Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+69
Rassa
Darkson
PhlyingDutchman
Chaos Spectre
his1n-
vixder/pennywise
kinkokinko
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
aprilmanha
NedroidPrime
Zechk
Yukon
CMP-Shock
Dustofsaturn
Sal Paradise
Railage
PsychoCT
berkut
BartholomewWenceslas
johnnyjwa
Artorias
JoocyJ003
SlakeMoth
Henkyona
Danthuyer
Uparkaam
DanielCdable
Doelker
The Once-Ler
Klosterheim
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kiwi_commander
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
javarush214
Rona
rbmaster
Rynoa
Diavir
ScottieDOESknow
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
mugenis4real
FexDS
DoughGuy
ARSP
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
callipygias
peaceful_sabre
Maneater_Mildred
Langoulk
Flubious
Griever
DxV04
Emergence
Sunbro4evar
ChizFreak
Tolvo
User
Whknight
ublug
73 posters

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 5 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by ChizFreak Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:21 pm

ScottieDOESknow wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:To be honest I've never seen a cheater in any game in my PS3.

:suspect:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dark+souls+ps3+glitch&oq=dark+souls+ps3+glitch&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=830l4383l0l4714l21l21l0l5l5l0l172l1412l7.9l16l0

BB glitch says hi

lol!

That's not a hack or a cheat. It's a glitch. Learn something, almost every game has glitches, just not everyone has exploitable ones, and less has exploitable ones in multiplayer.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 5 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by ChizFreak Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 pm

READ THIS!

The wall is different, it's 6k likes and the wall now has some yellow-ish srachts on it. Check the original screenshot:

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 5 After_10

Now check how is now:

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 5 After_02

See the yellow marks in the center of the wall?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Source: http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1221256p1.html

IGN has said that the rumors point to a PC version, BUT! with new content! And that that new content would be available to Console users too in the form of DLCs! That it's a theory of them though.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Hope this is not a letdown like the promise of things to come from the Preparetodie website only to find out that they were shamelessly promoting their facebook and twitter pages for "likes". DLC is looking promising though based on IGN comments and I would gladly partake since it will probably be another year and a half or two years before a new Souls entry is released.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Alright, bring me to this wall. I shall break it down with my own two fists! If they shall fail me I shall crack it with my skull! And if my body goes limp, well you best use me as a damn battering ram. Every inch of my body shall be used to tear down this barrier and possible heaven!

...So I guess time to wait for people to like it.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:50 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs
    Meanwhile in FromSoft HQ....

????????????????????????????????????????Whats with the ten hour vids??????????????i can't see who would actually watch it all or how long they take to actually make..............???????????????
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Actaully i think i figured out Y. so you can listen to the same thing for up to ten hours striaght. Not enough? make a playlist with the same song and put it on repeat.....on it goes....and on....and on......and on.........and on.........and on...............and on...........................and on............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 pm

My computer wouldn't even run the game in low def if it is a PC port... I can't even imagine myself doing a riposte with a mouse and keyboard...
    And just thinking that the extra content could only be available for the pc version makes me feel kind of hollow inside.... Uhhhh!!!
    You know what would be so great???? Not only DLC but a whole expansion!!! New locations, weapons, miracles, npc's and a freaking use for the darn pendant so Glyph can finally rest...
    But I guess that sounds to good to be true.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Doelker wrote:My computer wouldn't even run the game in low def if it is a PC port... I can't even imagine myself doing a riposte with a mouse and keyboard...
    And just thinking that the extra content could only be available for the pc version makes me feel kind of hollow inside.... Uhhhh!!!
    You know what would be so great???? Not only DLC but a whole expansion!!! New locations, weapons, miracles, npc's and a freaking use for the darn pendant so Glyph can finally rest...
    But I guess that sounds to good to be true.

I would love an expansion or a DLC.

Anyway, the controls aren't too hard to port. Just something like:

Left Click: Attack
    Right Click: Strong attack
    Left Shift: Parry
    WASD: movement.
    F: Action.
    Spacebar: Dodge
    Holding Spacebar while moving: Sprint.
    Middle mouse button/wheel button: Lock On
    Left Alt: Parry
    Q: Change Left weapon
    E: Change Right weapon
    Mouse Wheel Up: Change Spell
    Mouse Wheel Down: Change Item

Not so hard see?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Saw the cereal thing on my phone while I was out and busted a gut, +1 to you sir. On the subject of the wall, six thousand likes in order to put a single scratch on it... I don't like the numbers that it is insinuating.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Thx to the person who put that link to 10 hour vids. IM STILL LISTENING TO THEM AND CANT STOP YET.....(i hope its a yet T_T)
    ScottieDOESknow
    ScottieDOESknow

Post by ScottieDOESknow Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm

ChizFreak wrote:To be honest I've never seen a cheater in any game in my PS3.

