Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Kerberos-013
Rudmed
billy_bayonet
wolfboy
hageshisa
Noir_CZ
Nccbd
DoughGuy
bmurn
cloudyeki
Serious_Much
peaceful_sabre
kiwi_commander
aceluby
Gol
Doelker
Rynoa
DxV04
WyrmHero
Maneater_Mildred
JohnnyHarpoon
eninala
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PhlyingDutchman
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
33 posters

Dark Moon Blades.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Dark Moon Blades. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Moon Blades.

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Oh yeah, just a slight trick that I used to use as a Darkmoon against farmers back when I was mainly a moon. Sometimes they will wait past the first bonfire before the spinning circular bridge, thingy. If it is down run past them and flip it to go up. You can use force or your weapons to keep them from getting on with you, or separate them. If separated, kill the one with you. If not, head for the rafters and wait with a Dragonslayer bow. Expect either a patient wait before you get the kill, or a disconnect. However keep looking from the platform from time to time. If you don't see them, get back to the rafters. If you do see them, they're ignoring you and waiting for the next invader. Cross the rafters and get near the strut leading to the rafters, and hammer them with a bow. Try and get the attention of other invaders with prism stones so they see help is up there and they can run up to you as a safe haven. If they manage to corner you up there lower and run towards the sentinels, they'll have to wait for the circular thingy to come back up during which you'll have time to heal and set up another trap. Hope this helps.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:40 pm

@DJ thats exactly why its not cheap. I'm nat saying anyone should/shouldn't use it but the fact that its so easy to get makes it the very definition of fair.

@tolvo the problem is that only the hunters and gls seem to have any semblance of organization. We can/do slip in and out of the forest as 'just another hunter' but make a habit of kicking most every other pvp covenant in the teeth. Its how the orb works. We're not really suited to help anywhere outside the forest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Hmm, maybe I'll come up with some sort of idea of a possible coalition starter, I'll have to test out with some more DM'ing in different areas first.

By the way another thing worth mentioning, running away is cowardly, but tactically retreating is a whole thing in itself. It might seem a bit cheap, but if they are willing to 2/3v1 you, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't care about a level playing field and use their enemies to your advantage. Never forget in Dark Anor there are those two Darkmoons who can help you out before O and S' room.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:19 pm

You know what is really sad? Yesterday while I was at Anor Londo, I invaded and I was actually having a great fight with the host. It alteady lasted a couple of minutes. Suddenly a Darkwraith appears and took me off guard amd backstabbed me.
    He went straight to kill me. Guess what??? The host took him right away and I was like: why did you fo that? And they complain about us?
    The worst part is that it has happened several times.
    Anyway... About point 3 helping low levels onstead of griefing... What I do in Anor Londo is that I put down my sign at the second bonfire while I use the ring and wait for whatever happens first.
    If I get summoned I protect the host with my life and help him through the level, invaders and help him to get the loot.
    I think that could be a good idea for helping.

Blades of the Darkmoon... I salute you.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Darkmoon in-game conduct

1: Be polite at all times.
    I e; No hatemail, bow after fights

2: Respond in kind.
    I e; Heal only if they do, chain bs only if they do, double team only if they do.
    Riposting, bsing, and magic are all fine under any circumstances.

3: Fight on equal terms where ever possible
    I e; Don't kill players whos level or equipment prevents them from having a reasonable
    chance, don't aggro mobs if you're losing a 1v1 fight.

What do you guys think? I'm accounting for playstyle preferences so no gear restrictions but tell me if you think i missed any thing before i revamp the first page. Out of game conduct is next.

1: Be polite at all times.
    That one is simple but i think it needed to be said anyways.

2: Make you selves known
    Things can only improve if we improve and are known as darkmoons
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:56 pm

3: Be helpful and informative
    If you know the answer and its not posted, do so. If you're unsure, say so.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Darkmoons are assassins, not knights, I don't understand why you care so much about how some other players sees the darkmoon.
    When you invade it's written "phantom xxxxxx has invaded", not "phantom xxxxxx is coming to drink some tea" it's invasions, they sinned, you come to kill them without mercy.

Of course there will always be people hating the DM like there are peoples hating the forest hunters or the Darkwraith.
    I got a toon in each covenant and sometimes I'm angry at peoples from these covenants, but it's just some peoples, not the whole covenant.
    When a forest hunter kills me by spamming creat combustion while his buddy is trying to BS me I'm not really happy but when I'm on my hunter and I'm being ganged by TWOP users I like to have a buddy hunter with me.

