Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Share
    avatar
    Dragon Hat
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-03-16

    Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Dragon Hat on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:17 pm

    So far, I've made 4 different characters, gotten to NG+ or NG++ with each of them. Now I want to get the platinum trophy. I already did it in Dark Souls, so it seems necessary for me to go back to Demon's Souls. Not gonna lie, I'm a little lazy. If anyone has all the rings or unique weapons or +10/+5 weapons, would you mind giving them to me for long enough for me to get the trophies, then I'll give them back? I did that for a few people in Dark Souls, so I don't feel bad asking. (I've since given away almost all my equipment with the Dark Souls character who had everything. Once I stopped using him I had no need for any of it anymore.) Let me know if any of you are interested! I can give you whatever equipment I have with either of my characters worth using, or anything I have in Dark Souls, in return for this. Thanks!
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by CarverUpqik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 am

    if only i hadnt deleted my platinum character id help but then again it was level 547 :/


    _________________
    avatar
    Dragon Hat
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-03-16

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Dragon Hat on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 pm

    Ah man! That would've been fantastic! Oh well! Thanks anyway.
    avatar
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Dark EngeLando!

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Halicarnassis on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

    Dude I'm going through the same... Platinumed DkS last year and wanted to try Demons again. I've got a few unique weapons left to collect and need to max a few others and am 73% there but I keep getting killed in the swamp by that black phantom... its so annoying I've rage quit many times! I'm only on NG+ though so may hit it up this weekend again.... lets see..


    _________________
    DMB vs SLB.. results here -  bit.ly 153iRJV
    PSN ID: Halicarnassis Twitter: @Halicarnassis
    Tweets by @Halicarnassis

    LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    avatar
    Dragon Hat
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-03-16

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Dragon Hat on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

    I'm not nearly as far in as you are. If I get anything you need, I'll pass it along.
    avatar
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1652
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Otherwhere

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by SlakeMoth on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 pm

    That Black Phantom in the swamp has got me every time. Anyone any ideas on how to beat it? it sort of comes out of nowhere and stun locks me before I can do anything. It's a pain. Wish I had a rusted iron ring like the one in Dark Souls.
    avatar
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Dark EngeLando!

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Halicarnassis on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 pm

    I've sniped him with an arrow or two to bring him closer and then tried to get him to fight me on one of the mounds of earth so I dont stagger when I walk. its tricky though, rolling around dodging and all. But the black bugger has a fast stunlock


    _________________
    DMB vs SLB.. results here -  bit.ly 153iRJV
    PSN ID: Halicarnassis Twitter: @Halicarnassis
    Tweets by @Halicarnassis

    LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    avatar
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 196
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 33
    Location : NB, Canada

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Tchuwib on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

    The best way I've found to get the platinium done is doing complete offline to avoid random invasion and better tracking of your world tendency. Then recently I've found a wiki that give a nice walkthrough of the platinium item to get. It require the use of the duplication item glitch, but hey, once you pretty much did everything, you can turn a blind eye on that.

    avatar
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 307
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-12-18
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Fry1156 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:57 pm

    SlakeMoth wrote:That Black Phantom in the swamp has got me every time. Anyone any ideas on how to beat it? it sort of comes out of nowhere and stun locks me before I can do anything. It's a pain. Wish I had a rusted iron ring like the one in Dark Souls.

    I use the thief ring, then try to fight the black phantom on one of the islands.
    I also find bleeding weapons work well.
    avatar
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Dark EngeLando!

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Halicarnassis on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:07 am

    @fry - good tip bud +1 for that!


    _________________
    DMB vs SLB.. results here -  bit.ly 153iRJV
    PSN ID: Halicarnassis Twitter: @Halicarnassis
    Tweets by @Halicarnassis

    LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    avatar
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 307
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-12-18
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Fry1156 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:16 am

    Dragon Hat wrote:So far, I've made 4 different characters, gotten to NG+ or NG++ with each of them. Now I want to get the platinum trophy. I already did it in Dark Souls, so it seems necessary for me to go back to Demon's Souls. Not gonna lie, I'm a little lazy. If anyone has all the rings or unique weapons or +10/+5 weapons, would you mind giving them to me for long enough for me to get the trophies, then I'll give them back? I did that for a few people in Dark Souls, so I don't feel bad asking. (I've since given away almost all my equipment with the Dark Souls character who had everything. Once I stopped using him I had no need for any of it anymore.) Let me know if any of you are interested! I can give you whatever equipment I have with either of my characters worth using, or anything I have in Dark Souls, in return for this. Thanks!

    I'm going for my 2nd plat in demons if you keep this thread updated with what you still need I'll try to help where I can.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Trying to get that Platinum Trophy!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 am