ScottieDOESknow wrote:

:suspect:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dark+souls+ps3+glitch&oq=dark+souls+ps3+glitch&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=830l4383l0l4714l21l21l0l5l5l0l172l1412l7.9l16l0

BB glitch says hi

lol!

ChizFreak wrote:
    That's not a hack or a cheat. It's a glitch.
    by definition..... they're practically the same thing when it comes to (video) games

ChizFreak wrote:learn something
    no need to be condescending or rude

ChizFreak wrote: almost every game has glitches, just not everyone has exploitable ones, and less has exploitable ones in multiplayer.

Glitch - A technique or exploit used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game.

Cheating refers to immoral way of achieving a goal. (in DkS the goal would be leveling char or obtaining gear/items)

Exploiting a glitch IS cheating and that's not my opinion, just a fact.

So, my question to you is, are you coming off as defensive and condescending because you BB glitch and want to justify it?
    or are you just confused on the definitions?

Either way, I hope I cleared things up for you

cheers
    ❤
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:57 pm

*Becomes hollow and bashes his head against the wall*
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Take the glitch talk somewhere else, honestly that link to youtube is probably breaking Rule 7 and I don't want this thread to get locked.
    ScottieDOESknow
    ScottieDOESknow

Post by ScottieDOESknow Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:01 pm

fair enough, I believe I made my point
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Any one know Japanese and can check sites/media on this subject?
    The idea that Namco is doing all of this and From hasn't done **** has me quite worried...
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:07 pm

[Gaming Entertainment]

Apparently, Dark Souls may be on its way to the PC as Namco Bandai has talked about a petition to have cult hit Dark Souls ported to the PC and at the beginning of the year, they mentioned this game because the demand has caught their attention. Additionally, it seems like an Australian PC magazine is giving us a little more information to base this on.
    On the back page of the most recent edition of PC Powerplay the game’s trademark YOU DIED has been spotted in the familiar font as a teaser to next month’s issue and Kotaku report on this opening responses to this getting confirmed sometime this week. This might start getting PC gamers agitated but this is not confirmed yet, and there will be plenty of gamers interested in giving it a go, as expectation is high and many want to see how hard this title really is................

continues on http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20120321/reaction-to-dark-souls-pc-port-confirmation-imminent/

I'm guess if anything there will be atleast a pc version to be announced
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 pm

I still hope it's some DLC and not a dumb PC port.

There will always be some people out there who make mods for any computer game, I don't know how but it always happens and ruins the game.

Mainly Diablo and the whole map hack/bot running programs. I'm not saying something like that will happen with Dark Souls, but it's always a possibility isn't it? It would just ruin the game :c...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Mods for the PC.

Solaire, Nude Edition.

Every NPC is Siegmeyer.

Gwyn carries a lolipop.

Btown has an elevator.

Tomb of the Giants, bright edition!

Damnit, we don't need any more Victor Frankenstein's!
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Tolvo wrote:Mods for the PC.

Solaire, Nude Edition.

Hahaha...
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:55 pm

I agree with Tolvo on this and assuming the Left 4 Dead is true, and I can see it being possible just haven't researched it, the Xbox version may get really bad.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:08 am

Whknight wrote:I agree with Tolvo on this and assuming the Left 4 Dead is true, and I can see it being possible just haven't researched it, the Xbox version may get really bad.

My older brother works with computers and he says it's really not that hard to bring PC hacks over to the Xbox360 because of its hardware being much more similiar to the average computer than the PS3, as well as its relatively low secuirity. Microsoft relies on the Xbox live community to report hackers to keep their numbers in check, but I fear with the release of Dark Souls on PC...the non-cheaters may be overrun.
    rbmaster
    rbmaster

Post by rbmaster Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

javarush214 wrote:Hmm.... It could be that what they meant by darksouls going to pc would be a darksouls application in FB.

From told they're looking for new markets like Tablets and Smartphones...

I seriously hope this announcement has nothing to do with it!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am

Still waiting...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 am

I'm not waiting, I'll just see whenever you guys start going mad over something finally happening and forget about it till then big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 am