There will always be idiots who believes that a few persons represents a whole group (and you should know it, don't you ?), let them believe it.

DMs are assassins, my DM is an assassin, the build is designed for assassination and if I had to duel with it I would be dead very quicly, I'm not gonna change the way I'm plaing or making a new DM build just because of some peoples who doesn't accept their defeat.
    I kill them and then I pray for their repentance.

Edit : You could still create a "movement" among the DMs that promotes some etiquette but don't try to change all the DMs and the purpose of this covenant.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm

A: Notice that I didn't state that you had to give them a chance to heal or that you couldn't 0hko them with a lightning gaxe and ring of fog.

B:I did state in a previous post that some players will always hate us but theres nothing we can/should do about those players as their ignorance is their problem.

C: if you're not here to show your support the cause, please rephrain from posting. If you don't want to join thats fine.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm just giving my opinion, I thought every human being has that right.
    But, I'm gonna ask again, why would you care so much of how the DMs (or should I say "you" ?) are seen ?
    It looks like you know that there's players who will still hate, but those are the same thats hates the DMs now so... what are you hoping to change ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what you're trying to do is useless cause I like the idea.
    Kinda like an assassin with etiquette that will never turn his back to his opponent and is respecting them hoping there's still a part of good in them and that they will repent someday.

But you should do it for the role play aspect only, cause those player's opinion will never change.
    I'm on some other builds for the moment but when it'll be finished I'll make a toon for it.
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:39 pm

I pref dueling without be cheap and win but i will be a rat when the py are farmers or lamers dats all

I dont bow after kill a farmer i just taunt or pray
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:54 pm

1: This is a private forum so you only have what rights they allow here and off topic posts arn't among them. Posting unhelpful questions In a thread about helping ourselves regain our reputation is off topic.

2: Its because i'm tired of being hated on for things i didn't do. If i can get together a group dedicated to acting with honor who share my frustration, then we may be able to change our image as a whole or carve out our own reputation instead of being hated along with those who deserve it.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:@ wyrm, i don't think mass low lvl invasions are the way to go, they're one of the reasons we're already hated, when we do have an event, i would like it to show people we are honorable duelists instead of just drawing attention.

Hey Pirate, I dont think griefers would want to duel. We Darkmoons after all, are here to punish these idiots. I think we need to show them that the glitch cannot go unnoticed by the Book of Guilty, I think I really, really think it is a Major Sin to use the glitch to kill noobs. They need to fear us. I'm 100% with you on the etiquette rules, specially if we are dueling.

As I said in the other post, I dont think it would work, because they kill the boss first, so the majority of the time we will be invading noobs that kill NPCs. Or does Darkmoons only invade the ones that have been indicted? I remember killing Petrus and not appearing on the book of guilty. Is there another way to punish these idiots?
    eninala

Post by eninala Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 pm

WyrmHero wrote:As I said in the other post, I dont think it would work, because they kill the boss first, so the majority of the time we will be invading noobs that kill NPCs. Or does Darkmoons only invade the ones that have been indicted? I remember killing Petrus and not appearing on the book of guilty. Is there another way to punish these idiots?

The only way I can think of is to start a NG+ (or NG++ or whatever), not kill the bell gargoyles, and hang around the burg in human form.

Honestly to me that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun, and would mean you couldn't join the DM covenant that playthrough until you gave up on doing it.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:1: This is a private forum so you only have what rights they allow here and off topic posts arn't among them. Posting unhelpful questions In a thread about helping ourselves regain our reputation is off topic.

It wasn't off topic, actually.
    I'm not posting unhelpful questions because it helps me understand why you are doing this, because I'm interested in it.

Now I will be off-topic and ask you to stop acting like that, almost everytime I see you posting you look aggressive (Maybe you're not, I know that some of my posts are seen as sarcastic or aggressive or whatever... but I didn't mean to be sarcastic or agressive at all), and almost everytime you replied to one of my posts I had that same feeling, it's not really "aggressive", I just got the feeling you're giving orders and don't want to listen to others and that is something I don't like.

So, yeah, I'd like you to be more friendly.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 pm

DJ_XHERO wrote:I pref dueling without be cheap and win but i will be a rat when the py are farmers or lamers dats all

I dont bow after kill a farmer i just taunt or pray

A: whats a lamer?

