Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
lextune
BLA1NE
ChizFreak
RANT
Klosterheim
9 posters

Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy

Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy Empty Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy

Post by Klosterheim Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am

In order to get all trophies and achievements, do you need to play through 2 1/2 games at a bare minimum? The 1/2 accounts for the fact that you have to get Sif's soul 3 times.

Is that right? Has anyone here done it? I'm going to try, but it may take me many, many moons.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy Empty Re: Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:44 am

you can alway trade boss souls and you can do it in one playthrough.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy Empty Re: Number of playthroughs for Platinum Trophy

Post by ChizFreak Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 am

Yeah it's like that, though I used 1 toon to get all sorceries and then another to get all miracles and weapons.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:19 am

Took me like 8 playthroughs lol!

It's because I did it way back in October, which had 2 problems:

- Pre-patch, it took either 50 Fth, or a high number of co-op sessions to join the sunbros
    - Back then, there were few players high-level

I needed to rank up in the Sunbros to get the last miracle I was missing, so I figured it would be quicker to join by leveling my Fth to 50 and start co-oping then, to start racking in the sunlight medals right away. Except I failed to account that raising my Fth that high made me SL130... Nobody was co-oping at that level back in October. I had already done 3 playthroughs to get everything else, now all I was missing was 10 sunlight medals to rank up and get my last miracle--except I couldn't co-op. So I rushed through NG+s to get the few medals you get offline, missed a few in each playthrough, and ended up needing 7 or 8 playthrought total to get all the trophies (so my main is NG+7 now!).
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:57 am

You can farm sunlight medals from the maggots....

....just saying....

It took me about five or six playthroughs. But I was in no hurry. I got all the sorceries with my mage build. All the pyro with my pyro build. Etc. Etc. Etc.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:59 am

They didn't drop Sunlight Medals pre-patch.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 am

Took me 2 1/2 playthroughs, right after killing Sif. I did it with my Str/Faith toon, SL 180.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:29 am

I'm trying for the platinum too for the first time in my gaming career. Usually trophies and/or acheivements don't interest me (if one pops up it's a surprise) but somehow Dark Souls is different. I really want this trophy because Dark Souls is a special game and I want my first platinum (and probably my last) to be for Dark Souls. I know it will take me a long time but I don't care. I regard it as my own personal 'Everest'.

I read somewhere that the 'Channelers Trident' is one of the rare weapons you have to get for the 'Knight's Trophy'. Is this true because it isn't listed in the guide.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:32 am

I think the Knight's trophy actually requires you to have a certain number of weapons in a longer list. Because if you look at a lot of guides, they all list most of the same weapons, but a few on each are different. So I'm guessing those are the weapons they had when they got the trophy. When I got the trophy, I didn't have all the weapons on the list I was using, but had some that were on other lists and not that particular one. (Example: I only got a titanite Catch Pole 5 months after getting the trophy! And that one is on many lists.)

So: Channeller's Trident is counted for the trophy, yes. That said, do you need it to get the trophy? I'm not sure...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:00 am

Took me 2 1/2 playthroughs w/ my battle mage. I accidentally fed my channeler's trident to Frampt on my first playthrough so I had to beg people for it when I summoned them for about a week before someone was kind enough to give one to me. Yes, you can get any of the boss souls in NG if you can find someone to donate, but for me it's no better than getting all of the weapons gifted to you from a mule.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:45 pm

One character, 2 ½ playthroughs. The last trophy for me was the +5 chaos weapon. I actually accidentally hit Vamos and he got angry. I thought that I would need to start a yet again new playthrough. Luckily, Oswald is a nice guy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm