS to hit the blue, and he just watched. He watched as I finally got my revenge on this host. I finally got him with a BS as he had just run out of flasks. The Blue ran up to me and bowed, I returned the favour. We both jumped for joy just as he vanished.

I need a capture card and recording Equipment.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Great fight Tolvo! I know I would not have lasted nearly as long as you did.

Problem is, at least on XBL, even if I did they would still taunt like crazy if they killed me, even if I had forced them to heal a whopping three dozen times. It makes it very annoying to play on XBL sometimes...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 pm

The gankers are like that on the PS3 as well, it's just how people are. They're assholes.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:37 pm

How'd that get through the filter?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:37 pm

The forum knows some things are just right.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Tolvo wrote:The gankers are like that on the PS3 as well, it's just how people are. They're assholes.

Well, I feel for you. It really grinds my gears when they taunt after killing a character who is so outside the norm as to be considered insane (by myself, at least).

I'm using caestus and one piece of armor. I am as close to harmless as you can get without just being an idiot. It's no accomplishment to kill me when you even have a 2v1 advantage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 pm

See if I saw you I would put on a pair of tights, and take out my own Chaos Caestus. I'd praise the sun away from you in two directions, as if praising a crowd. Then I'd point at you, then we'd wrassle!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

Tolvo wrote:See if I saw you I would put on a pair of tights, and take out my own Chaos Caestus. I'd praise the sun away from you in two directions, as if praising a crowd. Then I'd point at you, then we'd wrassle!

Hah, I actually had someone take off their weapons the other day. (sadly, their phantom didn't, and I was still beaten.

Probably the highlight of that evening of invasions, all things considered.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey Tolvo with your current ummm depression over the state of the online community whats going to happen here?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:44 pm

The Men in Tights can still easily exist, as well I might bounce back you never no. Yesuurd currently can still duel people to accept them in, as he was deputized. As well people can still send in a video for me to make a judgement if they are in or not.

Plus with the Bonfire people can still share their stories and what not.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Tolvo, be sure to look up the lifehunter uniforms when wyrm posts them. I spent an hour with basic ideas, and 3 more with wymn deciding, altering, and optimising them so I'm rather proud.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Wait, why did you post this here? Aren't you going to post them in the Lifehunter thread?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Wyrm, not me.

Tights and laughter. See i'm on topic.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 01, 2012 12:46 am

I do hope you make a return tolvo. It's not as fun hunting without you possibly popping up to surprise everyone. Fingers crossed, man.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 01, 2012 12:52 am

Also theres a lot less posting without you 150 daily posts getting everyone else to argue/talk to you.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 01, 2012 1:41 am

By the spandex tights of Tolvo, I actually raked in some pretty decent kills tonight!

First match of the night was against a gold phantom using the DSS and a host in mid-light armor mainly using sorceries. Using a rather extreme mount of rolling, I eventually managed to get a backstab on the phantom when he was already missing some health, finishing him off (Host kept healing him), and then a bit later managed to get a OHK BS on the host, for my first 2v1 victory on that character!

I managed to get off a parry at the start of the match with a guy using a painting guardian sword (luck), before he used a divine blessing, buffed it with sunlight blade (twice) and kept coming after me. Finally,after him managing to heal a few times I finally resorted to chain backstabing him to death (He was a flipping giant too boot...)

As a final interesting story, I invaded someone with the Gravelord smoke around them! In True MiT fashion I bowed, backed up, dropped an EoD, and backed up. He cheered, dropped me a Twin Humanity and a gold coin, and we danced around a bit. Another phantom invaded, and just walked off the edge.I walked over to the edge, bowed, and backed off...

Only to invade him again. This time we both bowed, and practiced a bit of parrying with bare fists. Another phantom invaded, I faced my back to the host to let him BS me for a kill, and we parted ways.

All in all, a very good night compared to my previous attempts. There was a lot more success, and a lot fewer taunters.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 am

Its good to know our allies are out there helping us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 am