B: i obviously cant make you do anything but taunting isn't helpful to our cause. If you don't wish to participate in our efforts, you don't have to, but thats what this thread is about so please rephrain from commenting in ways that could be seen an attempt to undermine the standards i'm trying to establish.

Bottom line If you don't have a helpful comment or point to make, your posts are not welcome.

The point of bowing is to be polite, the only way to improve our image is to be the bigger person when confronted with less than admirable behaviors.

@gol. Last time i ask politly. You're not being helpful, either be helpful or stop posting in this thread, please. Don't even respond to this message. If its not helpfull, its not welcome.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 pm

@wyrm, the only way to anti grief is to wait in griefer infested areas and let them invade you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey, let's just all calm down. Though I disagree with Gol's opinion it doesn't mean it should just be ignored. There is a roleplay aspect to the Darkmoon's to consider, and other situational things. I think merely turning a blind eye to his ideas is counter productive, rather a polite discussion could help bring forth new ideas.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Tolvo wrote: There is a roleplay aspect to the Darkmoon's to consider, and other situational things. I think merely turning a blind eye to his ideas is counter productive, rather a polite discussion could help bring forth new ideas.

That.

@gol. Last time i ask politly. You're not being helpful, either be helpful or stop posting in this thread, please. Don't even respond to this message. If its not helpfull, its not welcome.

You're pretty stubborn, you know ?
    It may be a private forum with rules and maybe off-topic is forbidden but I wasn't off-topic, I was talking about the Darkmoons, a forum wether it is private or not is a place of debates where we exchange ideas.

It may be your topic but it is concerning a whole covenant and every persone who is interested in that "project" have, in my opinion, the right to say what he thinks and asking about some things if he needs.

You want to give DMs a better image and stop being judged on the actions of others, you want to be polite and respectful to others but you don't let the others share their opinions, you're kinda contradicting yourself.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Another quick little tip for catching up with a target, past the second bonfire where Solaire Rests. Sometimes they will be far ahead and you really don't want to sit around and wait for them to open the shortcut, or merely chase all the way after them. However, on the stairs you can actually run and jump over the railing landing on the floor directly above. From there I usually open the shortcut to be nice, but you don't have to. You can then head on further up, or wait at the titanite demon to use that to your advantage if your target is feeling gutsy.

Now if you already know these tricks, good for you. I'm mostly working out tips for people new to the covenant that need the edge.

EDIT: Could you guys please take this argument to PM's, I think discussing a disagreement between you two on a personal level really shouldn't be in this thread.

Last edited by Tolvo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:47 pm

I welcome Ideas, you simply didn't offer any. The roleplaying aspect should be considered but you neither said that, nor offered any ideas on how. I'm really not interested in your opinion as long as you're offering it aimlessly instead of applying it in helpful suggestions. Which you haven't made.

You've also both said that i 'Shouldn't try to change the covenant' and that my idea is good. I am trying to change how the covenant members behave which is ipso facto changing the covenant. So you haven't even made your opinion on what i'm trying to do clear.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:@wyrm, the only way to anti grief is to wait in griefer infested areas and let them invade you.

Yeah you're right. That's too bad, I would had enjoyed this sad. Well we should definetly organize, and set some rules with the armors. I think we should not wear masks, and wear some Anor Londo-based armors (I love Favor and Brass) You, for example could wear the Crown of Gwyndolin, you could be a great leader (we should have ranks too).For the weapons it could be any, and DMB is a must. For spells we should not spam and not use TWoP unless they are farmers.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Well Wyrm that sounds a bit more like a User Made covenant, which isn't a bad thing necessarily. I do feel like there should be more of those, I've been tempted to make a Forest Hunter faction myself.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 pm

My suggestion...

If you want to improve the image of the darkmoons the best place would be to start in this very forum by being polite and courteous. Telling people to get out of your thread or that their opinions aren't welcome is neither.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well Wyrm that sounds a bit more like a User Made covenant, which isn't a bad thing necessarily. I do feel like there should be more of those, I've been tempted to make a Forest Hunter faction myself.

Yeah if we want to change how the people see the DM, we should start with that. That way, it will be more easy for us to follow the rules. I dont mind following rules, I think we need them if we want people to see us differently.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm

And then if other Darkmoons feel inspired by the idea or want to join in you guys can extend your community and work on trying to bring more polite play about, it seems like it might be a slow process but one with a pretty good result if it works. Might I suggest, "The Dark Knights," if you're looking for a cheesy name haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 am