Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+69
Rassa
Darkson
PhlyingDutchman
Chaos Spectre
his1n-
vixder/pennywise
kinkokinko
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
aprilmanha
NedroidPrime
Zechk
Yukon
CMP-Shock
Dustofsaturn
Sal Paradise
Railage
PsychoCT
berkut
BartholomewWenceslas
johnnyjwa
Artorias
JoocyJ003
SlakeMoth
Henkyona
Danthuyer
Uparkaam
DanielCdable
Doelker
The Once-Ler
Klosterheim
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kiwi_commander
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
javarush214
Rona
rbmaster
Rynoa
Diavir
ScottieDOESknow
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
mugenis4real
FexDS
DoughGuy
ARSP
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
callipygias
peaceful_sabre
Maneater_Mildred
Langoulk
Flubious
Griever
DxV04
Emergence
Sunbro4evar
ChizFreak
Tolvo
User
Whknight
ublug
73 posters

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 8 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 pm

To those who oppose a PC port, I'm sorry but I just gotta ask...why? I see no huge negatives to doing so, at worst they will create weird mods and hacks, but those won't interfere with us on the consoles at all :|
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 8 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 pm

the game will be pirated and modded, and us console fans dont want to see that happen to such a beautiful game,and porting will probably delay the next game in the series
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:15 pm

If the big announcement is a pc port ill be very sad. A DLC would be sooooo awesome.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Artorias wrote:the game will be pirated and modded, and us console fans dont want to see that happen to such a beautiful game,and porting will probably delay the next game in the series

I'll concede the point of pirating, but what's wrong with modding? Mods are harmless and entirely optional to the player, so if you don't want them you can ignore them. And as its been said here, porting is something done by Namdai, not FROM, so if they were already working on the next game for some reason it wouldn't interfere with that since FROM is hardly involved in the process. Also, as I said earlier, anything that happens in the PC community won't affect the console community, so (with the exception of piracy hurting FROM) anything that happens there will have little to no effect on us anyway. I still just don't see too many problems that outweigh the positives of more than doubling the player base :|

Heck, I even have a PC gamer friend who says he'd love to play these games, he just doesn't want to invest in a console solely for it.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

modding means people on pc may get better gameplay quality than us although dark is originally a console game. also who told you namco is porting?
    people can also mod for infinite health/end what ever they want!

have you seen the condition skyrim is in for pc?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Artorias wrote:modding means people on pc may get better gameplay quality than us although dark is originally a console game. also who told you namco is porting?
    people can also mod for infinite health/end what ever they want!

have you seen the condition skyrim is in for pc?

It means they get a different experience, not necessarily a better one. You bring up modding as a way to show the sorry state Skyrim is in, then say it would improve Dark Souls instead? Like I said if you don't like mods you can always ignore them, nobody forces you to play with mods. As to the infinite health/end/whatever, we already have that on the Xbox version, that's nothing new to the consoles, let alone a PC version. And read this thread about Namdai running the port, others have already said it better than me.

If Dark Souls comes to the PC and devolves into some awful mess, then I will say again, it wont affect us console players at all. The only thing I see a PC port doing to this game is increasing its exposure to more gamers.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:48 pm

i never said skyrim was in a "sorry state" you percieved it that way. what i meant was there are loads of people modding. also modding is only used to make something better...not worse
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 pm

The only thing I have against a PC port would be that it would a be major disappointment seeing as how it has no effect on console players at all.
    *crosses fingers for DLC*
    I would really love some new weapons, armor, or spells. Gotta love collecting things lol
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

It is tough to justify denying PC players Dark Souls on the argument of modding. It turns into a debate about if it is right to deny PC players the ability to ever play Dark Souls on the grounds that their mods could make their experience different than ours, which is not really a debate with a truly right or wrong answer. However, it can be said that a PC development would likely bring in more publicity for Dark Souls, which in a way is a double edged sword (which I won't get into with this immediate post). Despite some potential negatives that could come out of Dark Souls getting a PC port, I think there are a number of potential benefits to it as well, and we won't really be sure what the net result of it all will be until it happens, we can guess, but we can't be sure. Anyways, while I think that an announcement through the facebook page of a PC port would be a bit of a disappointment to us console players, I think that it would also be a point of siginificant excitement for PC players, so if that is the news that is announced, I suppose that I could be content knowing that many new players will get the chance to experience the initial feelings of shock and awe as they go through their first time playthrough that I think many of us wish we could go back and experience all over again happy.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:13 am

yea why post it on facebook when most of their fans on are console players. good luck playing darksouls with the key board
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am

Artorias wrote:yea why post it on facebook when most of their fans on are console players. good luck playing darksouls with the key board

They're obviously just gonna plug an xbox remote into their computers. Wait, why do they want the port again? silly
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 pm

JoocyJ003 wrote:My cats breathe smells like cat food.

Random off-topic thread 2.0.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Uparkaam wrote:
    JoocyJ003 wrote:My cats breathe smells like cat food.

Random off-topic thread 2.0.

It cant beat the record of my thread's 2400 odd posts then give it a go silly
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm

ENB said: The problem with porting Dark Souls to the pc is the controls. The game is designed to be played on a controller. Playing it on a keyboard will ultimately make it a different game.

Basically what he's saying is that because of the keyboard controller it wont be the same game. You can plug a controller into your computer but I doubt EVERYONE will invest in that.

On the other hand, I'd love a port to pc because mods greatly effect a games life and future. Fallout and Oblivion both release mod packs of user made mods that spice up the game a bit. They could also add or improve mechanics for use in future games.

Personally I'd hate for this big announcement to be a pc port. A pc port wouldn't benefit dark souls fans, it would benefit pc only gamers who want to play dark souls on the pc. I'm hoping for a new patch, or dlc. Something along the lines of improved/more content.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Agreed ErrJon, of they're getting Dark Souls fans to break down the wall of pretense and failed suspense then making the announcement a PC port I will be severely disappointed. Just contradicts who the hype is for if I'm honest
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Hyping it up this much, it has to be something great.

My band does this same thing. We'll record a song, then tell people we'll release it after a certain number of likes. The difference is its not a pc port and they usually get us there in 10-20 hours hahaha. Not several days.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:47 pm

To their credit they did employ moss as the destructive agent for the wall making the speed at which it seems it will come down to be fairly accurate. Perhaps it's a clever insult that we're all so obsessed we'll watch moss grow as long as someone says "Dark Souls" first.

Has anyone noticed that the "like" count has been 7k for awhile now meaning the "likes" have decelerated yet the moss has not? Since we've already had a Ralph Wiggum quote I'll go South Park and "call shenanigans" on this.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

"Rosebud"

My quote beats all of yours!

...Alright that's it, making a Charles Foster Cain build!

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Has anyone noticed that the "like" count has been 7k for awhile now meaning the "likes" have decelerated yet the moss has not?

Anyone care to post an updated image for those of us who don't use facebook? winking
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 8 After_11
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 pm

i hope its a sequel or dlc instead of a pc port
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:55 pm

I havent been following the thread very closely, where is the moss? Is it a screenshot in a place in the game?
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:I havent been following the thread very closely, where is the moss? Is it a screenshot in a place in the game?

It's an app on the DS facebook page happy
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

imo it doesnt make sense for it to be a pc port
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Artorias wrote:Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 8 After_11

Thanks for posting the pic, Artorias.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 pm